FedEx Freight | Linehaul out of Holbrook AZ.

bentstrider83

TB Lurker
Credits
I was contacted after submitting the app to come in for a drive test and the other, formalities for next week in Holbrook AZ for a line-haul driver out of that hub/center.
Does anyone work out of that particular center? The job seems relatively promising for the description: Running turns to Albuquerque and back, some dock work involved if you want to do it, a relatively stable shift., etc
The pay seems kind of iffy for the start though. Just wanted to make sure it's at least the same or more of what I'm making right now for getting tankers shuttled to and unloaded at the given plants I have to take them to.

I currently over-do it a little each night over here at the milk tanker outfit. Usually pushing my 14 quite easily each day just to bring in a thousand, same or less.

I would take the job. They also have 18 morning/ day runs. That yard is a relay yard and not a hub. Just relaying freight either East or West. Mostly hooked set's. Easy money in my opinion

We are adding runs going to 22 day and 22 at night 554 to LHA and 454 to AQE. We are a relay yard no dock work unless you want to only at AQE run at night.

I would take the job. They also have 18 morning/ day runs. That yard is a relay yard and not a hub. Just relaying freight either East or West. Mostly hooked set's. Easy money in my opinion

Sounds pretty good. I'm requesting a Fri/Sat off next week in order to head out there and get the necessary things done before getting on. Got to take another physical again as usual, but not too worried about that since getting a medical card renewed just this September.
Leave on good terms with the current outfit and try this place on for size.
Holbrook seems kind of similar to Clovis NM where I've been at for the past, five years. Small city/town atmosphere, not an entirely lot to do, but just like Clovis, Holbrook at least has a community college nearby where some studying for whatever could get done during any downtime.
Not to mention all the housing I've found is a short walk or bicycling distance from the yard as well.

We are going to 22 day runs 22 night runs we are rebiding Feb 1

We are adding runs going to 22 day and 22 at night 554 to LHA and 454 to AQE. We are a relay yard no dock work unless you want to only at AQE run at night.

I talked to one of the main guys earlier on the phone and that's what he mentioned. I'm more of a night guy since that's all I've been doing and he was saying the dock work was optional. Try it out a few times if I get bored?
This'll be my first time driving the doubles as well, but it doesn't seem too hard to get used to. Watched plenty of videos on it, so I figure the actual thing shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

I talked to one of the main guys earlier on the phone and that's what he mentioned. I'm more of a night guy since that's all I've been doing and he was saying the dock work was optional. Try it out a few times if I get bored?
This'll be my first time driving the doubles as well, but it doesn't seem too hard to get used to. Watched plenty of videos on it, so I figure the actual thing shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Driving doubles is easy and I prefer it over long vans.

That's around 470 miles round trip. I don't know how the dock is in Albuquerque but I'd imagine you'd only work a couple hours max. That would help your pay quite a bit. Add to that your drop and hook pay and fuel pay and you've got a pretty nice gig. 14 hour days will probably not be the norm. Perhaps I should be going to Holbrook.