Estes | Linehaul to team driver

I'm not, I just drivers claim "I was on the road and in hotels for a long time, hub drivers new what they were getting into and could've switched anytime, blah blah blah" let me tell ya, when I first started, team drivers couldn't get off team's and go to LH they had a time frame to find a new teammate. Now they get all their time for LH. My terminal has almost 30 tes and they're coming g off teams daily to get a scheduled run.... Combo drivers who are working in the city for 3-5 yrs than going extra board Aug-Sept so they can get a scheduled run when before they were utility and couldn't transfer therein time (up until recently) It's intellectually dishonest to say Hub drivers new what they were getting into when they signed up, so did team utility and combo and now they're carrying time over. Yeah, I understand itll suck and feel like it's not fair but it's the right thing to do... when 027 became a break bulk they added 11 day time runs they hired combo guysv3 weeks before they posted runs, hub drivers who were there 3-5 yrs who worked during the layoff and slow times and snowstorms were still behind those guys on seniority list, so don't tell me or anybody wait your turn. I don't complain when teams break up or combo drivers make the switch, their time of service is just fine with me.

You are well informed about your terminal. Years went by and you watched all these people make moves to better themselves.You never made the move. Now you cry foul. You are smart to see what all these other people did, you explain it well. You could've made the move but you didn't. You have the years and the categories memorized you are not confused. You never made the move. You want to make the move but you don't. And if Estes never merges the board will you make the move? Will you do for yourself that which you are asking others to do for you?

You are well informed about your terminal. Years went by and you watched all these people make moves to better themselves.You never made the move. Now you cry foul. You are smart to see what all these other people did, you explain it well. You could've made the move but you didn't. You have the years and the categories memorized you are not confused. You never made the move. You want to make the move but you don't. And if Estes never merges the board will you make the move? Will you do for yourself that which you are asking others to do for you?
Nope

I'm not crying foul. I'm saying you need to be intellectually honest or your just have no intellect at all. You said "you know all about your terminal and you seen guys make the switch, you could've done the same thing" they did NOTHING! Estes changed policy on teams/utility to allow their time to count towards LH!!! I'll wait and like they did till Estes policy changes and they allocate my old hub time towards my LH. SMH! It's to easy to debate people like because you use emotions and ignore the facts and the history of what the company has done... for the record when I was hired as a hub driver, I replaced a driver who went LH he lost his run 6mths later, I offered him his old run back. I'm not crying foul, I just have credibility when I speak on this issue. Please don't respond, you'll save yourself the embarrassment.

This is getting old and stale. This old smelly rumor that if comes true, would clearly turn this company upside down. Certain drivers start fires with other drivers to get a thrill. If Estes merges boards we ALL will be Dock Workers not the other way around. No one forced me to be Linehaul. We all made a decision when we bid or applied for a certain classification.
I've said this before and I'll say it again. I, like many others came here to run linehaul and linehaul only. We didn't come here to chase boxes or run 300 miles a night. The day they try to make me a hub driver, work dock or lose seniority to someone who didn't make the same choices and sacrifices but wants all the benefits is the day I leave, with a smile on my face and not a single look back.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I, like many others came here to run linehaul and linehaul only. We didn't come here to chase boxes or run 300 miles a night. The day they try to make me a hub driver, work dock or lose seniority to someone who didn't make the same choices and sacrifices but wants all the benefits is the day I leave, with a smile on my face and not a single look back.

Yeah, 2600 miles a week 12-15 hrs on a dock with a laydown in Cleveland.... Silly me for sticking with the HIGHEST paying run in the whole terminal... You aren't going anywhere driver.. Estes pays you too much per mile, you know it, I know it and they know it. Nice try though. It sounded good though.

Yeah, 2600 miles a week 12-15 hrs on a dock with a laydown in Cleveland.... Silly me for sticking with the HIGHEST paying run in the whole terminal... You aren't going anywhere driver.. Estes pays you too much per mile, you know it, I know it and they know it. Nice try though. It sounded good though.
Nope. Wrong again. 1 hour on a dock is more than I will put up with, let alone 12.

Money isn't everything chief.

I was looking for a job when I came here so again, the day they hand me the keys to a forklift is the day I leave. Count on it. I'm telling you and given the chance I'll tell Rob Estes to his face. I'll even send you a picture of me walking out the door. Not. Gonna. Happen.

This isn't personal for me, I'm will not work the dock. Merging the boards means we all become hub not linehaul. That is being intellectually honest.

This isn't personal for me, I'm will not work the dock. Merging the boards means we all become hub not linehaul. That is being intellectually honest.

Yeah, restructuring relays, dark terminals, halfway meets plus those 500+ miles runs to become hub runs it's going to suck, let me go leave to OD FedEx EPO etc.... Start from their bottom and ohhh work the docks because I have no seniority... Good luck with that fellows, wish yall the best. I really do.

Yeah, restructuring relays, dark terminals, halfway meets plus those 500+ miles runs to become hub runs it's going to suck, let me go leave to OD FedEx EPO etc.... Start from their bottom and ohhh work the docks because I have no seniority... Good luck with that fellows, wish yall the best. I really do.
There's life after LTL. Pays just as well if not better, also. Free your mind. I won't work dock at Estes or anywhere else. Think I'm gonna start a hashtag #NotGonnaHappen

Just because YOU signed up for it and YOU don't mind it doesn't mean everyone else feels the same. Many of us came here because the system works the way it does. YOU think we should all do what YOU prefer. Guess what, a lot of us don't want to do what you are willing to do. If they try to force it on us, we have options. Good luck to you as well. #NotGonnaHappen

I'm not crying foul. I'm saying you need to be intellectually honest or your just have no intellect at all. You said "you know all about your terminal and you seen guys make the switch, you could've done the same thing" they did NOTHING! Estes changed policy on teams/utility to allow their time to count towards LH!!! I'll wait and like they did till Estes policy changes and they allocate my old hub time towards my LH. SMH! It's to easy to debate people like because you use emotions and ignore the facts and the history of what the company has done... for the record when I was hired as a hub driver, I replaced a driver who went LH he lost his run 6mths later, I offered him his old run back. I'm not crying foul, I just have credibility when I speak on this issue. Please don't respond, you'll save yourself the embarrassment.
Just to clarify all utility driver didn't benefit from the policy change, I know of some that lost more than three years seniority, so I would be careful what you wish for. Estes is a good place to work but they don't always do the right thing.

when 027 became a break bulk they added 11 day time runs they hired combo guysv3 weeks before they posted runs, hub drivers who were there 3-5 yrs who worked during the layoff and slow times and snowstorms were still behind those guys on seniority list, so don't tell me or anybody wait your turn.

If those new combo guys were in the combo classification when the runs were posted, the hub driver with 3-5 years would've been awarded those runs before the combo driver. Assuming the hub driver actually bid on the run.

Linehaul runs that aren't filled by linehaul drivers are awarded based on company driving time.

Combo guys that switch to linehaul don't get the benefit of their combo time until they've been linehaul for 90 days.

You sound bitter.

You sound bitter.

Not at all, you made an asinine assertion that once Hub/LH combine that EVERYBODY will be forced to work the dock. Challenging your emotional argument with fact reason and logic might seem bitter, but, I think just a little bit deeper than most.