FedEx Freight | Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Kenworth T660

roogie, as always, tip o' the hat to you for the photo's. Quick question, the first KW T680 was R13160. The Kw in this photo is R14159. What are the trucks in between, and better yet, where are they? We're not seeing them in the peoples republik of Kalifornia, so we're just curious out here....

ST, big fan of your lens work....

Thanks ST. I can't take credit for R14159 though, they were sent to me anonymously.

Don Logan is getting a new T680 for his efforts as TDC National Grand Champion, no idea on the number yet. Should be pretty fancy from what I'm hearing including upgraded interior.

I know the R133xx-136xx trucks we're getting in KCY are T660s, some twin screw some single screw. All automatics. I bet we've got at least two dozen new trucks at our shop in the last 2-3 weeks.

roog

You already have 2 weiners?:LMAO:

I have two.

The original and the one issued by the company.

The latter is frequently inspected by SnapShot..and yes...it is purple.

The reason behind the purple color is because they (the company) are squeezing it too hard!!! :poster_oops:

Rat

Chicago Heights just distributed 26 New KW Twin Screws (Not Natural Gas Models) the Rail must be picking up again. It is close to the end of the year ya know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got to drive a freightline with it was pretty nice truck the freightliner boys said it would do 650 mile on a fill about 1.84$ a gal good power

got to drive a new freightliner with lng good power the freightliner boys said it would go about 650 miles on a fill About a buck.84 a gal for fuel 1.84 for fuel i can see fedex all over this

I hear that they have a reserve tank in the driver seat that is filled by the driver while going down the road. You can get up to an extra 100 miles with a bean burrito.

roogie, as always, tip o' the hat to you for the photo's. Quick question, the first KW T680 was R13160. The Kw in this photo is R14159. What are the trucks in between, and better yet, where are they? We're not seeing them in the peoples republik of Kalifornia, so we're just curious out here....

ST, big fan of your lens work....

Thanks ST,

I know the R132xx and R133xx numbers are Kenworth T660s, twin screws and automatics. I've seen some R136xx and R137xx single screw T660 automatics as well. We got a bunch of new KWs in but I've not done the inspections yet since it's been getting dark so early.

I know Flattop (Don L.) of Topeka the National TDC Grand Champion is getting a new T680 but I've not seen it arrive yet.

roog

These may be the ticket for a lot of ltl companies that do not have to worry about refueling locations between centers. Only problem is if natural gas ever catches on( not sure it will for many reasons) you know they will tax the hell out of it and it won't be cheap anymore. I would guess if it did become more main stream it won't be for years down the road so it probably is a good investment for FedEx.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2