Linehaul Driver in Reno

CenturyClass

Lead-side Recruit
Credits
Just being nosy, oak harbor was hiring for linehaul in Reno.. Anyone with the 411.. Im pretty sure its impossible to land a steady bid off the street at any ltl carrier.. And where is the bottom man running to? Sac? Pay and all that good stuff? And man them trucks are painfully slow at 59, and I thought 62 was bad.

thanks for the info guys.

Like I have said before you can do way better at anyplace but here but if you need a job the check cashes. Since the demise of Express Transport Oak is now the West coast bottom feeder. If you enjoy working for a place that lies and treats their help like second class citizens you will love it here.

Reno has about 12 bid runs and somewhere around six extra board drivers. Remember that it is coming into vacation time so I betting that you will stay busy, as to where is anyone's guess. Be prepared that if the tell you you will go south that by time you arrive you will go north and always carry an overnight bag. If you like to run Central will keep you out if you ask. And if you don't well they will keep you out anyway.

Sorry that I can't offer more specifics.

The hourly rate is going to be around $21+. You will be paid Milage plus work time.

The way I deal with the slow trucks is to hang a Slow Moving Vehicle sign on the rear and think I am driving a farm tractor, fastest farm tractor in the state. But you will make up time with the awesome power that Oak gives us...if they cut them back any more they would never start.

Hey Who Cares, thanks for the info man..Guess until I finish college i can cross them off the list. I haveto be home everyday. I dont like the layover business unless its weather related