Estes | Linehaul to team driver

Not at all, you made an asinine assertion that once Hub/LH combine that EVERYBODY will be forced to work the dock. Challenging your emotional argument with fact reason and logic might seem bitter, but, I think just a little bit deeper than most.

It's not asinine once you realize that if they do that everyone is now exposed to being put on the dock.

No, not every LH driver will be turned into a box chaser overnight, but the POTENTIAL is there as opposed to now where none of us have to even think about it. THAT'S the point and the problem.

Last edited:
If those new combo guys were in the combo classification when the runs were posted, the hub driver with 3-5 years would've been awarded those runs before the combo driver. Assuming the hub driver actually bid on the run.

Linehaul runs that aren't filled by linehaul drivers are awarded based on company driving time.

Combo guys that switch to linehaul don't get the benefit of their combo time until they've been linehaul for 90 days.

I was a combo that got screwed out of a linehaul bid by a hub driver. I was a little butt hurt but I'm over it. I don't want to be screwed again.

Made the switch from p&D to line 13years ago. Went through all the ups and downs with the merge. Teams were making 80k a year while I sat at home. City drivers were running LH freight while I sat at home. Now things are good on line. Got guys with over 25 years on shuttle bids and now they can just take the #1bid? I don't think the company cares much for LH drivers.