FedEx Freight | LineHaul Realignment

If you don't go by seniority then how do ya assign work. Ya pick your favorites and start handing out the good stuff.....WRONG!!!! NOT IN MY HOUSE!!!!!

not everthing is done by seniority atvnut, i ll tell you what, you would either love it or hate it with me in my barn..if i have a tough city route i am going to look for the best man for the job doesnt matter if he has been here two months or 10 years..but come friday morning i am going to hand him that easy route thank him for the hard work he did all week for me and try to send him home early when he gets back from it.

sometimes in order to run a good operation you have to look at the whole picture (not saying it is the chase at your barn i dont work there so i cant say on their behalf) but you cant put a man on a route that you know he cant get done. it would be like playing shooting yourself if the foot makes no sense

You know what FL that would be totally acceptable!!! The problem is that at my barn it never comes around. The slackers keep coming up with excuses about how they can't do it, I don't know the stops or area, don't have that map, never been in that area before, and many more... I've suggested having classes to show the new guys the ropes, map reading classes, more training time.... so on and so on. It falls on deaf ears.

I'm not saying that I want to come in everyday and go sit all day. I'm simply saying teach the new people what they need to know to be sucessful in their job to make it easier on everybody.

I'm stuck. Can't find anything that pays as good right now. Averitt pays fairly decent but the drivers are not getting any miles so
I'm forced to stay and put up with the crap.

The center that I work at is a joke. All of the sups walk around on eggshells afraid to make a decision because they think they will get fired. Most of them are young and inexperienced. The ones with the experience like to cater to their low seniority golf buddies. I have to fight to get what I feel I deserve with the seniority that I have. I don't expect to be put up on a pedestal or anything ridiculous. I would just like to be offered an early start time before somebody that has only been there less than a year. Anybody agree or am I out of line on that one?

Have you tried reaching out to your Regional Manager?

Lay it on the line, let him know how you feel, but do it in a professional way without blowing up..

can't hurt to try!

If you don't go by seniority then how do ya assign work. Ya pick your favorites and start handing out the good stuff.....WRONG!!!! NOT IN MY HOUSE!!!!!

QUOTE]

not everthing is done by seniority atvnut, i ll tell you what, you would either love it or hate it with me in my barn..if i have a tough city route i am going to look for the best man for the job doesnt matter if he has been here two months or 10 years..but come friday morning i am going to hand him that easy route thank him for the hard work he did all week for me and try to send him home early when he gets back from it.

sometimes in order to run a good operation you have to look at the whole picture (not saying it is the chase at your barn i dont work there so i cant say on their behalf) but you cant put a man on a route that you know he cant get done. it would be like playing shooting yourself if the foot makes no sense

heres the problem with that.lets say my route is considered easy.on friday your going to take it from me because in your opinion someone worked harder than me.are you going to do this every friday?what if a guy is older or really fat and can't move that fast but gives you the best he can if another guy younger or in beter shape can do it faster your going to screw the other guy?
its great you want to reward the hard worker but not say you and this is just my opinion but red shirts need to grow a set of balls and call out the bums who screw tham daily rather than push the work off on the harder working guys.nothing pisses me off more than to know i make the same amount of money as the scumbag that hides in customer lots are drag there feet all day.actaully i lied what pisses me off more than that is the red shirt that know that this driver is screwing them but doesn't have the balls to do anything about it.

heres the problem with that.lets say my route is considered easy.on friday your going to take it from me because in your opinion someone worked harder than me.are you going to do this every friday?what if a guy is older or really fat and can't move that fast but gives you the best he can if another guy younger or in beter shape can do it faster your going to screw the other guy?
its great you want to reward the hard worker but not say you and this is just my opinion but red shirts need to grow a set of balls and call out the bums who screw tham daily rather than push the work off on the harder working guys.nothing pisses me off more than to know i make the same amount of money as the scumbag that hides in customer lots are drag there feet all day.actaully i lied what pisses me off more than that is the red shirt that know that this driver is screwing them but doesn't have the balls to do anything about it.

great point jeep
:1036316054:

If the fat guy could drink more beer than the young kid.. and he bought a round after work... then I am with the fat guy!!! :smilie_132:

White Castle burgers on me!!

what if a guy is older or really fat and can't move that fast

Keep me out of this!

Great point!!! :hide:

What if the fat guy was the young kid.. he was fat but still in great shape.. but lazy.. and the supervisor did not have any balls due to a recent bought with prostate cancer.. and the young kid in shape pictured the fat guy as his idol...

where do we go from that point????

ok, I'm done.... :hysterical:

no i tell you stuck it up run the route i have for you and give you the glass jar i have my balls in that i kept from the surgrey so you have an extra set in case you have to dig deep:biglaugh:

some one will always have a better run than I, and a bigger house, and a newer car/truck .....but you know what ...I'm happy with who I am and what I have ....we are all on a one way trip ....so I am enjoying the ride .......

2 words if i'm pulled off my run due to favortism RETURN SLIPS and not for just that day either.this actaully happens at my center every friday except the hard working guy doesn't get the break the guy who dogged them all week does.luckily i have one of the most crappy runs at the center (no docks) so rarely does someone have my run.however on fridays my run does get expanded and i get slammed with pick ups because some guys got a (go to the bar early on friday) card.

:nutkick:

3 days a week is too much for you....

You still have a underlying contract that states you will be off every Friday night?

Hell ya, but to be honest it ain't looking to good tonite.... probably have to go North West again.

2 words if i'm pulled off my run due to favortism RETURN SLIPS and not for just that day either.

Would you explain this to your customers that have already paid to have it delivered...

I am trying to figure out when everything in this company became about "us".. we are working for a man/women that paid us to do a job...

Karma is a *****.... Hope that Jeep don't need parts delivered fast... Might be a driver that is taking your product and money you paid for shipping.. and trying to prove a point to his supervisor that will only make his job more of a pain in the future.

I think the retunr slips remark came from
someone else running his route and not getting it done

not him doing it on purpose

Would you explain this to your customers that have already paid to have it delivered...

I am trying to figure out when everything in this company became about "us".. we are working for a man/women that paid us to do a job...

Karma is a *****.... Hope that Jeep don't need parts delivered fast... Might be a driver that is taking your product and money you paid for shipping.. and trying to prove a point to his supervisor that will only make his job more of a pain in the future.

It's not about "us" like you say...It's about no loyalty anymore so why give a crap. I do what it takes for me to keep my job and nothing more. To hell with the numbers and all of the red shirt mumbo jumbo. PERIOD... DRIVERS RULE AND SUPS DROOL....:hysterical:

This is a never ending conversation here!!!!:1036316054:

It's about no loyalty anymore so why give a crap. I do what it takes for me to keep my job and nothing more. To hell with the numbers and all of the red shirt mumbo jumbo. PERIOD... DRIVERS RULE AND SUPS DROOL....:hysterical:

I dis-agree.. many want to argue the fact and complain about someone else not doing anything to help.. We all must help ourselves first.. Maybe you shuold try stepping up and creating a team.. I am not trying to **** you off Atvnut, but your conception and attitude towards what is happening is probably only making it worse..

Drivers do not rule, neither does the sups or FedEx.. the customers rule.. they are the ones putting the freight on our trucks.. and if we do not take care of them, then you will not have to worry about keeping your job..

Our economy is headed towards a depression.. yes I said it.. we are in denial as a country as far as a recession.. It's time to get our heads out of our rumps as a company..(all of us) and help retain what is keeping us busy.. wether any of you like FedEx or not.. most of you know that we are more secure as a company than many of the other LTL's out there.

When we all decide to work together as a team is when things will get better.. You can say what you want and point fingers all you want.. but it takes the sups and the drivers, dock employees, clerical and everyone else to make this happen.

You can fish or cut bait.. $hit or get off the pot.. call the kettle black... whatever.. but it's about time we all start counting our chickens and cut the BS.. If you have a suggestion to make it better.. go to your manager.. if he dont listen, go to your RM.. Anyone can sit on the bench and complain or say how they can make it better... but it is not going to happen until you lace up your pads and get on the field.

not to sound like a dck but i don't use fx for shipping i request ups.i had a lot of problems with ground.as far as karma well you know i'm a part time jeep owner 50% of the time its in the shop