XPO | Little Stuff...

No offense to you , but a picture cannot pull freight. Drivers need dollies.

I feel like Sally Struthers asking for a dollar a day to feed a starving child. Just one dollar , I mean dolly.
I believe the pics are in some barns yard. In the second pic you see a bunch of old dollies in the back round

Here some Pics. If the number system holds true then we know there is atleast 227 of these dollies around

tF9YyOA.jpg

PMmqGvk.jpg
I have never seen one of these dollies in XCA XCN XHC XPK NCH NHN NWN XCO XPB XUR NRO! WHERE ARE THEY HIDING?

I have never seen one of these dollies in XCA XCN XHC XPK NCH NHN NWN XCO XPB XUR NRO! WHERE ARE THEY HIDING?
Well we have over 200 barns so I guess you better get looking then. The pics were posted on the Xpo worker bees Facebook page

XPO Logistics is bleeding drivers. (At least from my vantage point) If XPO would like to save some money , they have to spend some. ( it costs thousands of dollars when a driver quits/fired/retired and a new one has to be hired trained and brought up to speed )

Like the old saying goes , " You have to spend money to make money."

In XPO'S case ( and likely likely other LTL companies as well ) upper management will have to stop fighting it and pay more. With 55 years old being the average age of CDL drivers and autonomous ( self driving ) tractors being years away from being able to fill the gap...drivers have the upper hand. They simply need to wake up and realize their value.

Imagine if truck drivers didn't unionize ( no offense to the union drivers and workers ) but voted as a block for their own interests? If they forced laws to be put in place that were beneficial to a driver?

Perhaps making Commercial Driving a skilled trade. Making the age for being able to retire for Commercial Drivers lower because of the demands driving places on a person physically and mentally. Allow minimum wage and overtime laws to apply to Commercial Driving ( and related jobs ) as it does to most other lines of work. (Simple goals that would seem to benefit all in the Commercial Driving profession)

For years I've thought ( or hoped ) that a mixture of capitalism , government regulation , and unionism would push trucking toward better wages and working environments. It simply is not happening ( even though the upper management of these companies KNOWS that this is what's need to rekindle interest in professional driving )

Trying to get two drivers to do the same thing is hell , a majority of drivers doing something about the current situation seems almost impossible.

Lawmaker introduces bill to fix Hours of Service

The REST Act would allow drivers to take one rest break per shift, for up to three consecutive hours. The single off-duty period would not be counted toward the driver’s 14-hour, on-duty allowance and would not extent the total, allowable drive limits … The REST Act requires the Department of Transportation to update Hours of Service regulations to allow a rest break once per 14-hour duty period for up to 3 consecutive hours as long as the driver is off-duty, effectively pausing the 14-hour clock. However, drivers would still need to log ten consecutive hours off duty before the start of their next work shift. It would also eliminate the existing 30-minute rest break requirement.

www.cdllife.com

I saw one in Newark NJ this week. The driver that had it said it(the dolly) was pulled out of service. They all were. Some kind of design issue. Could it be that the front half is held to the back half with seven bolts? No welds.

I saw one in Newark NJ this week. The driver that had it said it(the dolly) was pulled out of service. They all were. Some kind of design issue. Could it be that the front half is held to the back half with seven bolts? No welds.
Can anyone say where these are made? I believe XPO shop workers have to put them together ( at least that's what I've heard )

One of the shop mechanics say they have to put them out of service because they are snapping in half by the front area were the 7 bolts are design flaw

He's a pupet under a ton of restraints while the flim flam man sells his stock. Another powerless victim to some extent.

Everybody has a boss. Even Jacobs is working for some one. He is doing all of this with the intention of being well compensated.