ABF | Local 707 Pension Fund insolvent in 2016

Ahh suck ass number 2 right on time. First let me welcome you to THE ABF FORUM. Now don't forget you are in our house. You have been a constant company suck ass on this site since I saw your fist post. You are a very condescending ass on the yrc forum in my opinion.
As for the pension funds. If you would take the time to have read my post you would have seen I was explaining to 396 how the plan was designed in the beginning and how the ibt and the fund managers have deviated from that plan to now have put many plans into danger.

What part of if the companies had paid all their liabilities to the funds there would have been no need for the aggressive investments and thus the tremendous loss in the capitol from the funds.

At one time we had almost 30 BILLION DOLLARS in the CSPF. YOU know it all, where would that put the fund if they the managers had not mismanaged it?

Ponzi my ass. It was designed that each employer paid for their employees upon exiting the fund and the fund managers did not do that.. Now say that isn't true.

But no you jump over here thinking that you know what is best for us. You the suck ass that voted to reduce payments and to even defers almost 100 MILLION DOLLARS that yrc owed the CSPF. And you are going to tell me all about the fund..You spineless Teamster wannabe.

I have done pretty well for myself. So I just want what was promised me when I joined the fund. It is a matter of principal for me. But you and your band of suck asses just keep giving the farm away. But as I told your buddy alfag you two will suffer the same penalties as everyone and maybe even more if us abf Teamsters have any say in the matter..

So now lets hear your stupid ass kissing comments I find them weak and almost funny. Remember You are our guest on this forum.

Muler you have half of the band of suckass's here now... You have a teamster hater... and 2 company suck ass's here and Triplex isn't even a teamster... Just a wannabe...

What we're not BROTHERS ALWAYS!
Once again you reveal your COMPLETE lack of insight into the plight of Multi Employer Pension Funds.
Go back to Pre-School Board.

And once again you talk as if you do care...BS... You and your little band voted only for a paycheck...You don't give a dam about anybody's pension as long as yours is not affected!!! You just make all the excuses you want to justify what a little man you really are.

You talk about brotherhood, Hell I don't, and wouldn't ever want people like you to have my back. Everybody who knows you knows what the truth is and what you stand for... Don't even try to come here and pretend that you care!!! Every one of your yes votes for cuts was based on knowing that your pension is safe and your pension fund is in good shape all the while you and your little band gang up just to convince the membership to vote not only their pensions away, but those who don't even work for a YRCW company. YRC EMPLOYEES VOTED FOR A PAYCHECK END OF STORY!!!

The Government, Wall Street, the IBT, and the pension funds, must take the blame for what has happen to every pension fund that is currently failing. The Government passed the laws, Wall Street lost billions of the member’s money, knowing they will be getting paid millions just for making the investments (Why didn't pension funds go after Wall Street for the losses). Hoffa and his cronies have done everything in their power to help destroy the member’s pension funds, knowing that this will keep them in the money. Hoffa's group are currently investing over $183 Million dollars into the IBT pension plans using members money to make sure their pension funds are protected!!! Nyhan and the CSPF Trustees should be all fired and charged for mismanagement, if found that they helped bring down the fund, by only protecting their interest, and not the members.

You WILL care when the pension funds merge and your pension gets cut. You can justify YRC existence and your fears any way you want, but it won't change what you really are, and what you stand for. Maybe then maybe you will wake up and start fighting for your future.

There are some good points on here,.....For one thing, a Ponzi scheme is set up initially to fail,....deliberately, I might add. the Trick is to string it out as long as you can, and then jump.... most people's greed gets the best of them and causes them to stay in too long,....hence, they get caught,. a la' Bernie Made-off. Neither the Multi-Employer Pension Funds,....or Social Security,... were set up to deliberately fail,.....even in the distant future. Both were set up to be self-sustaining......That was the benchmark used by the Government to allow it to set up Pension Benefit Guarantee Insurance,.....the Government,....in it's role as a steward of the citizen's money,....was convinced that ,..unless there was "unusual" circumstances,...MEPFs SHOULD thrive,....in an ....ahem....HONEST investment climate. So,....what has changed?....or rather,...who has done the "changing"? The employees? Certainly not........The IBT leadership over the years?.........Until recently, all we can accuse them of is latent incompetency,....or not hiring the proper consultants to "shepard" the funds.....The employers who went out of business, blaming deregulation?......What?....Didn't they lobby hard enough to create a climate similar to the Old West,....where only the "strong" survive,.....and in this instance,..."strong" means devious, cutthroat, and predatory........Oh,...and greedy.......Wall Street?.....with it's fear of Union pension funds doing "social engineering" with the stocks THEY OWNED.....? Now, we are getting closer to the true culprits........And,....with the passage of Citizen's United,......and last year's deliberate slap-in-the-face of working people,....where Congress, and the President, approved passage of the "Crime-nibus"..(Cromnibus) bill that removes restrictions of the ERISA Act that stood for 40 years, and allows cuts to CURRENT retiree's pensions,....and in the same bill removes the restrictions of the Dodd-Frank law that kept the Government from BAILING OUT bankers who deal in risky derivatives,...........The juxtaposition of those two things in that Bill,.....are, in my eyes,...the "smoking gun",......for the downfall of Defined-Benefit Pensions,.........and,....maybe,....Social Security, in the future....Why we aren't burning bankers in effigy on all the street corners of America is beyond me.........

P
Like I said earlier, learn some facts before you shoot your big dumb mouth off.

"The rules governing withdrawal liability are found in the Multiemployer Pension Plan Amendments Act of 1980 which amended ERISA to impose withdrawal liability upon employers who cease contributions to a multiemployer defined benefit pension plan with unfunded vested benefits. Withdrawal liability is essentially an exit fee requiring employers to pay its share of a plan’s costs (future vested benefits) which have not been paid through previous contributions or investment returns. Withdrawal liability only applies to multiemployer defined benefit pension plans; it does not apply to health and welfare plans, annuity plans or other defined contribution plans."

http://www.agcmichigan.org/docs/member-service-docs/withdrawal_liability_rules.pdf[/QUOTE again o
Wow, I'm impressed. Only you're wrong. The pension funds weren't designed that each employer pay for their employees upon exiting the fund. That provision was enacted by ERISA in 1980 after many MEPF's were finding themselves in trouble. You ought to do your homework before shooting off your mouth.

Oh, and by the way, I have a big stack of ABF paychecks in my file cabinet so I'll post here when and if I choose. Deal with it. :smile new:
We have been around well before 1980. You are not even a Teamster. Go figure. That explains it.

Wow, I'm impressed. Only you're wrong. The pension funds weren't designed that each employer pay for their employees upon exiting the fund. That provision was enacted by ERISA in 1980 after many MEPF's were finding themselves in trouble. You ought to do your homework before shooting off your mouth.

Oh, and by the way, I have a big stack of ABF paychecks in my file cabinet so I'll post here when and if I choose. Deal with it. :smile new:

The pension funds werent designed for releasing a company out of paying its contractual obligations completely to the fund for a couple of years then allowing them to pay a reduced rate of a mere 25% after that either. Maybe your homework should include the role that played on the overall adverse impact on the fund before shooting off your mouth. Maybe then you would realize just how devastating the yrc restructuring agreement was to the pension fund then shoot your mouth off about how you and your two pals are barking up the wrong tree defending that agreement. Then I will be impressed.

Im sticking my nose in because im sick and tired of hearing all these excuses that have to be made up by yrc teamsters in order to justify voting for that agreement instead of admitting they were selfish and voted out of plain fear. So deal with that.

Of course I think you're special. We go back a long way with the barbs but they've never been truly obnoxious like some. :smile new:

(PS - Even though you've "liked" some who were more on the obnoxious side)

How far back? Did you work out of 120?

You talk about brotherhood, Hell I don't, and wouldn't ever want people like you to have my back. Everybody who knows you knows what the truth is and what you stand for... Don't even try to come here and pretend that you care!!! Every one of your yes votes for cuts was based on knowing that your pension is safe and your pension fund is in good shape all the while you and your little band gang up just to convince the membership to vote not only their pensions away, but those who don't even work for a YRCW company. YRC EMPLOYEES VOTED FOR A PAYCHECK END OF STORY!!!
I voted based on my research of the financial condition of YRC Freight. The most recent MOU I voted no on the first ballot. And I did so because YRCW was proposing to only give raises to drivers. When we re-voted I was a yes, as were the majority of Teamsters. Be honest, that is exactly why you are upset. All your browbeating, cajoling, pleading and begging FAILED to alter the vote. I did not advocate either way. Anyone who cast a ballot based on the advice of others is beyond foolish. Whether yes OR no!
And correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't ABF Teamsters ratify a "substandard" agreement as well?

I bet if you would stay off of the YRC Forum, your YRC friends would quit responding up here. Imo.
I have no problem with anybody posting in this forum. I just asked him what his point is if he has one because I don't see one. Furthermore I find it ironic that those who recommend I don't post there don't work there either. :shrug:

I have no problem with anybody posting in this forum. I just asked him what his point is if he has one because I don't see one. Furthermore I find it ironic that those who recommend I don't post there don't work there either. :shrug:
Just a YRC retiree with an observation.

Your observation implies that we don't like them posting here.
wonder-awe.jpg

Everybody knows the story there so what's your point?
My point is quit being a hypocrite. You insult YRCW Teamsters. Yet the majority of ABF Teamsters "voted for a paycheck". I was looking for a response from papajohn.

As far as I know the forums are open to all. The function is the exchange of views. Vulgar and or provocative replies, by some ABF employees will not alter the fact. The same demographics exist at ABF as exist at YRC. However the financial conditions are vastly different.

In MY OPINION, the YRC Teamsters were systematically fed misinformation that was not consistent with either their operation , or their financial condition. The Teamsters, either by collusion or incompetence, did nothing to stop the flow of misinformation. Wall Street kept on funding a supposedly failing company,.......in defiance of market principles. The ABF Teamsters were also fed misinformation concerning a buyout by YRC in the middle of contract talks. Instead of halting the contract talks until verification of the offer could be validated, the IBT ......"leadership ".......proceeded with a ratification vote. A year earlier, ABF Teamsters had rejected a company appeal for a 15% pay cut similar to the YRC deal. The " smoking gun" in all this is that both SBF and YRC Teamsters were misinformed about the true status of their respective companies, and the IBT ......"leadership "......either through collusion, or incompetence, did nothing to find out the Truth. We were BOTH lied to, Brother, by our employers, and the people we elected to police the companies were.......either complicit,.......or incompetent. Hoffa Must Go 2016.

canaryinthemine, thank you. While we disagree about how much truth there was provided, you have NEVER been vulgar or infantile. There are some who would have EVERYONE believe that I bear animosity towards ABF Teamsters. Nothing could be further from the truth. And that is true of nearly ALL YRCW Teamsters, as well.

canaryinthemine, thank you. While we disagree about how much truth there was provided, you have NEVER been vulgar or infantile. There are some who would have EVERYONE believe that I bear animosity towards ABF Teamsters. Nothing could be further from the truth. And that is true of nearly ALL YRCW Teamsters, as well.

What I find amusing is how easily you can recognize when someone else is being vulgar or infantile or not but dont have that ability when it comes to yourself.Why is that?

I voted based on my research of the financial condition of YRC Freight. The most recent MOU I voted no on the first ballot. And I did so because YRCW was proposing to only give raises to drivers. When we re-voted I was a yes, as were the majority of Teamsters. Be honest, that is exactly why you are upset. All your browbeating, cajoling, pleading and begging FAILED to alter the vote. I did not advocate either way. Anyone who cast a ballot based on the advice of others is beyond foolish. Whether yes OR no!
And correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't ABF Teamsters ratify a "substandard" agreement as well?

You sure have a very short memory, you may want to go see a doctor for your condition. You promoted a yes vote for every MOU, and part of your first MOU vote was to vote for no Pension contributions for 2 years. Every MOU since you promoted a yes vote for 25% Pension Contributions which will last for another 8 years till 2019. You knew that your Pension Fund was in good shape, and you knew that your Pension was not going to be affected. Now all you had to do is convince others just so you will keep getting a paycheck. You can try to blame others for your shortfalls, but in the end you promoted a yes vote every time. WHY DID YOU LIE?

Your right about ABF Teamsters they did ratify a “substandard agreement”, but the difference is ABF Teamsters did NOT vote for Pension Contribution Reductions. YRC Teamsters did and what they did will affect every Teamster that are now in troubled pension funds. I will say this, YRC Teamsters did not alone help bankrupt Pension Funds. They had a lot of help from the Government, Wall Street, Banks, the IBT, and the Pension Funds. YRCW has to accept they were a big contributing factor of the condition of troubled Pension Funds being underfunded.