XPO | Little Stuff...

zsSkYig.jpg

pS75ayD.jpg

Someone mentioned Bradley Jacobs was doing well on the list of 2018 billionaires.

He's catching up to this man...

jrdW5Ex.jpg

6CnPPQG.jpg

But , Bradley Jacobs has a long way to go.
He's working on it though,he just needs to bring our compensation down a bit more

He's working on it though,he just needs to bring our compensation down a bit more
Hold on , doesn't FedEx Freight generally pay more an hour BUT work their drivers ( in the city ) less hours?

Due to lack of drivers , aren't drivers running more miles ( for vias ) at XPO? And more overtime pushed on city drivers to cover lack of drivers?

A little off topic , but I've heard of short run drivers stuck at FACs because other drivers take their dollies - short of equipment the short run drivers ( from foreign terminals ) are stuck until drivers return to their home terminal ( FAC )

Hold on , doesn't FedEx Freight generally pay more an hour BUT work their drivers ( in the city ) less hours?

Due to lack of drivers , aren't drivers running more miles ( for vias ) at XPO? And more overtime pushed on city drivers to cover lack of drivers?

A little off topic , but I've heard of short run drivers stuck at FACs because other drivers take their dollies - short of equipment the short run drivers ( from foreign terminals ) are stuck until drivers return to their home terminal ( FAC )
The local Fedex city driver I know works about 48 hours a week. Our city drivers have had their overtime cut back since the first of the year.

"The average age of commercial truck drivers is 55 and rising rapidly,” said Jon Gilbert of PLG Consulting. "The concern is that older, qualified truck drivers are retiring, and we are not getting adequate replacement drivers.”

- NBCnews.com

One company that seems to have found a solution, at least for itself, is UPS. Dan McMackin, public relations manager at UPS and a former truck driver himself, told NBC News that while the company does have to get creative during the Christmas season to bring in new workers, the company isn’t facing any general shortage of drivers.

“We have roughly 127,000 drivers , and about 20,000 of those are tractor/trailer,” McMackin said, adding that the majority of the drivers work in delivery. “About 12,000 or so are over the road, but most just go out in one day for around five hours and then return that distance. This makes it a very unique and attractive job offering because you don’t have to sleep in a truck cab or berth or eat at truck stops. We're one of the largest users of rail in America, so any ground shipments going beyond about two states away from origin go on the rails.”

Though UPS does recruit outside the company, most of its drivers come from the UPS pipeline and, like McMackin, have held other internal positions before they work up to being a driver, where the perks are cushy. “They get a better package than I do: full pension, full healthcare, and a 401(k) that the company matches.”

-Why millennials should start considering truck driving
From NBCnews.com

This is the plan from the start. Cut and gut. Slash and cash. Run this mess into the dirt.

"The average age of commercial truck drivers is 55 and rising rapidly,” said Jon Gilbert of PLG Consulting. "The concern is that older, qualified truck drivers are retiring, and we are not getting adequate replacement drivers.”

- NBCnews.com

One company that seems to have found a solution, at least for itself, is UPS. Dan McMackin, public relations manager at UPS and a former truck driver himself, told NBC News that while the company does have to get creative during the Christmas season to bring in new workers, the company isn’t facing any general shortage of drivers.

“We have roughly 127,000 drivers , and about 20,000 of those are tractor/trailer,” McMackin said, adding that the majority of the drivers work in delivery. “About 12,000 or so are over the road, but most just go out in one day for around five hours and then return that distance. This makes it a very unique and attractive job offering because you don’t have to sleep in a truck cab or berth or eat at truck stops. We're one of the largest users of rail in America, so any ground shipments going beyond about two states away from origin go on the rails.”

Though UPS does recruit outside the company, most of its drivers come from the UPS pipeline and, like McMackin, have held other internal positions before they work up to being a driver, where the perks are cushy. “They get a better package than I do: full pension, full healthcare, and a 401(k) that the company matches.”

-Why millennials should start considering truck driving
From NBCnews.com

Jacobs can't hear ::shit:: like this. It's against his religion.

What makes them hard to replace is that the stop screw on the bottom of the track gets all f--ed up and you can't get the screw out. They just need to not put those in and have bar in stock with the feet on them and then in only a few mins to replace. I bar I have replaced I don't put those stop screws back in just makes it easier the next time

Ours in our trailers at OD don’t have the stops in them at all. If a bar gets dicked up you just slide it out and slide a new one in. Bob’s your uncle. Haven’t heard of anyone complaining about bars coming out and bashing dock workers on the head either.

Where does some of that $900 million - $1 billion every two years go? Well , according to Bradley Jacobs...

Jacobs is known for thinking big when it comes to technology — XPO is using drones, for example, to help manage warehouse inventory and warehouse robots to move goods. Advanced robotics is the first of four technology spending priorities at XPO, he said. But XPO is also thinking "small," as small as the LTL pallet.

“We’re developing new state-of-the-art analytics to capture data by pallet,” he said. “We can analyze thousands of data points to arrive at optimal work loads for LTL dock workers and drivers. That eliminates waste, and these are self-learning programs, so they get better.”

If robotics is the first “basket” for technology spending at XPO, the second is big data. The company has more than 100 full-time data scientists, Jacob said. XPO is increasingly using machine learning, also known as artificial intelligence, to build better supply chain models. Visibility and customer service are the third basket, relying heavily on data management.

JOC.com

You can't turn anywhere without hearing or reading how well XPO Logistics is doing.
HPcOLbe.jpg

GsJzAS1.jpg

wxirtU9.jpg

OIJEfFm.jpg

5mvng4V.jpg

The LTL business boosted revenue 3.6 percent to $875.6 million in the quarter, or $754.7 million excluding fuel surcharges. LTL operating profit, however, leaped 44.4 percent to $79 million, and the carrier’s adjusted operating ratio dropped 60 basis points to 89.9 percent. Yield, excluding fuel surcharges, rose 2.6 percent, and pricing rose more than 5 percent, Jacobs said.

JOC.com

If the numbers are REAL and the praise from the analysts and investment community is REAL , I wonder will a raise be REAL?

You can't turn anywhere without hearing or reading how well XPO Logistics is doing.

The LTL business boosted revenue 3.6 percent to $875.6 million in the quarter, or $754.7 million excluding fuel surcharges. LTL operating profit, however, leaped 44.4 percent to $79 million, and the carrier’s adjusted operating ratio dropped 60 basis points to 89.9 percent. Yield, excluding fuel surcharges, rose 2.6 percent, and pricing rose more than 5 percent, Jacobs said.

JOC.com

If the numbers are REAL and the praise from the analysts and investment community is REAL , I wonder will a raise be REAL?

Not without a catch. They will give us something. And it will cost us way more than whatever it ends up being.

I will say true. Have see it and lived it. When I run a short FAC I don't rush to leave my barn to get there. I also told the FOM that if there is no dolly for me when my loads are done then I'm leaving with just one trailer and it's his problem how the other ones getting there.

I will say true. Have see it and lived it. When I run a short FAC I don't rush to leave my barn to get there. I also told the FOM that if there is no dolly for me when my loads are done then I'm leaving with just one trailer and it's his problem how the other ones getting there.
Heard an FOS threaten to put a driver out of service for padlocking his dolly and not giving it to another driver. He did not remove the lock and stood his ground. As far as I know , he didn't get put out of service.

Bradley Jacob's often talks about XPO being a top tier company. How in the world is this something that happens at a top tier company.

The sad part is that there are plenty of dollies sitting somewhere , waiting to be used. Oh yeah , where are the new dollies that were promised last year?

Last edited:
Heard an FOS threaten to put a driver out of service for padlocking his dolly and not giving it to another driver. He did not remove the lock and stood his ground. As far as I know , he didn't get put out of service.

Bradley Jacob's often talks about XPO being a top tier company. How in the world is this something that happens at a top tier company.

The sad part is that there are plenty of dollies sitting somewhere , waiting to be used. Oh yeah , where are the new dollies that were promised last year?
WOW put me O/S well don't do me any favors. I can't wait to see them wake up my TM to have to come pick me up.

The equipment is getting really said. At my barn we always had one more dolly then LH drivers. The some bean counter said we didn't need it. Now when a dolly goes O/S then the bottom driver takes only one trailer. The FOS said he'll just info LH and it there problem.

I seen pics of the new dolly they are in the system just not in my area yet. They are pretty much the same we have now just no spare tire and look a lot lighter.

Here some Pics. If the number system holds true then we know there is atleast 227 of these dollies around

tF9YyOA.jpg

PMmqGvk.jpg

Last edited:
WOW put me O/S well don't do me any favors. I can't wait to see them wake up my TM to have to come pick me up.

The equipment is getting really said. At my barn we always had one more dolly then LH drivers. The some bean counter said we didn't need it. Now when a dolly goes O/S then the bottom driver takes only one trailer. The FOS said he'll just info LH and it there problem.

I seen pics of the new dolly they are in the system just not in my area yet. They are pretty much the same we have now just no spare tire and look a lot lighter.
No offense to you , but a picture cannot pull freight. Drivers need dollies.

I feel like Sally Struthers asking for a dollar a day to feed a starving child. Just one dollar , I mean dolly.
My fault , it was $.70 a day.

Last edited: