FedEx Freight | Lit Driver Fired For Accident In Nky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lane?

has anyone questioned why the patrol car was stopped in the travel portion of the road and not on the shoulder behind the disabled car. in my opinion this looks to be the cuase of it all. from what i can see it looks like fed ex was in the left lane and came up on the patrol car and had no where to go.
Clearly left lane but in four lanes.What was our driver doing up against the wall in four lanes.

You dodn't make sense?

has anyone questioned why the patrol car was stopped in the travel portion of the road and not on the shoulder behind the disabled car. in my opinion this looks to be the cuase of it all. from what i can see it looks like fed ex was in the left lane and came up on the patrol car and had no where to go.
Clearly, that patroll car had his lights on. When he showed up to the accident his siren was on. It wouldn't matter what lane he was you avoid the matter as I said before why was our driver in that lane to begin with?

After watching the video yet again, and pausing it several times as the FX truck was approaching it does appear he was in the fast lane and attempted to move over at the end causing the slide.

Maybe as others said he was on a different channel on the radio and didn't hear about an accident, who knows how far you could see this accident as you approached it, he may have thought the police car was on the shoulder and moved left to give him room only to find the left lanes were blocked.... who knows, it's obvious we don't and what's done is done.

I think this thing has been beat to death, the driver has lost his job and no one here can really say what happened or why, or what should have been done.

Hopefully he'll find another job where he's able to support his family.

As for those of us still here, we need to take heed, slow down or call off in bad weather, if running make sure your radio is on channel 19 to listen for accident reports or drivers talking about slick spots etc.

Take care out there, no one is looking out for you but yourself.

FM

if you look at the video again you can clearly see his head lights in the lane when he starts to loose controll. Now I have traveled in the lane to I am surely not perfect either. But any of us know d$%n well you busted in the lane the fine is gonna stick. And in his situation with what happened you could 50 yrs out here safe and you would be lucky to keep job.
Just for the heck of it, here is a clip of just the collision at 1/4 speed. It still looks to me like the truck and all the other traffic was moving DOWNHILL slightly toward the vehicles it hit at the bottom, which would explain an "increase" in speed, but it really is hard to judge "angle" because of all the lights and the grainy video.

"Right Click, Save Target"
One Quarter Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.