XPO | Little things that **** me off

doppler

TB Regular
Credits
Fellow drivers that have Zero respect for the next guy down the line.
Here’s a few examples.

1. Dropping your equipment in front of another’s space. Never looking at the situation and thinking how would I could make it easier or out of the way of another driver. You P.O.S.

2. Leaving trailer crank out so someone can run into it. You lazy P.O.S.

3. Running over or leaving the chock block on the ground. You lazy P.O.S.

4. Dragging landing gear and damaging the crank gears. You lazy P.O.S.

5. Throwing your trash on the ground. You lazy P.O.S.

6. Dragging a hooked trailer 10 ft because you’re to damn lazy to see if it’s hooked. You lazy P.O.S.

7. Taking a bath in the sink then throwing your paper towels on the ground. You lazy P.O.S.

8. Dropping a trailer to low. Save me with your B-S reasons. You lazy P.O.S.

9. Farting in the drivers seat all shift long.......oh wait scratch that one. You stinky P.O.S.

I’m waiting for your brilliant responses. Please don’t disappoint.

Here’s a few examples.

1. Dropping your equipment in front of another’s space. Never looking at the situation and thinking how would I could make it easier or out of the way of another driver. You P.O.S.

6. Dragging a hooked trailer 10 ft because you’re to damn lazy to see if it’s hooked. You lazy P.O.S.

7. Taking a bath in the sink then throwing your paper towels on the ground. You lazy P.O.S.

9. Farting in the drivers seat all shift long.......oh wait scratch that one. You stinky P.O.S.

Here’s a few examples.

Leaving the cranks out and droping to high are my pet peeves. Both are examples of extreme laziness and both are at my barn. Deal with them daily.

When dropping a trailer was an automatic termination you better believe I dragged those things half way around the building, and we have a relatively large building.

Loaders not placarding is one of my big pet peeves.
See #6

Here’s a few examples.

BqVIiV4.jpg

Love it

When dropping a trailer was an automatic termination you better believe I dragged those things half way around the building, and we have a relatively large buil.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. You call it lazy, I call it protecting my livelihood. I'd drag those tires square if I felt it necessary to avoid such a draconian punishment.

A trailer mechanic at our shop asked me why the hell we kept dragging trailers. The shop supervisor leaned over and said, "Because they fire driver who drop trailers, not for flat spots on tires."

Damn right it got dragged.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. You call it lazy, I call it protecting my livelihood. I'd drag those tires square if I felt it necessary to avoid such a draconian punishment.

A trailer mechanic at our shop asked me why the hell we kept dragging trailers. The shop supervisor leaned over and said, "Because they fire driver who drop trailers, not for flat spots on tires."

Damn right it got dragged.
Maybe if the shops would maintain the fifth wheels, we would trust the hook more.

Working the dock and some lazy P.O.S. parks the forklift directly in front of the trailer so as to block the entire aisle. And then wanders off and starts a conversation. And then gets all exasperated when you tell them to move it and that they know better.

Working the inbound dock and some lazy P.O.S. leaves plywood and deck boards everywhere in the aisle or out on the dock where the freight goes. And just junks up the dock. Either leave it in the trailer against the wall and then run it out when you are done. Or stack it up between the doors so other people can add to the stack and then when you are done with your breaker you will be able to run a significant pile to the rack. People are lazy !

Ever see a shipment of two skids and two pros on it ? They give you eight of those things. Use them all. You can't save them or use the rest on another pick up. If the skids are short, the kind of short where they are gonna be on a deck. Maybe put stickers on the sides and the top. If they are tall skids that are gonna be run in four way, maybe put stickers on the sides. Maybe look at the freight and think where you would want the pro to be if you were working that freight and needed to scan it. What would make it better or easier for you to handle that shipment ?

In my 25+ yrs of driving I have never worked for a company that had this big of a problem with dropped trailers. If you drop a trailer one of two things were the cause. 1. mechanical failure of the locking jaws, or 2. the biggest reason, YOU failed to pre-trip you equipment, or getting you fat ass down and looking. I hook my kite and dragged it out of the door and when I went to look at the jaws I saw they didn't close all the way but enough to drag the trailer. So just relying on a trailer drag is setting you up for failure .

Working the inbound dock and some lazy P.O.S. leaves plywood and deck boards everywhere in the aisle or out on the dock where the freight goes. And just junks up the dock. Either leave it in the trailer against the wall and then run it out when you are done. Or stack it up between the doors so other people can add to the stack and then when you are done with your breaker you will be able to run a significant pile to the rack. People are lazy !
How about putting freight on top of dunnage. Especially when dunnage is hard to come by.

Here’s a few examples.

This is a great post.
10. Failing to do a pretrip inspection or even walking you fat lazy ass around you trailers. I love this one I have stopped saying any thing to anyone about there equipment. You could have 2 flats and no light and I sit there and let you leave because you just proved to all of use you are a lazy POS

11. The lazy asses that put the gasket in backward on the glad hands making it harder to hook the line up.

This is a great post.
10. Failing to do a pretrip inspection or even walking you fat lazy ass around you trailers. I love this one I have stopped saying any thing to anyone about there equipment. You could have 2 flats and no light and I sit there and let you leave because you just proved to all of use you are a lazy POS

11. The lazy asses that put the gasket in backward on the glad hands making it harder to hook the line up.
11. Which way is the “right way”? I had always put the larger diameter part of the seal into the glad hand. Then I read that was the “wrong way” and started putting the smaller side in. There was a whole debate about it.

Loaders not placarding is one of my big pet peeves.

I had fun with this one. My job is to check to make sure the trailer is placarded correctly not to put them on, unless I loaded the freight. One night my OB FOS hand me my loads and when I went out to hook my lead I saw there were no placards on it. I went back inside and told Him the trailer was O/S. When he ask why I told him there were no placards and also said I did not load it nor did I close the load and my job was just to check to make sure the right placards were on it.

11. Which way is the “right way”? I had always put the larger diameter part of the seal into the glad hand. Then I read that was the “wrong way” and started putting the smaller side in. There was a whole debate about it.
The larger side goes into the glad hand. Just take a new one apart and you will see. Here a video