XPO | Load terror reports

bottomfdrking

TB Lurker
Credits
Who is going to want to risk loading anymore? bottom line if there are no damages and no exceptions there should never be a LER ISSUED no one with common sense or decency can argue this.and most of the poor slobs out there dont know how out of control this policy is.

Who is going to want to risk loading anymore? bottom line if there are no damages and no exceptions there should never be a LER ISSUED no one with common sense or decency can argue this.and most of the poor slobs out there dont know how out of control this policy is.

That's why they have been taking more and more pictures.

I'm sorry i dont get your point if there are no damages no tipped over skids or anything what does the number of bars or straps or anything else matter? what do pix hav to do with this

Ok, I see. If the load is not loaded per the policies with bars , straps, etc. , then the LER is issued? Yeah, that is stupid. I'm just saying I've been noticing that they're have been a lot of pics taken lately.

I'm sorry i dont get your point if there are no damages no tipped over skids or anything what does the number of bars or straps or anything else matter? what do pix hav to do with this

If no damage, then there shouldn't be a problem. This company, causing more problems for themselves. Somebody running things sitting behind a desk.

LER = fired?? Where'd you get that from? On lack of damage, if you get lucky that the thing you loaded up top with no strap to hold it didn't fall on top of the hazmat on the floor behind it, you think no one should come to you and tell you that you should have strapped it in?
Here's my wild exaggeration of a comparison...ready?
You go through a stop sign without even slowing down. No one was driving down the other road at that moment. You get stopped by a cop. He doesn't give you a ticket, but a written warning. You complain to him that he shouldn't have bothered you because there was no accident.
And.....go!

LER = fired?? Where'd you get that from? On lack of damage, if you get lucky that the thing you loaded up top with no strap to hold it didn't fall on top of the hazmat on the floor behind it, you think no one should come to you and tell you that you should have strapped it in?
You go through a stop sign without even slowing down. No one was driving down the other road at that moment. You get stopped by a cop. He doesn't give you a ticket, but a written warning. You complain to him that he shouldn't have bothered you because there was no accident.
And.....go!

No wild exaggeration.got this from my local sme and was verified by TM ler is procedure not damage. you can try to be difficult and come up with wild examples all you want i am just stating facts i am not looking for debate there is none. i am talking about putting 2 light skids on 4 bars to make it fit but since it wasnt started at the double bar your going to fire me even though it was strapped and no possibility of damage.your example of course the guy needs wrote up.

No wild exaggeration.got this from my local sme and was verified by TM ler is procedure not damage. you can try to be difficult and come up with wild examples all you want i am just stating facts i am not looking for debate there is none. i am talking about putting 2 light skids on 4 bars to make it fit but since it wasnt started at the double bar your going to fire me even though it was strapped and no possibility of damage.your example of course the guy needs wrote up.

SafeStack 2.0 is not about discipline, it's about helping people to do it right the first time... next time. If you get an LER then there will be the opportunity for a training session. The rules have changed with the roll out of SafeStack 2.0. If over a period of time you continue to get an LER for the same reason then there will be disciplinary action. But not at this point. Heck, the ink on the re-training modules has not even dried yet. If you were told to sign an L.O.I. or an incident report because of one LER then someone needs to go back through the training materials for supervision and management. This program was designed by drivers not management. Everyone has the opportunity to learn to do it right and everyone needs to be held accountable for their job performance.

LER (Load Error Report) is when the freight has incurred or is at risk of serious damage* or when unloading, an employee or equipment was put at risk of injury.
LER’s will result in retraining of the loader. If repeated; disciplinary action may result.
*Not to include superficial scuffing or damage to packing material
If you received an LER for not building a deck with the correct 4 beams then there should be time spent to make sure you understand the importance of dropping the right 4 beams. Remember teaching, mentoring, coaching? Ask the SME to sit down with you and show you the SS 2.0 process map and the "SS Mentoring and Load Reporting Process". Or, just print this response and ask them to verify my post.

Oh wait... you better run it by Slimmy, ya know I'm one of those liars he's out to eradicate from existence

SafeStack 2.0 is not about discipline, it's about helping people to do it right the first time... next time. If you get an LER then there will be the opportunity for a training session. The rules have changed with the roll out of SafeStack 2.0. If over a period of time you continue to get an LER for the same reason then there will be disciplinary action. But not at this point. Heck, the ink on the re-training modules has not even dried yet. If you were told to sign an L.O.I. or an incident report because of one LER then someone needs to go back through the training materials for supervision and management. This program was designed by drivers not management. Everyone has the opportunity to learn to do it right and everyone needs to be held accountable for their job performance.

LER (Load Error Report) is when the freight has incurred or is at risk of serious damage* or when unloading, an employee or equipment was put at risk of injury.LER’s will result in retraining of the loader. If repeated; disciplinary action may result.*Not to include superficial scuffing or damage to packing material
If you received an LER for not building a deck with the correct 4 beams then there should be time spent to make sure you understand the importance of dropping the right 4 beams. Remember teaching, mentoring, coaching? Ask the SME to sit down with you and show you the SS 2.0 process map and the "SS Mentoring and Load Reporting Process". Or, just print this response and ask them to verify my post.

Oh wait... you better run it by Slimmy, ya know I'm one of those liars he's out to eradicate from existence

Don't you think a good ol' dose of common sense would be better than some policy like this? It is a little excessive.

And.....go!
Guess what? their is no diffrence. That written warning goes on your permanent CSA2010 record for life. No diffrence with an LER. MOre ammunition to fire your *ss down the road. How come everyone is letting this company mow you over with these policies? Its you against them with no third party. At what point do you say enough? Grow a backbone for Gods sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess what? their is no diffrence. That written warning goes on your permanent CSA2010 record for life. No diffrence with an LER. MOre ammunition to fire your *ss down the road. How come everyone is letting this company mow you over with these policies? Its you against them with no third party. At what point do you say enough? Grow a backbone for Gods sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you should go back to the grocery sack.. it looked better..

Don't you think a good ol' dose of common sense would be better than some policy like this? It is a little excessive.

I Agree with you here Common Sense this Is A BullShat Policy !!!

OK boys, you tell me, what will fix the poor loads we see every day? We all open trailers and face crap loads. So how do you a) correct the performance, and b) create accountability for jobs performed? I didn't quote ol' paper or plastic on this because the whole onion thing just further protects those loading crap loads.

SS 2.0 looks at load errors as errors, incidences that can be corrected with coaching and mentoring. Not by sups, but through peer-to-peer presentation. How can this process be that bad? How can common-sense not see this as an improvement within our company?

OK Con-F give me your best solution to getting drivers and dock workers to load freight right the first time. Please define common-sense as it applies to how we load trailers. Folks complain others don't know how to load right and others complain the guy right next to them loads crap all the time and gets away with it.

Could common-sense be defined as consistent intelligence? I think we all know better

OK boys, you tell me, what will fix the poor loads we see every day? We all open trailers and face crap loads. So how do you a) correct the performance, and b) create accountability for jobs performed? I didn't quote ol' paper or plastic on this because the whole onion thing just further protects those loading crap loads.

SS 2.0 looks at load errors as errors, incidences that can be corrected with coaching and mentoring. Not by sups, but through peer-to-peer presentation. How can this process be that bad? How can common-sense not see this as an improvement within our company?

OK Con-F give me your best solution to getting drivers and dock workers to load freight right the first time. Please define common-sense as it applies to how we load trailers. Folks complain others don't know how to load right and others complain the guy right next to them loads crap all the time and gets away with it.

Could common-sense be defined as consistent intelligence? I think we all know better

Well instead of four, let's have maybe 6 or 7 before you can get canned. It's excessive, in my opinion. Sometimes it's a judgement call, just like in baseball or football. I will bring this up to the new president, when he comes to big D. And I know he will.

Well instead of four, let's have maybe 6 or 7 before you can get canned. It's excessive, in my opinion. Sometimes it's a judgement call, just like in baseball or football. I will bring this up to the new president, when he comes to big D. And I know he will.

There is NO set discipline for LER's. NO strikes and no magic number to be fired.

Well, you can dis-regard what I just said here. Thanks White Shirt