Yellow | Linehaul payout

truckermofo

TB Lurker
Credits
The company taxed it at 40%. It is not a bonus, it is earned/owed wages. On or by January 14th if you are not paid the remainder of the balance you must fill outva F-182 for an 8 for 24 claim. And start the clock.

The company taxed it at 40%. It is not a bonus, it is earned/owed wages. On or by January 14th if you are not paid the remainder of the balance you must fill outva F-182 for an 8 for 24 claim. And start the clock.

Slight correction, the company must follow IRS regulations when making any kind of payment to employees. It doesn't "tax" a payment, only withholds an amount as required by the IRS.

Slight correction, the company must follow IRS regulations when making any kind of payment to employees. It doesn't "tax" a payment, only withholds an amount as required by the IRS.
Slight corrction, obviously you have never filed a grievance. It is added to your paycheck period. It is added as normal income not in a seperate check, the payout was taxed at 40% across the board. We all might have different witholdnigs but all where paid the same amount. Countless people cry about the union selling them out, well guess what now 5000 line drivers have the chance todo what everyone wants. To put this place out of its missery. Or wait, it is easier to blame the union officials.

Slight corrction, obviously you have never filed a grievance. It is added to your paycheck period. It is added as normal income not in a seperate check, the payout was taxed at 40% across the board. We all might have different witholdnigs but all where paid the same amount. Countless people cry about the union selling them out, well guess what now 5000 line drivers have the chance todo what everyone wants. To put this place out of its missery. Or wait, it is easier to blame the union officials.

Truckermofo, the only thing "obvious" is that you're slightly confused. The payout, in whatever way it is made, is not "taxed" per se. Any payment - normal pay or otherwise - has a certain amount "withheld" according to IRS regulations. That's because the Government want's installment payments made during the year of the approximate tax you will ultimately owe. The actual "tax" you owe the Government isn't actually known till you file your tax return at the end of the year. Also, if 40% was withheld as you say, it seems that the extra payment was not subject to normal weekly pay withholding rates.

Oh and by the way, you couldn't be more wrong about me having never filed a grievance. Just saying.

Truckermofo, the only thing "obvious" is that you're slightly confused. The payout, in whatever way it is made, is not "taxed" per se. Any payment - normal pay or otherwise - has a certain amount "withheld" according to IRS regulations. That's because the Government want's installment payments made during the year of the approximate tax you will ultimately owe. The actual "tax" you owe the Government isn't actually known till you file your tax return at the end of the year. Also, if 40% was withheld as you say, it seems that the extra payment was not subject to normal weekly pay withholding rates.

Oh and by the way, you couldn't be more wrong about me having never filed a grievance. Just saying.

I'm not going to argue tax code, with someone who spends every April at his computer with his turbo tax up and a big adding machine playing accountant. Plain and simple a runaround claim or pay shortage is added to your check. Not paid out separately. I will continue to fight the company, you continue sharpening pencils and being the smartest guy in the room.

I'm not going to argue tax code, with someone who spends every April at his computer with his turbo tax up and a big adding machine playing accountant. Plain and simple a runaround claim or pay shortage is added to your check. Not paid out separately. I will continue to fight the company, you continue sharpening pencils and being the smartest guy in the room.

Truckermofo, your very first post in this thread (which you yourself started) almost seems to me like it's a response to comments made in a totally different thread - the "Profit Sharing 2016" thread where bonus payments were being discussed. From that first post it seems as though you're confusing bonus pay with back pay for a grievance that's won. In any event, you seem more adept at making smart azz comments directed at someone (me) who has responded to your somewhat confused posts rather than understanding how withholding is applied. In any event I seem to have learned all I need to know about you. Have a nice Christmas.

Last edited:
Truckermofo, your very first post in this thread (which you yourself started) almost seems to me like it's a response to comments made in a totally different thread - the "Profit Sharing 2016" thread where bonus payments were being discussed. From that first post it seems as though you're confusing bonus pay with back pay for a grievance that's won. In any event, you seem more adept at making smart azz comments directed at someone (me) who has responded to your somewhat confused posts rather than understanding how withholding is applied. In any event I seem to have learned all I need to know about you. Have a nice Christmas.
It doesn't matter when you file your taxes you actually pay your tax at the rate for you then you get the remainder back . So if they meaning the IRS to 40 % then you will get it back and you xan file all the grievances you want the are not contractual and wont go anywhere

It's 420 time. If I'm not confused now, I will be momentarily.:wavey:

Rumor has it ,that the Big Announcement coming out in Jan 2017 is that CSPF & YRCW is going to require the retirees to work part-time dock , in order to receive any future pension payments , Nyhan thinks its the only way to save the fund !!:heykoolaid:
I have no problem with this, if I can bring Mrs. mud to help me load high and tight.
IgS0Ytc.jpg

ummm its a type of exercise of exercise that Mrs. skullcramp practices. it involves squeezing a certain body part somewhat near mr. muds ears noted in the picture above. mr. skullcramp says mee likee

Are you BFF's with the Hotels.com mascot?