Livingston TX.FedEx vs Drunk

Thank you for your crash post Hiballin.
Very good photo coverage of the crash scene.
That young girl that was the cause didn't look like she was very sorry?
Maybe after she sobers up and finds out what this crash is going to cost her,and her insurance company.
I'm sure she will have regrets of her poor choices.

When will people EVER learn? If You're gonna drink thats fine but please dont get behind the wheel. That young lady will learn a valuable lesson out of this im sure and will probably never drink and drive again she's awfully lucky.

Very thorough reporting. I hope she does realize how lucky she is and the effect her actions had on innocent people. How about that shirt she has on: Sam Houston State University - College of Criminal Justice
nqy8ol.jpg

[quote author=Apostolic link=topic=82100.msg847605#msg847605 date=1279331300]
Thank you for your crash post Hiballin.
Very good photo coverage of the crash scene.
That young girl that was the cause didn't look like she was very sorry?
Maybe after she sobers up and finds out what this crash is going to cost her,and her insurance company.
I'm sure she will have regrets of her poor choices.
[/quote]
Yes that was great coverage and photos.The Cleveland paper here does a lousy job.They get their photos and news of wrecks from Fire Dept.But that Polk County paper must have some hot shot reporters.And it seems they hate Drunks too.Bet she does not have enough insurance to cover this wreck.I just hope she had some.

The container hauler was an O/O for sure and FedEx will be responsible for his truck. If she was not a citizen, she was back across the border within hours of her release. If she is a citizen and she has no insurance, will she pull time to pay for all of the damage caused, the bodily injury caused and the haz-mat clean up? This was a bad one and luckily nobody was seriously hurt. I heard about this one soon after it happened.

[quote author=LTL Lifer link=topic=82100.msg847781#msg847781 date=1279383592]
The container hauler was an O/O for sure and FedEx will be responsible for his truck. If she was not a citizen, she was back across the border within hours of her release. If she is a citizen and she has no insurance, will she pull time to pay for all of the damage caused, the bodily injury caused and the haz-mat clean up? This was a bad one and luckily nobody was seriously hurt. I heard about this one soon after it happened.
[/quote]
That is possable.But I'll try to stay on top of it if the paper has more on it.Let you all know of updates.

[quote author=TrailerTruckin link=topic=82100.msg847649#msg847649 date=1279339015]
When will people EVER learn? If You're gonna drink thats fine but please dont get behind the wheel. That young lady will learn a valuable lesson out of this im sure and will probably never drink and drive again she's awfully lucky.
[/quote]
I'm glad you're sure. I'm not. The drunk driver (uninsured) who maimed (brain-injured) my brother did no significant jail time and went on to get a few more DUIs, (with or without a license). Most of them really just don't give a ::shit::. I hope TX is harder on them than NC is, here it's a slap on the wrist and right back at it.

[quote author=NowIAreOne link=topic=82100.msg849313#msg849313 date=1279669130]
I'm glad you're sure. I'm not. The drunk driver (uninsured) who maimed (brain-injured) my brother did no significant jail time and went on to get a few more DUIs, (with or without a license). Most of them really just don't give a ::shit::. I hope TX is harder on them than NC is, here it's a slap on the wrist and right back at it.
[/quote]
Same thing in Texas.
http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6303861-suspect-in-fatal-irving-crash-has-prior-dwi-now-intoxication-manslaughter

[quote author=NowIAreOne link=topic=82100.msg849313#msg849313 date=1279669130]
[/quote]
Well some Judges around here will buy the a six pack to go.Houston had one hit and run.Just his 7Th DUI I think half involving a wreck.Still had license,insurance and a new SUV.It's like any other State get a great Lawyer and your free.

Stupid drunk drivers. Fed Ex driver gets hurt trying not to kill her dumb ass. Now he will loose pay and be out of work on workmans comp. at least he wont have to pay for the truck it is a Fed Ex Freight truck which is company owned. But knowing our safety department they will still call it a preventable.