Local 523 contract ratified

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Saturday, 5 members out of 30 some non members voted to accept the contract between Sysco OK and Local 523..it wasn't the best in the world, we didn't get hosed like we could have, had we had a greater membership, we would have faired much better, right to work in this state has our 3 yards divided, bad for us and good for Sysco, maybe in the next 6 yrs we can increase membership and make a big impact next go around.

Some guys just don't get it, I learned alot today, I thought I knew alot but I learned more, to all the guys that say...I don't need a union...you have no idea what your talking about.

Good things come from Sysco... Eventually... or during your lunch rush.

When I was hired we got one week vacation after the first year, two weeks after the second, three weeks after five years. I was really looking forward to the three weeks as I just passed five years. When my bid came up, it was only two weeks, because there was another contract signed in the mean time, I have to wait another year. I'm over it now, but I was disappointed for a long time.

Pretty sad voter turnout. Sorry to hear this but I'm glad you guys ended up with a descent contract.

It was sad Skinny, we had a guy that thought his foot race 5k or whatever was more important than his next 6 yrs, just goes to show what right to work gets us, it has us divided, the company is loving it for the next 6, I vow to change that though.

Ted...I know what you mean, we didn't make any gains on vacation, very little on pay, although, our raise is front loaded, thats a good thing for us, it will cost Sysco though, we are going to file some greivences though, regarding the on call extra stuff, we have no call block! Boss says we have to be on call all day with no compensation, our BA is going to address that ASAP, there are a few other things as well, we will get straight, we are small but we CAN and WILL have a voice in this deal, it is just going to take some time, and that time is coming....

It's really sad that so few care about their future. I could never understand less than 100% voting on a contract. Something like 18% of the Teamsters voted in the election for IBT president. Welcome to the new America.

I need no rat bastard union.
It's just another hand in my wallet.

There's a very good reason many People refuse to vote for union contracts as well other things voted on:
The contracts have too many pointless stipulations, new regulations, etc., and voting anymore results in nothing gained as the results have already been decided and will be initiated regardless of vote count.

I've NEVER been in any union and NEVER WILL and regardless that some current and FORMER union members may claim "you know not of what you speak", well, too bad, for I know enough to form my opinions.

GOOD LUCK, bend over, say AHHHH!!!

I need no rat bastard union.
It's just another hand in my wallet.

There's a very good reason many People refuse to vote for union contracts as well other things voted on:
The contracts have too many pointless stipulations, new regulations, etc., and voting anymore results in nothing gained as the results have already been decided and will be initiated regardless of vote count.

I've NEVER been in any union and NEVER WILL and regardless that some current and FORMER union members may claim "you know not of what you speak", well, too bad, for I know enough to form my opinions.

GOOD LUCK, bend over, say AHHHH!!!
CK, alot of ppl share your opinion, however the union works for us at Sysco, I really can't imagine what they would do to us if we were not represented, one of the best things we have is the progressive dicipline, in other words, they can't just up and fire us for screwing up once, everyone messes up, such as having an accident, they wanted to drive our insurance through the roof, the union said no, they bargained for hours on that subject, wound up getting us a better deal, had we not had our job stewards and the union reps there across the table from the company men and their lawyer, sysco could have just made that decision and there wouldn't have been a thing we could have done about it.

Your opinion is your own to have, this subject has been debated on here a thousand times or more, bottom line is, it works for us and even the guys that choose not to join are enjoying the benefits of the unions hard work, thats right to work for you.

I do take a bit of offence though, why would you come on this thread and **** all over something that I am proud of? Your opinion was unsolicited, there was little to gain for you to come over to a thread and take a shot like that, especially on a thread that has so many union members posting on it.

CK, you know I respect what you have to say, and I consider you a friend, but what you posted was in poor taste, it would have been better posted over in the union non debate section.

For the record, I didn't bend over, I don't have to, I have rules, and so does the company, we both have to follow them, its not one sided here. Ask the guys at sysco AR, they fear for their jobs on a daily basis, management does what they please, here at sysco OK, they can't do that, thank God!

GT

Grocery don't waste your time. You know what they say can't fix $$$$$.:censored2: Congrats on the contract at least you have contract rules that BOTH sides must follow.

GT,
Why even respond to the troll CK. He trolls the board and post stupid comments in every form. Just put him on the ignore list like did. BTW, good to see SYSCO didn't hose you guys. Companies are starting to hose Union members around her, it's getting ugly.

GT,
Why even respond to the troll CK. He trolls the board and post stupid comments in every form. Just put him on the ignore list like did. BTW, good to see SYSCO didn't hose you guys. Companies are starting to hose Union members around her, it's getting ugly.

I don't know RR, it upset me a bit, I have always considered us friends, I'm just gonna figure he was having a bad day, we all have them, are you going to be involved in the food shows at all? I know you said something about being off mondays?

I don't know RR, it upset me a bit, I have always considered us friends, I'm just gonna figure he was having a bad day, we all have them, are you going to be involved in the food shows at all? I know you said something about being off mondays?

It's not to busy right now on mondays so I still get that day off but the rest of the week, it's heavy. I can make real good on four days. Actually enjoying the extra day off.

It's not to busy right now on mondays so I still get that day off but the rest of the week, it's heavy. I can make real good on four days. Actually enjoying the extra day off.

I hear ya, I love 4 days, having that day off during the week is the way to go, I haven't had a day off during the week in 3 weeks, our case count is in the toilet, but the routes keep running, just not as heavy, some guys on vacation ect.

I looked for ya on Tuesday...saw 2 Clover Hill straight trucks, one at Sure Save in Bloomfield and the other leaving Beulah Rd. Were you in a straight job?

Congrats to GT on the contract ratification.

I looked for ya on Tuesday...saw 2 Clover Hill straight trucks, one at Sure Save in Bloomfield and the other leaving Beulah Rd. Were you in a straight job?

Come out of where on Beulah? I hit Kuhn's at 530am. PM me with your tuesday stops, where going to run it to each other soon. Oh, and 99% of the time I'm in a trailer. I PM'd you the truck number.

Thanks Flash, hopefully no more drama for 6 more years..whatever, of course there will be drama, its Sysco after all!! You know how it is, working with a bunch of grown family men, cept they are still acting like they are in JR high school...LOL!!!

Bunch of moody things too, just like women :)

double r;1007300]GT,
Why even respond to the troll CK. He trolls the board and post stupid comments in every form.
Stupid comments?
Every form?
How many "forms" are available?
Just put him on the ignore list like did.
HOW could you respond if I'm on your Ignore List??
It's IMPOSSIBLE to read posts of as well post to people on Ignore Lists, that's the point of the Ignore List option.
----
Correct GT, my post was in bad taste and reflective of temporary bad character.
I'm no troll.

It IS GOOD for you and yours (your working mates) that your Union is working FOR YOU.
Hope there's no violence generated at you and your mates for being Union Members!!

Its ok CK, and we have no violence, back when I was line with fedex, the OK highway patrol had to set up a sub station at the midway on the turnpike, has a mcdonalds and a store, thats where tulsa swapped with norman, norman was on strike, tulsa couldn't strike, different local, so they took the trailers to midway and norman would send van loads of guys to midway to cause choas, we are good though, just trying to get some minor details took care of...and thank you CK.

Its ok CK, and we have no violence, back when I was line with fedex, the OK highway patrol had to set up a sub station at the midway on the turnpike, has a mcdonalds and a store, thats where tulsa swapped with norman, norman was on strike, tulsa couldn't strike, different local, so they took the trailers to midway and norman would send van loads of guys to midway to cause choas, we are good though, just trying to get some minor details took care of...and thank you CK.

Hey GT, I worked at Sysco Oklahoma at that time, I was a resident driver but belonged to the Norman yard and the 886 contract. I left a few months after coming back from the strike. When I started at Sysco it was a very good place to work but by the time I left it wasn't worth a ****. Hope things get better for you, but the divided contracts in the state will never benefit anyone but Sysco.

I've been on both sides... Let me share:

The last company I worked for (hauling lumber for the last 12 years) was union when I started there. The benefits package was a good one, the pay and raises were contracted, and we had the ability to file a grievance if need be. Due to people really not giving a crap about their future, we had low turnouts for votes and ended up with the union being voted out after a few years. People felt like it was just costing them money out of their pockets, and they believed the company when they said that we wouldn't lose anything. We did, we went years (over 5) without raises, we lost our 401K match, and our healthcare went up over 100%!!

People should wake up, and see that the union is there for US!