Yellow | List time wages

Had a P&D guy got caught in an alley with his pants down and a hooker doing the work while he rested.
Cops called the company and asked if they would like to send another driver so thay did not have to tow.
Driver went to jail and was on his bid the next morning.
Never heard another word about it.
Driver was one of the favored ones.
"Favored ones' aka 'Untouchables'.

Had a P&D guy got caught in an alley with his pants down and a hooker doing the work while he rested.
Cops called the company and asked if they would like to send another driver so thay did not have to tow.
Driver went to jail and was on his bid the next morning.
Never heard another word about it.
Driver was one of the favored ones.
Apparently the hooker was capable of doing his work. And why not? Humping the freight was her first time, but only the freight part.

Are you referring to deregulation? Right-to-work?
Of course.
Deregulation.

When you operate under one set of rules....and then it totally changes....yes....deregulation.

You make a drastic change like that and they knew they'd be killing lots of companies.

You seem to think you have all of the answers about unions, tell us.
Since members were paying the union for job protections why isn't the teamster union securing the monies due?
Never said I had that answer, you made the assumption. ( we all know about making assumptions)
I suspect that if the union was getting paid to help members, perhaps SOB's time would have been better spent obtaining $$$ due to workers whose jobs he sacrificed, as opposed to trying to fight a US Senator at a Congressional Hearing?

They fell because the rules changed.

And they'd regain power if the rules changed again.
No they fell because they could not produce a profit in a free market. I a fixed market it was very easy.
Why couldn't those carriers change with the new market?
Jimmy Carter & Ted Kennedy promised US Families would see a $3,500 savings from trucking deregulation. Not sure how that was calculated.
The rules changes when the diesel locomotive was introduced, the microchip was invented and throughout millions of other industry upheavals.
Because these carriers continued to conduct business the same exact way after deregulation as they did prior, it was sheer stupidity on their and the teamsters union part. Hundreds of companies shut down and the union did nothing.
Very few businesses continue to conduct business the same way as they did prior to COVID..
Hence why many people call unions dinosaurs....

No they fell because they could not produce a profit in a free market. I a fixed market it was very easy.
Why couldn't those carriers change with the new market?
Jimmy Carter & Ted Kennedy promised US Families would see a $3,500 savings from trucking deregulation. Not sure how that was calculated.
The rules changes when the diesel locomotive was introduced, the microchip was invented and throughout millions of other industry upheavals.
Because these carriers continued to conduct business the same exact way after deregulation as they did prior, it was sheer stupidity on their and the teamsters union part. Hundreds of companies shut down and the union did nothing.
Very few businesses continue to conduct business the same way as they did prior to COVID..
Hence why many people call unions dinosaurs....
Just because some at the top taking and making money, exchanging money between each other, decided to do this. Doesn't make it right.
The free market is an illusion.
Nice utopian concept. But it doesn't exist.

The only consumer that matters in America is the one who consumes and owns the largest amount of stocks.

The rest of the story is bullshit

Of course.
Deregulation.

When you operate under one set of rules....and then it totally changes....yes....deregulation.

You make a drastic change like that and they knew they'd be killing lots of companies.
Agreed. I am not a fan of moving the goal posts during the game. However, I am even less of a fan of monopolies.

You don't have to be especially good at what you do when you don't have any competition.

You have made this statement before and I asked you to elaborate...how are non union carriers different since COVID?
Please elaborate how most (you said very few) businesses conduct business differently now.
Since you asked
WFH did not exist in 2019, today only 48% of NYC office building are occupied. Many non union carriers have WFH as a standard practice for back office operations
many have health/safety protocols that did not exist prior to COVID
Many Carrier Reps now have different programs to keep them working via online platforms instead of visiting terminals for files or even customers
Zoom/Teams meetings.....
if any business is doing things exactly the same as before COVID they are risking a lot...

Since you asked
WFH did not exist in 2019, today only 48% of NYC office building are occupied. Many non union carriers have WFH as a standard practice for back office operations
Many Carrier Reps now have different programs to keep them working via online platforms instead of visiting terminals for files or even customers
Zoom/Teams meetings.....
if any business is doing things exactly the same as before COVID they are risking a lot...
So there it is....speaking without knowing.... again.... now I don't know if ABF has any back office operations using WFH, but neither do you....also what in the world would the union have to do with that? They certainly don't care how non union personnel work....our sales representatives do far less visiting customers and more phone and zoom....so once again everything you just posted is bull ::shit:: you just made up....like most of your posts...

Since you asked
Zoom/Teams meetings.....
Puff, you make some good points, but in many other respects it's quite clear that you don't have the first clue whereof you speak. WFH has been going on for decades, albeit not to the extent that it does now. Reality was, many of Yellow's "back office" operations were being conducted remotely However, as you (should) know, P&D, Linehaul, OS&D and fleet maintenance can't do what they do remotely, and they are the lion's share of the operation.

Since members were paying the union for job protections why isn't the teamster union securing the monies due?
Never said I had that answer, you made the assumption. ( we all know about making assumptions)
I suspect that if the union was getting paid to help members, perhaps SOB's time would have been better spent obtaining $$$ due to workers whose jobs he sacrificed, as opposed to trying to fight a US Senator at a Congressional Hearing?
How do you know that the union is not doing anything to secure members money? I most certainly think they are, when a company goes under it can take years for members to recover money owed them. There is a process that bankruptcies must go through but you know that already. Every case is different some members will only receive pennies on the dollars they are owed and in some cases some may receive everything they were owed like I did from P.I.E. when they went out. I really don't have an opinion on SOB since I am retired but your Senator friend got a little froggy with him at a prior hearing and his pride must have gotten hurt so he decided to put on a little show for news media. I forgot the Senators name but he hates unions like you.

How do you know that the union is not doing anything to secure members money? I most certainly think they are, when a company goes under it can take years for members to recover money owed them. There is a process that bankruptcies must go through but you know that already. Every case is different some members will only receive pennies on the dollars they are owed and in some cases some may receive everything they were owed like I did from P.I.E. when they went out. I really don't have an opinion on SOB since I am retired but your Senator friend got a little froggy with him at a prior hearing and his pride must have gotten hurt so he decided to put on a little show for news media. I forgot the Senators name but he hates unions like you.
His name is Markwayne Mullin, (R)-Oklahoma He and SOB are actually soulmates. Both of them are seriously lacking in decorum, one in the Senate hearing room, the other on X (formerly Twitter)

His name is Markwayne Mullin, (R)-Oklahoma He and SOB are actually soulmates. Both of them are seriously lacking in decorum, one in the Senate hearing room, the other on X (formerly Twitter)
Thanks for the Senators name. I agree with you that they both lack decorum, but unfortunately that is the way people talk to each other in these times. No class in my opinion, but the Senator does hate unions just like the Representative of union haters on this board Mr. Puffy.

They say there's good and bad in everything and it'll be bad if or when the last union companies fall in LTL but it'll be GOOD watching all the union haters jobs go downhill too

I don't want all the union carriers to fail. One remaining will be good for all, too many isn't good for anybody. A rising tide and all...

How long was Hoffa jr president?
How many LTL companies did he organize, don’t include Overnite?
How many did he organize in the first 4 year?
How long was Jr. Hoffa president? Came to power by questionable means in 1997
How many LTL companies did he organize, don’t include Overnite? The rest of these are easy "ZERO"
How many did he organize in the first 4 year? He couldn't organize a bake sale
He was Dollar Bills flunky

Last edited: