R&L | Loaders/Dispatchers

you are right - we drivers, are the customer service, rates, collections depts. All rolled up in one....

That's bull, I don't do anyting but deliver, I don't call for rates or any of that. They have the number on the bill if they have any questions.

That's bull, I don't do anyting but deliver, I don't call for rates or any of that. They have the number on the bill if they have any questions.

this is the difference between a driver and a good driver who cares about his customers.. any monkey can deliver freight, A driver that is willing to go a little further trying to help a customer ,gets more freight at the end...try it once

this is the difference between a driver and a good driver who cares about his customers.. any monkey can deliver freight, A driver that is willing to go a little further trying to help a customer ,gets more freight at the end...try it once

I'll pass, that's what you are here for. Everyone has their place.:Bondage:

I talk to the rates dept rather frequently, usually to get quotes for redelivery charges when people refuse their shipments, and also to get reclassifications on oversize junk freight. I absolutely LOVE to take people to the cleaners on stuff like that. WIL does too.

I talk to the rates dept rather frequently, usually to get quotes for redelivery charges when people refuse their shipments, and also to get reclassifications on oversize junk freight. I absolutely LOVE to take people to the cleaners on stuff like that. WIL does too.

I wouldn't mind if we didn't have to be put on hold so much, that gets under my skin. Once I was on hold for almost a half an hour. I was on the customers phone of course but it is very unprofessional. Maybe they need more office help which is an upper management issue.

Out west we also have to make appts for a lot of the resi's, the office is too busy. We have to use our personal cells to do that of course. I used 152 minutes in one day, 101 minutes with WIL and my "terminal", on hold alone. 152x22 days= 3344 minutes a month, had to purchase a new plan just because of work. :ranting2:

Out west we also have to make appts for a lot of the resi's, the office is too busy. We have to use our personal cells to do that of course. I used 152 minutes in one day, 101 minutes with WIL and my "terminal", on hold alone. 152x22 days= 3344 minutes a month, had to purchase a new plan just because of work. :ranting2:

Your cell phone is not for company use!!! You are an idiot if you use your own phone for company business. Use the two way radio in your truck or pull over and find a pay phone. I know it saves a lot of time to use your own phone but you will not get re-imbursed for using it,you will also not get a raise to pay the extra money in upgrading your service. Now stop being stupid and use the free communications that the Company offers you or they will take them out of the trucks and we will all suffer. No matter how long it takes to get done, dispatch will make the call for you, all you have to do is sit where you are and let them handle it!!!!!

Your cell phone is not for company use!!! You are an idiot if you use your own phone for company business. Use the two way radio in your truck or pull over and find a pay phone. I know it saves a lot of time to use your own phone but you will not get re-imbursed for using it,you will also not get a raise to pay the extra money in upgrading your service. Now stop being stupid and use the free communications that the Company offers you or they will take them out of the trucks and we will all suffer. No matter how long it takes to get done, dispatch will make the call for you, all you have to do is sit where you are and let them handle it!!!!!
Where can you find a pay phone anymore? Not many left out there because of cell phones. Way to do is call your terminal, Wilmington, or the first person you actually talk to and say " I'm so and so from whatever terminal you are from and say, I am trying to reach (whoever you are trying to reach). The first person you talk to you say, please call me back or the department that you need to talk to to call you back and if they don't, oh well. Sit and wait an hour or two and call again. If anybody gives you any kind if sh*t for just sitting, tell them to go check their records of the first phone call and they will see that you called.

Also, your terminal is not in an area with a lot of mountains. The company 2-way radio is useless in mountainous areas.:duh:

Also, your terminal is not in an area with a lot of mountains. The company 2-way radio is useless in mountainous areas.:duh:

Its useless if your dispatcher never answers it too.On top of that up here on our channel we have several companies on the one channel and are stepped on all day long.One is an alarm company that uses it to talk as they are going to check the different stations.Very annoying.

I was a dispatcher out there until I was fired for doing the correct thing and the person who fired me didn't want to listen to my side of the story and heard everybody else's side.

Welcome to Truckingboards mystor21.........:clap:

Sorry to hear the bad news.

So tell us what happened.... we will listen...:console:

he'll get back to you when the phone stops ringing,or the computer isnt running so slow,or he gets off his smoke break,or he takes the phone off walk a way,or whatever else them dang dispatchers are doing while we're twiddleing our thumps waiting for p/u's