FedEx Freight | Lit Driver Fired For Accident In Nky

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone questioned why the patrol car was stopped in the travel portion of the road and not on the shoulder behind the disabled car. in my opinion this looks to be the cuase of it all. from what i can see it looks like fed ex was in the left lane and came up on the patrol car and had no where to go.

Hey nightowl, I believe the cop parked in the left lane to protect the initial accident which was against the wall. I must say before the fedex truck came into the picture, the other motorists appeared to be going much slower. I know you fxfe drivers like to run ch.4 a lot, if that driver was on ch. 19, he should of known about the initial crash. Because I'm sure everyone on ch. 19 was talking about it. I'm glad I work for a company that believes in shutting terminals down when the weather gets to bad and not to be forced out in it.

CHILDren's Channel--------------->

Hey nightowl, I believe the cop parked in the left lane to protect the initial accident which was against the wall. I must say before the fedex truck came into the picture, the other motorists appeared to be going much slower. I know you fxfe drivers like to run ch.4 a lot, if that driver was on ch. 19, he should of known about the initial crash. Because I'm sure everyone on ch. 19 was talking about it. I'm glad I work for a company that believes in shutting terminals down when the weather gets to bad and not to be forced out in it.

It may've been better for him to have been monitoring ch19 or listening to local news. Hind sight is always 20/20 though, correct. With the thought of listening to ch19 where ALL the CHILDREN go to PLAY on the CB and actually being able to get an ACCURATE answer would be like trying to the LIBERALS (MOST Democrats) to tell the truth and speak what they actually believe.

After reading some of the remarks in this thread.I wonder if some management personel is taking up for themselves ,and trying to turn drivers against each other :hide: LOL .

Can anyone that says they know and talk to this driver verify if he had a unreported ticket or not??

FM

This driver had 2 tickets in the last 6 years
both in his personal ride, both reported

The reason the cops' car was facing oncoming traffic---he stopped to help the Mercades that spun out, and another car hit the cop car and spun it around to face the traffic. The patrol car was also blocking about half of the center lane. That is what got our truck on film and the bad PR that went with it.

I speak the truth. The camera doesnt lie. That guy was driving at least 60 on ice. I never said i was Jesus. I wouldnt use his name in vain like that myself. i didnt assume anything. The driver was fired for a good reason. I am far from perfect.

how do you no how fast he was going.:butt kiss:

Very unfortunate situation, I hope that driver is able to get a job elsewhere. I worry EVERY time I go out in ice/snow that I DON'T let that one second of lack of attention get me in a wreck, it can happen to ANYONE!

Well the truth is the truth, and if a driver choose's to go in that kind of condition's he has to assume the responsibilty that comes with the risk, sad but true..one day most truckers will learn what safety really is...what it's about and the result when you ignor it. Sorry for the loss of the guys job, but we all can learn from this, you have the power to tell dispatch you feel unsafe and nobody, I mean nobody can make you go and risk a accident...stay safe, and becarful...

Well the truth is the truth, and if a driver choose's to go in that kind of condition's he has to assume the responsibilty that comes with the risk, sad but true..one day most truckers will learn what safety really is...what it's about and the result when you ignor it. Sorry for the loss of the guys job, but we all can learn from this, you have the power to tell dispatch you feel unsafe and nobody, I mean nobody can make you go and risk a accident...stay safe, and becarful...
If you'd go back and read all the posts, you'd see that that up until the time of the wreck, roads were wet. Not ice.
If you watch the entire video you'll see other vehicles driving by at pretty much the same speed the FedEx driver was "sliding" into the scene. There is spray coming off the wheels of the passing traffic.
What are we supposed to do?
Call in because it's raining?
The roads are wet?
It's too dark?
It's cloudy today?
Can't drive today. Might have to run my wipers.
The driver lost his job because of somebody else's carelessness. Nobody has even mentioned the fact that maybe his actions saved lives by not plowing into all the stalled cars in his lane with his tractor.
He lost his job because the liberal news media went for sensationalism and only showed part of the video. Instead of telling the entire story they showed another big rig terrorizing the innocent public on the highway.
As I've said before. I'd get a lawyer. If FedEx thinks the video was bad PR, just think what a wrongful termination suit will cause.

Oh because I was wondering what happened to you the other day FredEx.

Today local police found a man's body in a park nearby.
They describe him as having a Beer Belly, Saggy Balls, Wrinkly butt and a Small Wiener.

Let me know if you're OK.:hysterical:

Your Concerned Friend Smokestack

Oh because I was wondering what happened to you the other day FredEx.

Today local police found a man's body in a park nearby.
They describe him as having a Beer Belly, Saggy Balls, Wrinkly butt and a Small Wiener.

Let me know if you're OK.:hysterical:

Your Concerned Friend Smokestack
Hey now.....I resemble that remark.........

Status
Not open for further replies.