Yellow | Local 771 - Protect & Serve.... Who?

The Local is what it is...we need them right now to keep the flow of information coming. The IBT has dropped the ball on this one, we are not opposed to the company making changes that will make it more profitable in the marketplace. What we are against is a "whatever we want to do, when we want to do it" attitude towards the people that actually perform the work. Infighting within the local is just what they want.....

TEAMSTERS (IBT)
Local 771

2005 Officers & Employees

Jeff, I'm calling Bull S*** on your moderating.

Every Teamsters local officials name is a matter of public record. They have no more expectation of privacy then Bill Clinton. Also, they all ran voluntarily, knowing their name would be dragged around in the dirt.

I get the feeling that you are just trying to protect someone or something.

Now it's time for this board to show what it is made of. Are yoou for the workers as a whole or not?

Every Teamsters local officials name is a matter of public record. They have no more expectation of privacy then Bill Clinton. Also, they all ran voluntarily, knowing their name would be dragged around in the dirt.

Now it's time for this board to show what it is made of. Are yoou for the workers as a whole or not?

Teamsters (IBT)

Here is the link where the information came from and this information is gathered by the government too, by federal laws. Also, you can go to any local and/or union to view. Any trouble with anything feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help you.

Teamsters (IBT)

The Local is what it is...we need them right now to keep the flow of information coming. The IBT has dropped the ball on this one, we are not opposed to the company making changes that will make it more profitable in the marketplace. What we are against is a "whatever we want to do, when we want to do it" attitude towards the people that actually perform the work. Infighting within the local is just what they want.....

The IBT has in many ways dropped the ball, but our local just went through some "interesting changes" a couple of months ago too. First the President retires that the people elected and he did not talk to the Sec. Tres. for the last two years at all. Secondly, the BA is appointed to President and then a completely new BA is hand picked for office!! In addition, that BA is from Yellow and well known as a companys man.

In closing, the whole place was all ready to vote on who they wanted in office when the President retired. However, the current Sec. Tres. side stepped the people and placed people where HE wanted them. Furthermore, I doubt he was acting alone, but he was and still is the front man!!! Now this is all going on only MONTHS after this circus...... How soon we all forget!

TP,
I'm sure Jeff couldn't care less about "protecting someone or something", as you accuse....Jeff works for FedEx.
Secondly,
Do you remember when Teamster.net was sued by an official from Local 480 in NSH? It was eventually thrown out, but not before the website owner had accumulated thousands of dollars in lawyer bills. We can't expect Jeff to leave himself wide open for some sue-happy person who thinks he can make a few quick bucks. That is what this policy is all about....not what you think it's about. Basically it's really about people seeing the ads that support the site in which the article with the last name was published...and yes, Jeff has been contacted by another publishers attorneys in the past. All that is ever expected is that when a last name is used that it's linked to the original source so that no infractions of copyright laws occurs. It's not all that hard to do. Thanks in advance for your future compliance.

It's all an evil plot Testpilot, Considering both of my Co-Administrators on this site are Union guys and atleast half of the Mods here are too, I can see how you could think I was bias to one side or the other, try researching things before you put your fingers in gear, it will make you appear much smarter than you are
I love my rights as an American for free speech but that's my name on this website and when my name is on a website, certain codes of conduct are going to be followed... You seem to miss the point of this website, it is NOT designed to call people out while you hide behind a keyboard with a Pabst Blue Ribbon after your boss got under your skin and vent to him personally, it is a website to get information and build friendships. If you can't deal with that, I suggest you pursue your dreams on one of the many other trucking forums on the internet.

It's all an evil plot Testpilot, Considering both of my Co-Administrators on this site are Union guys and atleast half of the Mods here are too, I can see how you could think I was bias to one side or the other, try researching things before you put your fingers in gear, it will make you appear much smarter than you are
I love my rights as an American for free speech but that's my name on this website and when my name is on a website, certain codes of conduct are going to be followed... You seem to miss the point of this website, it is NOT designed to call people out while you hide behind a keyboard with a Pabst Blue Ribbon after your boss got under your skin and vent to him personally, it is a website to get information and build friendships. If you can't deal with that, I suggest you pursue your dreams on one of the many other trucking forums on the internet.

Well, it seems that there is a question as to the rules.

You stated in your original edit:

Reason: no last names allowed unless press release

Now to me a "press release" is a prepared story released for publication. To me, that seemed overly restrictive.

One of your Mods put it another way, with a detailed explanation;

All that is ever expected is that when a last name is used that it's linked to the original source so that no infractions of copyright laws occurs. It's not all that hard to do. Thanks in advance for your future compliance.

That makes a lot of sense (even to me).

I'm just not too sure which is which, or if they are both right, or if there is some middle ground.

My only point was that the information that was apparently posted was a matter of public record, and, IMHO, those individuals had no expectation of privacy. Now, if you are going to use a standard of "I don't want to offend anyone who has the resources to sue me (right or wrong)" I can understand that.

In the meantime, I'm going to cool it and stick to happy thoughts :)

I am a Teamster (20 years) standing up for Jeff and the Admins, Super Mods, and Mods. I am the new one here in Management on Truckingboards. And I would not and could not be a part of something bias. And if the management was anti-union. I would just leave. There are anti union and pro union users here in the site, but as far as management here they are not anti or pro union. We follow the rules even if I were to warn a union person for some rule violation. I have told you once that I do not and will not ever moderate based on my union affiliation. Jeff is correct!
Jeff said:
I love my rights as an American for free speech but that's my name on this website and when my name is on a website, certain codes of conduct are going to be followed... You seem to miss the point of this website, it is NOT designed to call people out while you hide behind a keyboard with a Pabst Blue Ribbon after your boss got under your skin and vent to him personally, it is a website to get information and build friendships.

Well, it seems that there is a question as to the rules.

You stated in your original edit:

Reason: no last names allowed unless press release

Now to me a "press release" is a prepared story released for publication. To me, that seemed overly restrictive.

One of your Mods put it another way, with a detailed explanation;

All that is ever expected is that when a last name is used that it's linked to the original source so that no infractions of copyright laws occurs. It's not all that hard to do. Thanks in advance for your future compliance.

That makes a lot of sense (even to me).

I'm just not too sure which is which, or if they are both right, or if there is some middle ground.

My only point was that the information that was apparently posted was a matter of public record, and, IMHO, those individuals had no expectation of privacy. Now, if you are going to use a standard of "I don't want to offend anyone who has the resources to sue me (right or wrong)" I can understand that.

In the meantime, I'm going to cool it and stick to happy thoughts :)

post a link to it instead of posting names then and the problem is solved .. I can't go thru every post to find the source it comes from, there are too many posts a day here to do that... a good thread description and link will do wonders for a topic, as far as public officials go, yea I know they are elected people and yes it's probably legal to post all their names but they were copied and pasted from another site and that content belongs to that site.

Now we are by no means trying to say we are perfect and I make mistakes everyday, that aid too, I can't spend 30 mins researching a post either.

Test Pilot, How about next time ya have a problem with moderation on the boards just take it to a PM and this wouldn't have gotton out of hand. BTW I am a retired Teamster from Yellow Freight out of LCP.I didn't wait to be helped in/out of trucks to do it.I did it when I turned 57 and had my 30 years in the union..I want to enjoy my life some before its over.Turned out to be the best move of my life.And reguardless of what the old folks say about retirement they ain't gainin nothin but a big pay check each week by staying on the job...After Red Star was shut down I was grateful to Yellow to allow me the privelage to finish my time out so I could retire but to be perfectly honest Yellow ain't all that great.It was a job.The one thing I did notice when I went there was everyone sure liked throwing their senority around..Too bad because it makes for a dog eat dog job.
BTW I sure hope the COO's works out for everyone involved. Good luck

In this new society of litigation, these guys have to be careful. I applaud the moderators for what they do and back their decisions 100%. This gives me a place to vent and to gather info from all over the country. Some of these other sites that are no holds barred are boring and not very stimulating intelectually. PM's are the way to go if you have a problem.

UW

In this new society of litigation, these guys have to be careful. I applaud the moderators for what they do and back their decisions 100%. This gives me a place to vent and to gather info from all over the country. Some of these other sites that are no holds barred are boring and not very stimulating intelectually. PM's are the way to go if you have a problem.

UW

Agreed................. i'm glad i found this site. For the most part the conversations are intellectual and informative. Hey if something i have to say is in some obscure way going to make someone's life miserable or possibly hurt their livelyhood, then strike it from the record. Society is way to f@#king litigous now. You can't stick your neck out just because you were giving a bunch of blue collar guys a place to shoot the sh*t. Seroiusly, there are some opinions i disagree with, some i think are just plain crazy, but for the most part there's a lot of good dialogue here. It's always good to get a lot of different points of view to see all sides of an issue.

By the way, this probably isn't the thread for this but what the heck.......... can anyone tell me why i can't import a picture from my computer to appear next to my user name? Help for the computer illiterate would be appreciated..........

By the way, this probably isn't the thread for this but what the heck.......... can anyone tell me why i can't import a picture from my computer to appear next to my user name? Help for the computer illiterate would be appreciated..........
Go,
Go to User CP and click Edit Avatar...it should walk you though the process.