Little hero

sad indeed.

i'd place "some blame" on the trailer manufacturer for not having an exit (or 2) in the back of that trailer, but since i personally have never spent any time in a home trailer, I can't say for sure how they are set up for emergency escapes....anyone else know..???

Sounds like if it was a trailer home, there was QUITE a few people in it, multiple exits notwithstanding. Brave little fellow, but someone should have taught him not to go back into a fire. My kids know that if ever a fire was to break out in our house they are never, under any circumstances to go back inside.. ever.

Sounds like if it was a trailer home, there was QUITE a few people in it, multiple exits notwithstanding. Brave little fellow, but someone should have taught him not to go back into a fire. My kids know that if ever a fire was to break out in our house they are never, under any circumstances to go back inside.. ever.

yeah...but add a puppy or kitten into the equation,.........you know you can tell kids many things till you're blue in the face.....

hopefully, they will adhere to that advice.

sad indeed.

i'd place "some blame" on the trailer manufacturer for not having an exit (or 2) in the back of that trailer, but since i personally have never spent any time in a home trailer, I can't say for sure how they are set up for emergency escapes....anyone else know..???

The old single wide used to have 2 doors, one into the living room kitchen area, which was the main door and another back by the bedrooms, I know because I have lived in them, as for the double wide trailers that are popular today, I have no idea,

Very sad case indeed,

Such a tragic story. Surely the boy's soul will live on forever in Paradise.

I have lived in trailer houses too, GT.

The newer manufactured homes are pretty much like stick built homes. Two or more doors for ingress and egress, hallways, and windows.

The older trailer homes have thin walls, only about 2.5 inches thick. Safety was not really a design element back then, and they are usually finished inside with wood paneling, so if there is a fire, they go up quick.

Before we built our house Mrs. Racer and I lived in a single wide. I called it the "Shipping Container", it was 14 feet wide and about 80 feet long. There was the main door that opened into the front where the living room, dining and kitchen were, and a long, narrow passage down one side that went back to the bedrooms and bathroom. At the back, next to the entrance to the main bedroom was a door to the outside. The only time I ever opened it was when the new house was done and we moved our stuff into it. I laid some planks from the trailer to the porch on the new house (it was only a few feet away) and carried most everything across.

The thing about trailer houses is that they are flimsy. Sure it would probably be difficult for a small child, but an adult should be able to smash through the exterior walls pretty easy, even toss a small table or something through a window.