Holland | Linehaul Layoffs

Mobile lost 1...new hire been here 30 days plus 1 week. Hope this frees up the board and eveyone can get out now. I knew when they started this hiring thing, they was screwing up. I'm willing to bet this isn't over yet. Bet they get some more in the next week or 2...just my opinion....

Moparman why would you say thats the YRC way when holland has been laying men off for the last few years when YRC was nowhere around ? The layed off drivers in our barn have always had the option of working the dock and usually make a little more money then the drivers left at the bottom of the road extra board. This has been going on way before YRC came along.

Holland will never be same thanks to good old YRC, i havent seen one good thing since they bought us out, all they think about is saving pennies everywhere they can, our maintance program even sucks now, unsafe trucks driving down the road, and you have to drive them forever now till the wheels fall off,pulling these heavy a$# loads stacking and crushing everything, os&d claims will get higher too, sorry for rambling, had to vent

I heard tonight that "Central Dispatch" wanted drivers laid off last week to work "as needed" this week. (day to day) What is wrong with these pencil pushers? Do they really think that people, just starting out at a company, will put up with so much B/S? I wish everybody laid off could say "see ya" and maybe they would treat PEOPLE a little differently in the future.

Cracker how short is your memory? You said YRC has done nothing but good to HMES since the buyout. O/R was 95 and rising---now its in the low 90's and dropping. I realize we are driving older trucks, but something had to give or else. As a city driver I see new equipment, even as far south as we are in ME. As for new hires, lay-off's is something you have to deal with at any major carrier. Good luck, GRIZZ

Layoffs are nothing new for us at Indy anyway.
The big "Z" was in house last week and said we are getting better on our O/R, we need to get our claim ratio under control and be afraid of UPS Freight.

Benny Hill said:
I heard tonight that "Central Dispatch" wanted drivers laid off last week to work "as needed" this week. (day to day) What is wrong with these pencil pushers? Do they really think that people, just starting out at a company, will put up with so much B/S? I wish everybody laid off could say "see ya" and maybe they would treat PEOPLE a little differently in the future.
Hey old friend Benny!!!!! you hit the nail on the head.Too much BS drove me away.Sorry to hear about this.

I pulled a load on Wed. night that was built in Holland. I stopped in Danville to make a drop. The frt. was all dbl stacked. Most of it was floor loaded or on pallets and not wrapped and then dbl stacked on top of drums. Most of the frt was damaged. What happened to on time claim free service? I don't think Mr. "Z" would know Holland culture if it bit him in the A**.

tnt516

why don't all the road drivers stick together for once and help our brother teamsters out that are laid off and only work 5 days a week that way it would force them to bring back the guys that are laid off or don't you remember when you were low man on the list

tnt516 said:
why don't all the road drivers stick together for once and help our brother teamsters out that are laid off and only work 5 days a week that way it would force them to bring back the guys that are laid off or don't you remember when you were low man on the list
HERE, HERE!!! But it will never happen, to many people only worry about themselves now days. The sad part is that they don't think it will ever happen to them.

usf-indy said:
Moparman why would you say thats the YRC way when holland has been laying men off for the last few years when YRC was nowhere around ? The layed off drivers in our barn have always had the option of working the dock and usually make a little more money then the drivers left at the bottom of the road extra board. This has been going on way before YRC came along.

That's Right!

The YRC way would be to lay your butt off, subject to recall.....Call you if they have any extra work available.....You can bump another terminal,[Southern Region Only!] provided you had senority over 1 driver.....and you dang sure will NOT be allowed to work the dock!

ps: say goodbye to those Hams at Christmas too!......KK

Also....kind of stupid to lay off when hunting season is around the corner!.....like I am going to wait by the phone day to day waiting on a call!.........Enjoy the time off.....in a few weeks, you all will be complaining about not being able to get off work to enjoy time with your family!.....KK