Linehaul?

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by bentstrider83, Sep 7, 2017.

1. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Member

Last time I applied at YRC, all they had available at the ABQ terminal were team positions that ran all the way out to the west coast and back. Haven't been or lived in CA or any of the Pacific coast states in five years after moving away from there. Not too eager to return to that mess.

2. radman

radman moving and grooving

Coremark is like real work. LTL city work is alot easier than that, typically.

3. highspeeds

highspeeds ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY

Can't make numbers without bodies. Some weird decisions being made that would have never flown at the old Con-job.

4. highspeeds

" outsourcing " " sub vans " " sub service " you see that all over this board and throughout it's threads. They all mean exactly what you are talking about there. Doing it cheaper with someone that will do it cheaper every time you can. That is effecting us all. It's no different here than where you are as far as that goes.

5. highspeeds

I thought Estes was privately held. Complete opposite of the mega-conglomerate that this is.

6. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

Estes is privately held.

highspeeds likes this.
  7. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

That's what we do at OD except we take it one step further, if you jump boards you go to the bottom and you gain seniority from there. But our city is only bid by route. If you have enough seniority to bid whatever route is available, it is yours and it generally comes with it's particular start time. Then you stay in the same area every day. Volume drivers don't have a route, most do just that, run volume loads, but they do bring them in to cover vacation/call out peddle runs too.

highspeeds likes this.
  8. Fedexfedex

Fedexfedex New Member

I AGREE that's why I am leaving because, I wanted to do line haul an they put me in the city. They need a bid system like other LTL.

9. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Member

Well, Estes P/D in Albuquerque picked somebody else and the Estes linehaul in Phoenix told me I needed two years of hauling doubles elsewhere before I could get on over there for a linehaul position. At the same time though, they told me to that I could try for a P/D position instead and then work up the doubles experience that way.