Yellow | Local 50 Officer Indicted, Members Face Merger Threat

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
http://www.tdu.org/local_50_officer_indicted_members_face_merger_threat

How Hoffa Mishandles Corruption
The backstory reveals a lot about how the Hoffa administration mishandles corruption when it crops up in a local union. For some 18 months prior to the imposition of the trusteeship, an officer of the local union was in touch with the IBT and providing hard evidence of embezzlement and violations of the bylaws.

Marc Archer, the Recording Secretary and a BA, exposed it in detail. And was promptly fired as a BA in May 2016 for his efforts.

How did the Hoffa administration handle this unfortunate situation? He sent in Keith Gleason, the head of Local 627 and Illinois Joint Council 25 downstate director to investigate. Which he did, but mainly to cover it up and protect the embezzlers.

By then Archer had resorted to informing the Department of Labor about the corruption, which the IBT failed to clean up. So now, the indictments have come down.

“For months I wrote and called the IBT to tell them abuses were happening,” Archer stated. “Finally Hoffa imposed the trusteeship last summer, but it was just months before our scheduled election. We planned to run a slate and vote Alexander out of office. With the trusteeship, the election couldn’t happen.”

YO29Jl4.jpg

My circle of friends is getting smaller
and smaller as the Feds close in on me!

:busted:

Just a Good Old Boys Crook's Club !! and what ever happened to think it was that father & son crooks up in Minneapolis Minn from a few years back that was stealing & scamming money ?? Prolly on FULL pension retirement now ???

I think it's a shame how low of an image our Teamster Union has gotten.Whether it's alleged or true or a full conviction.All this publicity is not good.We are not looked upon anymore with respect like we once were.The people responsible are at the top.

I think it's a shame how low of an image our Teamster Union has gotten.Whether it's alleged or true or a full conviction.All this publicity is not good.We are not looked upon anymore with respect like we once were.The people responsible are at the top.
teamster pride, teamster proud. :hilarious:

Every one who gets elected to any Union position at any local usually is paid more than they made at job they came from and some get much more than they previously made. There should be no excuse or any reason for any "abuse" any of these people steal or "abuse" as it's worded in the article they are stealing from us!

Every one who gets elected to any Union position at any local usually is paid more than they made at job they came from and some get much more than they previously made. There should be no excuse or any reason for any "abuse" any of these people steal or "abuse" as it's worded in the article they are stealing from us!

Not really....I made more as a Linehaul driver....KK

Not really....I made more as a Linehaul driver....KK
Just asking your opinion KK, regarding pay rate do you think that would be most locals? Not that it matters what a Local officer makes, stealing is stealing and those that do it damage the reputation of the Union.

Just asking your opinion KK, regarding pay rate do you think that would be most locals? Not that it matters what a Local officer makes, stealing is stealing and those that do it damage the reputation of the Union.
Thays just it KK. You earned your money.

My Local is 68% UPS members and the salaries are based on the UPS Feeder Driver rate for doubles X 50 hours.
Personally, I never could understand how Locals half our size could be paid twice as much and the members approve of it...kk

My Local is 68% UPS members and the salaries are based on the UPS Feeder Driver rate for doubles X 50 hours.
Personally, I never could understand how Locals half our size could be paid twice as much and the members approve of it...kk
Well. I'll say what I pay. And it's still too much.
55$. Double nickel.

What prolly happened at your local KK was that a lot of that slush money wasn't funneling down to you.Thats why you earned more in linehaul

Nope...Local 728 was VERY transparent on salaries and the rate that it is based on...no slush funds....I was audited by the IBT, IRS and the IRB within my 1st year as Sec/Tres and everything was by the book. When I read where other Locals have violated their oaths and did not go by The IBT Sec/Tres Manual, I cannot believe officers in Locals could be that STUPID, because the audits will nail you sooner or later....SMH....KK

Nope...Local 728 was VERY transparent on salaries and the rate that it is based on...no slush funds....I was audited by the IBT, IRS and the IRB within my 1st year as Sec/Tres and everything was by the book. When I read where other Locals have violated their oaths and did not go by The IBT Sec/Tres Manual, I cannot believe officers in Locals could be that STUPID, because the audits will nail you sooner or later....SMH....KK
It was a tongue and cheek statement kk.But maybe the audits will catchem later