XPO | Little things that **** me off

I don’t even get pissed anymore. I just chuckle, shake my head and move on.

Hostlers or drivers that jam the chalk up under the tire when they drop the trailer, making damn near impossible to remove it.

Speaking of dropping trailers, people not lowering their landing gear enough.

The general laziness and inconsiderate people that I see at some FAC locations. Parking in the middle of an aisle, or stop and talk to someone leaving zero room to get around. I will laugh at people I see obviously going out of their way to avoid breaking freight but they have their hands all over a good fork lift not doing anything. Constantly look at hand held. “Welp just checked my pros remaining to load, nothing has changed, better check it again!” Never mind the fact that it’s 3am and we still have 20 breakers left. Sec boss doesnt seem to care so why should I? I could go on but I’ll stop here.

I had fun with this one. My job is to check to make sure the trailer is placarded correctly not to put them on, unless I loaded the freight. One night my OB FOS hand me my loads and when I went out to hook my lead I saw there were no placards on it. I went back inside and told Him the trailer was O/S. When he ask why I told him there were no placards and also said I did not load it nor did I close the load and my job was just to check to make sure the right placards were on it.
I hope you dispatched on time !

I hope you dispatched on time !
put time code 153 origin breakdown on my pay sheet and waited in the breakroom for it to be fixed. I don't remember if I did dispatch on time and I didn't really care.
I use to come in early but have since stop that. I don't care about dispatch time at all. Many time I have been in to dispatch on time and seeing 4 to 5 forklifts parked. Then handed my bill 5mins before my dispatch time. Well guess what Lack of planning on their part does not constitute an emergence on my part

put time code 153 origin breakdown on my pay sheet and waited in the breakroom for it to be fixed. I don't remember if I did dispatch on time and I didn't really care.
I use to come in early but have since stop that. I don't care about dispatch time at all. Many time I have been in to dispatch on time and seeing 4 to 5 forklifts parked. Then handed my bill 5mins before my dispatch time. Well guess what Lack of planning on their part does not constitute an emergence on my part
I was being sarcastic, which I hope you got! I use your “lack of planning” quote all the time. I love that one and feel the same way! I do dispatch before going to the shop with an issue. In the case of switching equipment from my original dispatch, I let the supervisor handle that. That is how they want it done at my place. I’m getting paid regardless.

There’s so much nonsense going on, you can’t worry about any of it really. You will make yourself nuts. I don’t care about cut time, pounds per hour, cube, any of it. If you guys knew of the 10’s of thousands of dollars we get fined at the border with every month, your head would explode. I don’t care. Just laugh.

Fellow drivers that have Zero respect for the next guy down the line.
Here’s a few examples.

1. Dropping your equipment in front of another’s space. Never looking at the situation and thinking how would I could make it easier or out of the way of another driver. You P.O.S.

2. Leaving trailer crank out so someone can run into it. You lazy P.O.S.

3. Running over or leaving the chock block on the ground. You lazy P.O.S.

4. Dragging landing gear and damaging the crank gears. You lazy P.O.S.

5. Throwing your trash on the ground. You lazy P.O.S.

6. Dragging a hooked trailer 10 ft because you’re to damn lazy to see if it’s hooked. You lazy P.O.S.

7. Taking a bath in the sink then throwing your paper towels on the ground. You lazy P.O.S.

8. Dropping a trailer to low. Save me with your B-S reasons. You lazy P.O.S.

9. Farting in the drivers seat all shift long.......oh wait scratch that one. You stinky P.O.S.

I’m waiting for your brilliant responses. Please don’t disappoint.
Dock engineered standards... has anybody else out there in xpo LTL land been given a briefing on how corporate is going to send teams to six’s throughout the company to try and improve dock and p&d efficiency? I hate this kinds of things. Con-Way tried all this stuff years ago to no avail. What a waste of effort

There’s so much nonsense going on, you can’t worry about any of it really. You will make yourself nuts. I don’t care about cut time, pounds per hour, cube, any of it.

Fos: We need more freight delivered by noon!

Me: give me an earlier start time.

Fos: we need more freight back by 5!

Me: ok, dispatch me back by 4:15. Don't send me 5 pickups at 4:30.

Stops per hour, or whatever other metric they use can eat it.

None if this stuff is my problem as far as I'm concerned. I don't goof off, I hustle. But I'm not going to speed or be unsafe or do undue amounts of work (shuffling ten pallets with a pellet jack because it was loaded wrong, for example) to get one more delivery by noon.

Dock engineered standards... has anybody else out there in xpo LTL land been given a briefing on how corporate is going to send teams to six’s throughout the company to try and improve dock and p&d efficiency? I hate this kinds of things. Con-Way tried all this stuff years ago to no avail. What a waste of effort
I call it the flavor of the day. I’m sure some improvements can be made to efficiencies, but to devote a team, pay them, travel expenses etc. No, I think a fresh set of eyes or how about this, ask a driver! What a novel concept. Never happen so I just say “whatever you want”!

I was being sarcastic, which I hope you got! I use your “lack of planning” quote all the time. I love that one and feel the same way! I do dispatch before going to the shop with an issue. In the case of switching equipment from my original dispatch, I let the supervisor handle that. That is how they want it done at my place. I’m getting paid regardless.
Don't have a shop at our barn so its a 2hr min waiting on raod service

I call it the flavor of the day. I’m sure some improvements can be made to efficiencies, but to devote a team, pay them, travel expenses etc. No, I think a fresh set of eyes or how about this, ask a driver! What a novel concept. Never happen so I just say “whatever you want”!
Were have we heard this before....... Oh yes it was called LEAN back in the day but all they did was put boxed around the stapler, mouse, and other things

yLGqiid.jpg

Had to mention lean.... didn’t you!

Were have we heard this before....... Oh yes it was called LEAN back in the day but all they did was put boxed around the stapler, mouse, and other things

Fellow drivers that have Zero respect for the next guy down the line.
Here’s a few examples.

1. Dropping your equipment in front of another’s space. Never looking at the situation and thinking how would I could make it easier or out of the way of another driver. You P.O.S.

2. Leaving trailer crank out so someone can run into it. You lazy P.O.S.

3. Running over or leaving the chock block on the ground. You lazy P.O.S.

4. Dragging landing gear and damaging the crank gears. You lazy P.O.S.

5. Throwing your trash on the ground. You lazy P.O.S.

6. Dragging a hooked trailer 10 ft because you’re to damn lazy to see if it’s hooked. You lazy P.O.S.

7. Taking a bath in the sink then throwing your paper towels on the ground. You lazy P.O.S.

8. Dropping a trailer to low. Save me with your B-S reasons. You lazy P.O.S.

9. Farting in the drivers seat all shift long.......oh wait scratch that one. You stinky P.O.S.

I’m waiting for your brilliant responses. Please don’t disappoint.
Corporate incompetency ... I got hurt at work last winter and went on Workmen’s Comp. I was only out for about a month and went back full-time unrestricted at the end of March. My wife and I have been dealing with people soft , HR, etc to get them to get my suspended benefits straightened out. As of this Posting everything is still messed up. For example: I have NOT accrued one hour of PTO time since I went back to work. Incompetentcy is not tolerated by management when I perform my job... sooooooo why can’t this standard be reciprocal on their part concerning restoring my benefits in a timely manner?

Corporate incompetency ... I got hurt at work last winter and went on Workmen’s Comp. I was only out for about a month and went back full-time unrestricted at the end of March. My wife and I have been dealing with people soft , HR, etc to get them to get my suspended benefits straightened out. As of this Posting everything is still messed up. For example: I have NOT accrued one hour of PTO time since I went back to work. Incompetentcy is not tolerated by management when I perform my job... sooooooo why can’t this standard be reciprocal on their part concerning restoring my benefits in a timely manner?
Well who in HR are you talking to? You need to go higher up the chain. This company has this little thing call "An Open Door Policy" I would tell my local HR rep I want to talk via the open door policy to the VP of HR. If you go to the portal there all listed there. You do not have to tell them why, even though they will ask.
I had a problem with people services. I call my local HR to do start the open door policy and to my luck the VP was sitting in her office. I ask him what would happen if I didn't turn in a copy of my renewed CDL or my renewed physical card? He said you would be able to work. I told him you hold me to a high standard so I hold the company to the same. I also informed of the BS e-mails and other problem I have had with people services. Stop dealing for the low HR people and start call the corp office, all there phone number and emails are listed on the company portal. I work LH and I DO NOT call people service or HR on MY time I an always on the clock code 200 if your in the city that P&D run can wait. Stop being nice about get pissed. You want to see eyes light up tell them you want to talk to Tom Clark or Tony Brooks via the open door policy. You need to call these people everyday and twice on SAT. I would start at the local HR and call up the chain every day to include you district VP and his boss and your on the clock when you do it.
If you can fine the list PM me and tell what barn you are out of and I'll give you names, phone numbers, and e-mail address. I know UPNORTH wont let me post it on here.