Pitt-Ohio | Lip service

slohan

TB Lurker
Credits
We had a meeting mon. & we were told that we cannot say anything about our run ,we cannot question mangment about anything, just do as you are told or they will send you home without pay. is this com. policy? Love to here your thoughts. this came from Doug our dispacher Charleston wv

We had a meeting mon. & we were told that we cannot say anything about our run ,we cannot question mangment about anything, just do as you are told or they will send you home without pay. is this com. policy? Love to here your thoughts. this came from Doug our dispacher Charleston wv

Linehaul or P&D

As I am lower on the seniority list I have notice one thing about the POE company policy, If the senior guys complain to much they will change policy to make them happy. Usually it will come from those Term. closer to PGH or the bigger ones.

I think as POE grows they need to come online with a policy that will combine Linehaul with P&D because at our barn they are treated differently mainly because linehaul is directed by PGH and the term has little to do with it.

We were told at a safety meeting back in November or December, don't complain. The story goes like this, line haul told two or three drivers to layover one night, not sure of the reason, but these drivers were not happy. These drivers did not plan on staying out overnight and complained to PGH. We were told that there are plenty of people that would be willing to do the work.

I really didn't think much about it, part of was tongue and cheek. I started out as a part time employee and switched to line haul driver last September. The TM told me that I now work for the big house, unfortunately it only lasted til Jan 30.

I found a job with another company, so I won't be back. I can say that I did like running line haul, it was great while it lasted.

I wouldn't worry to much about those comments unless you are the one trying to turn things upside down at your terminal.

this is why people vote unions in they just make up ::shit:: as they go along at this company as drivers we would love set rules then theres nothing to complain about thats why pitt hates the union there going to do whatever they want an we can say nothing just do our jobs and shut up

this is why people vote unions in they just make up ::shit:: as they go along at this company as drivers we would love set rules then theres nothing to complain about thats why pitt hates the union there going to do whatever they want an we can say nothing just do our jobs and shut up

A union will not make a difference. If you run out of hours, you can,t drive. Inclement weather will slow you down, missed relays due to breakdowns all have a bearing on what plays out during the night and as a driver you need to be prepared.

Pitt Ohio is not a bad company, why ruin things with a union? Name another company that offers 100% paid health care benefits. Here's an idea, offer PGH a contribution to your health care plan in exchange for set policies for the line haul drivers. Why would you want to pay a union a monthly dues for nothing. This would help Pitt Ohio be more profitable, which would help with the profit sharing check. You win and the company wins.