Lipari Foods

Thunder Kiss

TB Lurker
Credits
Are there any drivers that can tell me what its like to work for Lipari Foods, they seem to be a growing company and they are hiring in Michigan. Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you

I got hired at Lipari's Pittsburgh (Cranberry) location in January and I like it so far. Some positives are consistent work schedules (start times between 5 and 6 EVERY day, M-F), good equipment (mine is an assigned '08 Columbia and all trucks and trailers are leased from Ryder, so you know its maintained well), steady routes (I service basically the customers in the different daily areas I run), decent pay (starting rates .42 per mile and 4 tiered case rates that go up to .43, do the math, I made 300 bucks in 10 hours on Friday), and decent benefits (I'm eligible for them on May 1). Some negatives are outright favoritism in how the routes are set up - I'm the last one back almost everyday, while other guys are consistently done at noon on a daily basis. I understand that I'm the new guy, but its ridiculous that I bust my butt while other guys don't get certain stops because they complain or the customers don't like them. Also, it was explained in my interview that my Mondays and Thursdays would naturally be longer days (I drive at least 300 miles on Monday and 350 on Thursday), Wednesday was supposed to be a medium length day (250 miles or so, but light stops and cases), and Tuesdays and Fridays were to be "light to medium" days. My Tuesdays and Fridays lately have been killer long, less than 150 miles but over 12 hours (except for yesterday, of course). Another negative is the lack of pay for pre and post trip. I understand the pre trip part, but the post trip can take up to an hour if there are trucks ahead of you at the fuel island. You are responsible to strip the trailer and sort your returns, as well as unhooking the tractor. Sometimes it gets a little lengthy, in my opinion.

I hope this helps you out in making your decision. All in all I believe it's a good place to work, and it could be great with a few minor adjustments. I work in a small barn (less than 10 drivers), so it would be easy for anybody to figure out exactly who I am. So as you can see, I have nothing to hide so send me a private message if you want to know anything else.

Pflash,
Nice info, didn't leave anything out.
And about the long days on tuesday and friday, We will quit holding you. Sorry:LMAO:

And check your PM.

Pflash,
Nice info, didn't leave anything out.
And about the long days on tuesday and friday, We will quit holding you. Sorry:LMAO:

And check your PM.

Lol! If I could get you guys to move out of my way I'd be in good shape!!!!! Got the PM and replied..

You have a good weekend too TK, I knew someone would help you, I had no idea it would be a guy from PA...LOL, the armpit of America..wait, thats NJ, I'm totally joking PFlash and DoubleR!!

Steelers Rule!!!!!

I used to work out of the the same Ryder truck leasing yard as the Lipari Milwaukee guys worked out of.. They seemed pretty happy with their job. They used to be hourly, but they switched over to component pay. It worked out well for them because they mysteriously started getting done with their routes a lot faster LOL. As far as foodservice goes, Lipari is definetly easier than most... I know this because half of those guys are switched from reinhart fs and they all say the grass is greener on the lipari side...

I had a tough day today - 12 stops, 130 miles, 720 cases, 10 hours. The load was horrendous, lots of digging! But, I take the good with the bad. Only had 5 stops yesterday, 300 miles, and not many packages. Good money of both days, especially today! Looking forward to a light day tomorrow also, but who knows..Wednesdays are traditionally easy for me.

I had a tough day today - 12 stops, 130 miles, 720 cases, 10 hours. The load was horrendous, lots of digging! But, I take the good with the bad. Only had 5 stops yesterday, 300 miles, and not many packages. Good money of both days, especially today! Looking forward to a light day tomorrow also, but who knows..Wednesdays are traditionally easy for me.

I don't know what tomorrow holds, I'm working an out of town route I don't ever do, today was 17 stops 723 cases and 238 miles, 15 hrs and 20 min., thats Sysco for ya.

Wow, sounds like an interesting day!
I have been offered a route position with Lipari and I am hoping I made the right decision. I currently run a dedicated route delivering truck and trailer parts. I leave on Sunday and I am home by Thursday or Friday. I really enjoy the job I have now but with a 3 year old at home I would like to be home on a daily basis. I am hoping that the job with Lipari gives me the opportunity to enjoy some more hometime with the family. I have had local jobs before but I worked so many hours I was actually better off staying with my current job as a regional over the road driver.

I appreciate all the info and updates you guys have given me, this is a huge decision for me. I definatley want to make sure the move I make is long term and that I am doing the right thing

Wow, sounds like an interesting day!
I have been offered a route position with Lipari and I am hoping I made the right decision. I currently run a dedicated route delivering truck and trailer parts. I leave on Sunday and I am home by Thursday or Friday. I really enjoy the job I have now but with a 3 year old at home I would like to be home on a daily basis. I am hoping that the job with Lipari gives me the opportunity to enjoy some more hometime with the family. I have had local jobs before but I worked so many hours I was actually better off staying with my current job as a regional over the road driver.

I appreciate all the info and updates you guys have given me, this is a huge decision for me. I definatley want to make sure the move I make is long term and that I am doing the right thing

If Lipari in Michigan is anything like Lipari in Pittsburgh, you will enjoy your home time. I only worked 8 hours today, home by 14:00 and still made almost 200 bucks. Tomorrow will be killer long though...350 miles. Keep us posted on how it's going - don't be a stranger!