XPO | Lla *****s out.

You can not tell these Union folks nothing they wont listen Con~way would sooner shut the place down and start over as to kneel to the Union they are not going to play ball but they think the rst of us are wrong so let them find out when the chains are on the front gates and they have ruined it for all of us !!

They can't just shut it down. Con way is no longer the little regional carrier that many of us started at. We are the third largest LTL carrier in North America. We have many stock holders to answer to. They don't have the old "we'll just chain the gates and shut her down" card in there back pocket.

The America dream is alive and well....It took a hit with Obama but he's on his way out....It truly baffles my mind that you guys think you can unionize Conway...Wake up from this fantasy you guys are in.....It will never happen. THEY WON'T LET IT.....I think it would be a good thing for Conway but they have more money and power than the Teamsters....I'm not anti-union.....I'm only trying to make you understand their attorneys will drag this out for years just like Overnite.....Why can't you guys get this.....I wish the Teamsters had the leverage like in the good old days....But here in 2014 it will never happen....Again let me say....I think it would be good for Conway...But the Conway attorneys will drag this out for years if they have to....And in the end there will be no contract....Mark my words.....It's all about money and the best attorneys.....Conway has them....Look at OJ as a prime example....Everyone knows he did it.....But money and good attorneys got him off....It will be no different here.

This comment that "they will never let it happen" is very odd to me. The Company makes money, right? They will continue to make money, right? It may not be as much but they will. The statement that "they won't let it happen" makes me wonder. Who is they? Conway? Well, to be honest if the workers are willing to fight, they can have just about anything, as long as the Company continues to make money. Conway does not have the choice here, except on whether to stay open or close it. They will stay open so there really is no choice. The choice is with the workers. Will they fight or give in to corporate greed? I hope they fight. If they fight and are strong in solidarity, they will win. Some of the views on here is exactly what is wrong with America, today. They say things like, Nothing is worth fighting for. Let someone else do the heavy lifting. Why take a risk? Blah Blah Blah. If the people who've come before us took these types of positions where would we be today? Thankfully they had the guts to stand up against the likes of Henry Ford. Now you can ask yourself, "when I'm gone do I want to leave it better than when I stated or worse"? It makes me think about the people who sacrificed during war time. I thank those who have given their life for my freedom fairly regularly. They made America what it is today just like those in Labor have done for the working man. I fully believe in everything coming full circle. I always knew the labor movement would come full circle and if it isn't here, it is close. These companies have asked for it and deserve it.

Look at the UAW in Tennessee with Volkswagen...we live in a different era...let the workers decide... Maybe they will stick together.

Upnorth puts out a post on attacking the post not the poster and you seem to think for what ever reason You are above the rules, Seems like maybe a little favortisam on someone's part!!!!! I believe that's why your so against the union so bad, your little favortisam gig would be over, and you couldn't get your way as easy as you do now!!! Some folks think rules are made for everyone but themselves.....

Back up for a second Getoverit, highspeeds didn't attack Rollin62, he made a comment, no where in that post did he attack him. Upnorth knows what he is doing and can distinguish between attacks and comments.

GT Local 523 Tulsa.

You guys must be learning impaired.....(the recruiters) I have never come on here and said don't join the union......You guys are like a bunch of used car salesman's trying to your cars....Trying to shove the union down Conways throat....I don't have an agenda....I simply got tired of you brow-beating them....I was perfectly happy just reading the forums and making an occasional post in the political forum....If you feel I have implied the union is not a good thing and I appear to be biased because of my history then you are reading things into it....My point for the most part is I don't think they can get in......Period.....You don't like that my stance is they can't get in....So you go on the attack. You guys portray the union as the best things since sliced bread...The union has good and bad points.....Conway has good and bad points.....State your case and move on....It's getting really old... Let the Conway employees complain about their job among themselves....Let them vent among themselves without you force feeding your agenda.
Train, you know I love ya Brother, but I have to say, there is nothing but benefit from being a union member in good standing and having a contract, especially with a company where mgmt. is out of control with power and intimidation, the union has done nothing for me but what I have paid them to do, represent me, I don't ask them to hold my hand or tuck me in, but they are there when I need them.

To date I have got back close to 2500 dollars in wages that were due to me, those wages, the company refused to speak to me about, one call to my union fixed it, the longest it took to get anything back was 2 weeks. For those of you that want to know, I keep track of all grieves that I file, anyhow, there is nothing wrong with a contract that keeps everyone honest, it doesn't have to hurt the company, mine doesn't, but when they get out of line I have a say about it, I don't just have to like it or leave.

E
Train, you know I love ya Brother, but I have to say, there is nothing but benefit from being a union member in good standing and having a contract, especially with a company where mgmt. is out of control with power and intimidation, the union has done nothing for me but what I have paid them to do, represent me, I don't ask them to hold my hand or tuck me in, but they are there when I need them.

To date I have got back close to 2500 dollars in wages that were due to me, those wages, the company refused to speak to me about, one call to my union fixed it, the longest it took to get anything back was 2 weeks. For those of you that want to know, I keep track of all grieves that I file, anyhow, there is nothing wrong with a contract that keeps everyone honest, it doesn't have to hurt the company, mine doesn't, but when they get out of line I have a say about it, I don't just have to like it or leave.
I know GT.....If these men can push it through ...Great!!! I just enjoy messing with the ones that know it all.

Wish I wrote this;

This comment that "they will never let it happen" is very odd to me. The Company makes money, right? They will continue to make money, right? It may not be as much but they will. The statement that "they won't let it happen" makes me wonder. Who is they? Conway? Well, to be honest if the workers are willing to fight, they can have just about anything, as long as the Company continues to make money. Conway does not have the choice here, except on whether to stay open or close it. They will stay open so there really is no choice. The choice is with the workers. Will they fight or give in to corporate greed? I hope they fight. If they fight and are strong in solidarity, they will win. Some of the views on here is exactly what is wrong with America, today. They say things like, Nothing is worth fighting for. Let someone else do the heavy lifting. Why take a risk? Blah Blah Blah. If the people who've come before us took these types of positions where would we be today? Thankfully they had the guts to stand up against the likes of Henry Ford. Now you can ask yourself, "when I'm gone do I want to leave it better than when I stated or worse"? It makes me think about the people who sacrificed during war time. I thank those who have given their life for my freedom fairly regularly. They made America what it is today just like those in Labor have done for the working man. I fully believe in everything coming full circle. I always knew the labor movement would come full circle and if it isn't here, it is close. These companies have asked for it and deserve it.

Back up for a second Getoverit, highspeeds didn't attack Rollin62, he made a comment, no where in that post did he attack him. Upnorth knows what he is doing and can distinguish between attacks and comments.

GT Local 523 Tulsa.

By all means, I stand down!!!!! You think maybe I should apologize to MR. High Speeds ???

He is very good ... I will give him that.

Thank you. I just want a fair representation of what representation represents. :) I owe everything to the Teamsters and will always try to give other workers in my industry my opinion and desire that we all deserve the best. Are the Teamsters perfect? No. But it is a hell of a lot better than them not being there for me. I see a bunch of disgruntled people on here who were at one point members. I believe many of them screwed themselves and won't own their part. There are some bad reps but I think most try hard and do a pretty good job. $50 dollars or so a month is well worth it.

Thank you. I just want a fair representation of what representation represents. :) I owe everything to the Teamsters and will always try to give other workers in my industry my opinion and desire that we all deserve the best. Are the Teamsters perfect? No. But it is a hell of a lot better than them not being there for me. I see a bunch of disgruntled people on here who were at one point members. I believe many of them screwed themselves and won't own their part. There are some bad reps but I think most try hard and do a pretty good job. $50 dollars or so a month is well worth it.
I'm totally misunderstood on here.....I can understand why many think I'm anti-union.....I have made many comments that would lead you to think that....I owe a lot to the Teamsters as well. The Teamsters are the very reason this industry pays between 21-26 an hour.....The Teamsters made the non-union boys stay competitive ....I could go on with a few other things but why bother...Because the ones that have labeled me will just come back with some smart remark....Some sarcastic quip to discredit me....The ones that truly know me and who I am know what I bring to the table are the only ones I really care about anyway...I only want Conway to do right by the hard working employees they have. To give them a fair shake.....To give them a piece of the pie....And if they can't do that on their own through change at the top. Then I believe the workers must stand together and make a stand.....They only have a chance if they stand united throughout the system. And that won't be easy because so many are drowning in debt and can't afford to lose a check if things turn into some sort of standoff.....They have let fear consume them....But sometimes a man has to look deep inside himself and make a stand...Will the Conway workers do it. We will see.

I'm totally misunderstood on here.....I can understand why many think I'm anti-union.....I have made many comments that would lead you to think that....I owe a lot to the Teamsters as well. The Teamsters are the very reason this industry pays between 21-26 an hour.....The Teamsters made the non-union boys stay competitive ....I could go on with a few other things but why bother...Because the ones that have labeled me will just come back with some smart remark....Some sarcastic quip to discredit me....The ones that truly know me and who I am know what I bring to the table are the only ones I really care about anyway...I only want Conway to do right by the hard working employees they have. To give them a fair shake.....To give them a piece of the pie....And if they can't do that on their own through change at the top. Then I believe the workers must stand together and make a stand.....They only have a chance if they stand united throughout the system. And that won't be easy because so many are drowning in debt and can't afford to lose a check if things turn into some sort of standoff.....They have let fear consume them....But sometimes a man has to look deep inside himself and make a stand...Will the Conway workers do it. We will see.
Idk train about being misunderstood , maybe just a little late to the ball park . We have been trying to get a fair stake in the game for years and nothing seems to work, we have no voice no say and no one is willing to hear out the issues at hand, its shut up - do what your told or else - and there's the gate if you dont like it . We have been lied to , benifits stolen when the company feels the need. We are currently in need of representation and a contract plus a straight foward set of work rules that can't be changed to benifit only the company. Although Im glad you mentioned the teamsters made the nons stay competitive on pay because for the most part thats never mentioned or most don't believe it .
Conway has no intention to do right by its employees because if they did the threats of employment terminations and turnover wouldn't be so high and for that we ask for the teamsters to step in , they didnt call us we called them .

Last edited by a moderator:
Conway has no intention to do right by its employees because if they did the threats of employment terminations and turnover wouldn't be so high and for that we ask for the teamsters to step in , they didnt call us we called them .

And what the palace doesn't understand is that this right here is what the problem really is.

All the gifts and promises in the world probably won't change much of anything moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
They've been giving false hope for years. It's never going to get better under These current policies. The workers have no other choice but to act. The drivers have the upper hand, some just don't know it.

They've been giving false hope for years. It's never going to get better under These current policies. The workers have no other choice but to act. The drivers have the upper hand, some just don't know it.
The only way this will work is complete solidarity.....Complete....And I mean system wide. It can work but getting complete solidarity will not be easy......A lot of guys shoot their mouths off but when it comes down to it they get scared....Most of those guys are drowning in debt like I said before and can't or simply won't take a chance....For the guys that have plenty saved and are for the most part debt free its a no brainer to them if the working conditions are horrible.....Look my whole involvement in this was to say this won't be easy....And it won't....But it is possible...Just understand what your up against and go in with your eyes wide open......I have been on both sides in my 40+ years in this business...For all you guys know I could be drawing a pension out of the Western Conference and still be working at Saia.....You know the Western Conference allows that while Central States doesn't........See I'm not as stupid about the union as many may think....I just don't feel the need to tell everyone about my involvement with the union over the years... Most wouldn't believe it anyway...For me this issue has about run its course and I will slowly bow out gracefully....I wish you guys the best .

The only way this will work is complete solidarity.....Complete....And I mean system wide. It can work but getting complete solidarity will not be easy......A lot of guys shoot their mouths off but when it comes down to it they get scared....Most of those guys are drowning in debt like I said before and can't or simply won't take a chance....For the guys that have plenty saved and are for the most part debt free its a no brainer to them if the working conditions are horrible.....Look my whole involvement in this was to say this won't be easy....And it won't....But it is possible...Just understand what your up against and go in with your eyes wide open......I have been on both sides in my 40+ years in this business...For all you guys know I could be drawing a pension out of the Western Conference and still be working at Saia.....You know the Western Conference allows that while Central States doesn't........See I'm not as stupid about the union as many may think....I just don't feel the need to tell everyone about my involvement with the union over the years... Most wouldn't believe it anyway...For me this issue has about run its course and I will slowly bow out gracefully....I wish you guys the best .
Your whole involvement is to pump fear into the minds of conway employees plain and simple. Seems like every post your talking strikes, that it won't be easy, attorneys, blah blah blah blah!!!
Look you don't know whats down the line, i don't know whats down the line, we could all speculate but unless your a clairvoyant you just don't know.
As for you collecting a pension from the western conference, I wouldn't doubt it. But i often wonder how people like that could talk so bad about the Teamsters and collect a Teamsters pension while trying to keep non-union workers from enjoying the benefits of what they have.

Your whole involvement is to pump fear into the minds of conway employees plain and simple. Seems like every post your talking strikes, that it won't be easy, attorneys, blah blah blah blah!!! Look you don't know whats down the line, i don't know whats down the line, we could all speculate but unless your a clairvoyant you just don't know. As for you collecting a pension from the western conference, I wouldn't doubt it. But i often wonder how people like that could talk so bad about the Teamsters and collect a Teamsters pension while trying to keep non-union workers from enjoying the benefits of what they have.
i agree... No one knows what's going to happen. So why don't we let it run it's course and find out..... Unless you guys have no other issues to post about but the union.