SAIA | Linehaul in Orlando?

supatrucka

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey everyone,

I was looking on the employment section of the Saia website. It shows openings for linehaul drivers in Orlando.

It is surprising to me(especialy in Orlando) hiring linehaul off the street rather than having them start out in the city.

I am a former Dugan Linehaul driver and would appreciate any feedback on what I can expect being on the bottom of the list running for SAIA.

Thanks and truck'em safe!!

Hey everyone,

I was looking on the employment section of the Saia website. It shows openings for linehaul drivers in Orlando.

It is surprising to me(especialy in Orlando) hiring linehaul off the street rather than having them start out in the city.

I am a former Dugan Linehaul driver and would appreciate any feedback on what I can expect being on the bottom of the list running for SAIA.

Thanks and truck'em safe!!

I suspect what exactly one would be doing would depend upon what that particular terminal's needs are. Some terminals may be all bid or mostly bid runs and others may be more system or "extra board" drivers. I dunno if Orlando is a breakbulk, mini breakbulk, or end of the line terminal. Obviously, if one has a bid run, one knows from the git go when and where they go.

Myself, a system driver am subject to being called at any time depending on the need and flow of freight. I may do laydowns or turns. Others can chime in and flesh out the bare bones for you.

bt some guys prefer to stay city..... orl being a prime example.....necessity means hiring manpower off the street to meet freight flow demands....

I agree. I don't believe that it was ever set in granite that linehaul was only hired from within. It is often times a matter of having access to opportunities before the general public.

Great terminal manager out of Orlando Fl
His name is Stacey Schrider he is an old time Smalley employee started on the dock and worked his way through management. Was at one time Jacksonville Fl Operations manager. Don't know why they are hiring off street but you will 100 % sure be running the system. Some times home every day some times odd days. But since your a Florida driver they try not to let you get out of the State. So you will be very familiar with the Florida Terminals.

tell stacie i said hello..... newbie.... tell him i said park inn ....... not!!!!! he will know what we mean.... what a dump!!!

I dont get down to Orlando any more unless I run weekends so I don't see him but there is know way I would evr stay at the park inn down there if thats what your referring too.

dont quite know what you are talking about junior...... i run knoxville..... remember? you know im partial to arbys anyway!!!