FedEx Freight | Listen to the Anti Union Guys, PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
City Drivers no longer bid routes, thank you. Why are we not afforded that same luxury? ONLY start times and Vacations.

Wages? You conveniently left off Conway and Old Dominion who both make more than FXFE, in my area, and others.

Pension? We can go back and forth on the pros and cons of each. I prefer not to mix 401k figures with Pension figures. Our 401k seems fair and on par with most, and much appreciated. As far as our pension, at 65 (12 years away), after 35 years of continuous employment (about 20 in the plan), I can expect about $410/mo (in current dollars). Compared to similar situation at any Teamster represented carrier, there is NO comparison. Even if theirs is cut the maximum allowed by the new law, it's still double ours. That means 100% better, in case you don't have a calculator handy.
I never said city drivers bid routes in my post as at my barn has always been start times. I agree however that bidding routes would be a good improvement for city drivers. As far as mixing 401k and pension figures, because our total retirement includes both whereas the union companies are almost exclusively pension only, the only true comparison would be the total for both of ours. There are a lot of variables involved such as length of employment, contribution percentage put in the 401k, investment strategies such as aggressive vs. conservative etc. There is no reason for a Fedex employee to not have a good retirement if they are even moderately prudent. The union pensions are typically based on a 30 yr. tenure. Any of our people who have a 30 year 401k plus the pension should equal and in many cases surpass the shaky union pension. When the almost inevitable cuts to the union pensions occur our people will be head and shoulders above them with the combined might of the 401k and pension. I don't need a calculator to understand basic common sense. As to Conway and OD making more in your area, one consideration would be overtime. They don't get time and a half after 8 hours as we do. At Conway only after 50 hours, which they never get to according to their drivers that I have talked to and OD not at all. At the end of the year your W2 would be better.

I never said city drivers bid routes in my post as at my barn has always been start times. I agree however that bidding routes would be a good improvement for city drivers. As far as mixing 401k and pension figures, because our total retirement includes both whereas the union companies are almost exclusively pension only, the only true comparison would be the total for both of ours. There are a lot of variables involved such as length of employment, contribution percentage put in the 401k, investment strategies such as aggressive vs. conservative etc. There is no reason for a Fedex employee to not have a good retirement if they are even moderately prudent. The union pensions are typically based on a 30 yr. tenure. Any of our people who have a 30 year 401k plus the pension should equal and in many cases surpass the shaky union pension. When the almost inevitable cuts to the union pensions occur our people will be head and shoulders above them with the combined might of the 401k and pension. I don't need a calculator to understand basic common sense. As to Conway and OD making more in your area, one consideration would be overtime. They don't get time and a half after 8 hours as we do. At Conway only after 50 hours, which they never get to according to their drivers that I have talked to and OD not at all. At the end of the year your W2 would be better.

Gotta run, but real quick: Those Pensions that are in dire straights they are protected by the PBGF A non-profit corporation that functions under the jurisdiction of the Department of Labor and that guarantees the payment of certain pension benefits under defined-benefit plans that have been terminated with insufficient money to pay benefits, so they'll never loose everything, and still be better than mine.

I'll give (partially)you the overtime factor when comparing wages. You may be surprised to know that I have, in fact done the math. The break even point to make the same as Conway is 46.5 hours. Below that, they make more. Above that we do. Break even with OD? 45 hours. below, we make less. Over 45, we make more. Let's not forget that the GOAL at FedEx is always ZERO overtime.

We used to make more AND got OT. Now we need significant OT, just to come close to our competitors.

Done for now, have fun with those facts...:smilie93c peelout:

Lmao What are you smoking? There is no way our pension, 401k, and social security which probaly won't be around anyways will come even close to any of the union pensions. Take UPSF for example for 30 years you would bring home 3150 plus your 401k we won't even mention social security because its not guarnteed to be there. With what we got it would be around half of what they got. You mentioned the pay we are not even in the top 5 of Ltl's in my area.

Last edited:
Gotta run, but real quick: Those Pensions that are in dire straights they are protected by the PBGF A non-profit corporation that functions under the jurisdiction of the Department of Labor and that guarantees the payment of certain pension benefits under defined-benefit plans that have been terminated with insufficient money to pay benefits, so they'll never loose everything, and still be better than mine.

I'll give (partially)you the overtime factor when comparing wages. You may be surprised to know that I have, in fact done the math. The break even point to make the same as Conway is 46.5 hours. Below that, they make more. Above that we do. Break even with OD? 45 hours. below, we make less. Over 45, we make more. Let's not forget that the GOAL at FedEx is always ZERO overtime.

We used to make more AND got OT. Now we need significant OT, just to come close to our competitors.

Done for now, have fun with those facts...:smilie93c peelout:
That PBGC guarantee does not guarantee the entire montly amount, only 13,000 per year. Many of those guys would only get "One Third" of their expected monthly benefit. When was the last time you got ZERO OVERTIME? Just doesn't happen. Your math just doesn't add up on the hours worked comparison either. Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker just like the teamsters union drive. Come to think of it the teamsters in general are getting weaker.

Lmao What are you smoking? There is no way are pension, 401k, and social security which probaly won't be around anyways will come even close to any of the union pensions. Take UPSF for example for 30 years you would bring home 3150 plus your 401k we won't even mention social security because its not guarnteed to be there. With what we got it would be around half of what they got. You mentioned the pay we are not even in the top 5 of Ltl's in my area.
So what is the top rate of pay for the CRW terminal that you claim to be so disrespectful just curious.

That PBGC guarantee does not guarantee the entire montly amount, only 13,000 per year. Many of those guys would only get "One Third" of their expected monthly benefit. When was the last time you got ZERO OVERTIME? Just doesn't happen. Your math just doesn't add up on the hours worked comparison either. Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker just like the teamsters union drive. Come to think of it the teamsters in general are getting weaker.
OK Smart guy.
Pension
13k is between 2 & 3 times what I'll get.

Wage comparison:
FXFE: 46.5 hours @$23.68 =$1178.08 (including OverTime)

Conway: 46.5 hours @$25.48=$1184.82

What was it that didn't add up?

OK Smart guy.
Pension
13k is between 2 & 3 times what I'll get.

Wage comparison:
FXFE: 46.5 hours @$23.68 =$1178.08 (including OverTime)

Conway: 46.5 hours @$25.48=$1184.82

What was it that didn't add up?
When you work more than the 6.5 hrs OT you will surpass the Conway driver as he won't get OT until after 50 hours. Also they just got their raise. Your pay will increase again before theirs does. I still say at the end of the year the W2 will tell the truth. Are you seriously telling me that the "combined" amounts of your retirement won't surpass $13,000 per year. I think you need a new calculator.

When you work more than the 6.5 hrs OT you will surpass the Conway driver as he won't get OT until after 50 hours. Also they just got their raise. Your pay will increase again before theirs does. I still say at the end of the year the W2 will tell the truth. Are you seriously telling me that the "combined" amounts of your retirement won't surpass $13,000 per year. I think you need a new calculator.
Conway gets OT after 8 around here.

So I point out to everyone you are just a disgruntled employee that will never be happy with anything. If everyone will notice you never can answer a question straight up its either attacking the company or the poster.

I will answer anybodies question on here if your a driver which you are not good day. And to the other manager in this thread Purple Hammer you are wrong again Conway gets ot after 8 so they make way more than we do.

I will answer anybodies question on here if your a driver which you are not good day. And to the other manager in this thread Purple Hammer you are wrong again Conway gets ot after 8 so they make way more than we do.
There you go again opening that pie hole not all Conway terminals get ot after 8 some are after 50 come on I thought you were the truth monster. Seems you don't even know the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.