SEFL | Linehaul

troubleman84

TB Veteran
Credits
Looked sefl.com seen hiring for road drivers in south Atlanta and Dallas in slow season those should be easy positions to fill

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I hear no complaints from guys I see at my 30min break points just the guys who run system which I would like to do. Do yall have subcontractors pulling too much money runs?

troubleman84,pls dont listen to one unhappy driver he seems to hate everything and everyone at sefl ,they do have subs running this time of year , good luck and call the tm where ever you go and ask

Thanks I live in greenville wish they had need for road drivers there but I will run to atl if it's for a system bid

hey truobleman i talk to some drivers in atl they say most of thoese run are vacation coverage or 2-1/2 out every other day they could be changed to system or a team if availabe,they have65 linehaul driver there they say someone is always off.hopes this helps youmake up ur mind

If you are looking to run linehaul or linehaul system, then you may want to check out Saia. If you are out of Greenville, there should be several Saia terminals closer than Atlanta. I've been in Linehaul for over a decade and I don't have any complaints.

Thanks dracula I looked into saia near greenville and they don't run system drivers out of their just dock work runs for a bottom bid runs

If you are looking to run linehaul or linehaul system, then you may want to check out Saia. If you are out of Greenville, there should be several Saia terminals closer than Atlanta. I've been in Linehaul for over a decade and I don't have any complaints.

Hey Dracula, when is the last decent raise those guys have gotten over at Saia.. I have a friend of mine that runs team out GBO and he's pissed because of the "no raise clause" that seems to be in affect over there...

He says Saia has went to the dogs...

I can't speak for teams because I don't know for sure what they make or how many miles they drive. The last thing that I had heard was from years ago and that was that teams get paid a few cents more per mile than linehaul. I do remember talking to some teams, at the fuel area, and they were complaining about having to make more drops and driving shorter segments but the miles were still there. What I can tell you is that, the giveback,from a few years ago, has been restored and that we got a raise this year. Saia is financially strong and our OR is consistently low so we can expect another raise this year. Saia just raised the company match on our 401-k and our insurance didn't go up this year.

Truthfully, as far as Saia going to the dogs, I don't see it. As for my personal situation, I go to work 5 days a week, rarely cut, run a regular schedule, and my paycheck hits the bank every Wednesday. Like I said, I've been running linehaul for well over a decade and I don't have any complaints but my world is different than team world.

Same over here at Cooper I'm on a team bid and I think it's bout time I went back solo but don't have enough seniority to stay on road and not work dock for 6 to 7 hours a night plus we just got screwed on health insurance and my family is young gotta look for a better situation

I know that you said that you have checked out some Saia terminals in your area. Go to the Saia website, look in the upper right corner for the careers tab and browse the site. You may find something there and you can apply online. In my opinion, knowing what I seen of this company over the last decade, and having a young family, I'd be tearing that website up with applications, but everyone sees things differently.

You can apply for a job at Southeastern on there website also. It is sefl.com.Worked for them for over 15 years and I think it is a good company. Best job I ever had. Is it perfect? Nope but I have never seen a perfect job or a perfect company...