ABF | local by local

Aww...y'all leave the YRC Cheerleader alone....My purpose was to have the Local breakdown was, as in our case at YRC was to shove it back to those YES voters at Locals with terminals that voted yes when they start shinning about their subcontracting their work, etc, etc, like those YRC Locals that voted YES and some folks started posting pictures of scab outfits hauling their trailers while they sit at home all broke ass and complaining about it, when THEIR own LOCALS pushed the yes vote to "save your jobs" BS....5 years is a long time to wait. He always takes things out of context because he does not understand southern keyboarding...Besides, y'all know who the yes coters are in your terminal already....they will be the ones who start bitching first! ....LOL
We know what you meant & so did he....

Something is starting to smell fishy with this vote. Why not give us the local by local votes, what are they afraid of? Take the central pa there are five locals in that group, we always knew how each local voted.Does anybody know who we could file a complaint with?

As far as I know I voted YES, and I appreciate all the undecided voters. Indecision is a still a decision. However, they will probably tell you, "I didn't vote for that awful contract." Great idea, just impractical. Indecision is ultimately agreement with the majority. I know that is philosophically too deep for some to decide to accept. Be safe out there.

Something is starting to smell fishy with this vote. Why not give us the local by local votes, what are they afraid of? Take the central pa there are five locals in that group, we always knew how each local voted.Does anybody know who we could file a complaint with?
Sean O'Brien maybe? He's kinda busy with a political campaign right now, and I am not sure he would want to help challenge the voting and all, since it's kinda helping his political aspirations, but maybe you could put a call into his office. Other than him, I can't think of a soul.

The yes voter will be shamed and isolated. It's unacceptable . They won't release it
I am not ashamed, I do often isolate myself, preferably on the river, sometimes allow the wife along, seldom do I invite a co-worker, they usually complain more than she does :-)

As far as I know I voted YES, and I appreciate all the undecided voters. Indecision is a still a decision. However, they will probably tell you, "I didn't vote for that awful contract." Great idea, just impractical. Indecision is ultimately agreement with the majority. I know that is philosophically too deep for some to decide to accept. Be safe out there.
Ya that’s what you are, a philosopher....lol That is nothing more than a cop out. It tells me people are to lazy or to dumb to care about their future....

I hope it ends up being fishy because this contract proposal was awful and to think our membership voted so soundly in favor of it is depressing.

I hope it ends up being fishy because this contract proposal was awful and to think our membership voted so soundly in favor of it is depressing.

Hello, Brother........It seems like the Master agreement was ratified by only 58% of the members,.......excluding, I think,...those 2,000+ members who didn't bother to send in a ballot,........and the 5 who did, but didn't mark down any choice.

There are 9 Supplements that aren't ratified,.....and although those Supplements can't change any "economic" agreement in the Master,.........they can be "tweaked" per Area to possibly gain back vacation sooner,...or to pay ALL pension plans equitably......since both of those provisions are Area -specific, and have different conditions and ways of doing things.

That still leaves 42% of ABF employees .....dissatisfied .....with this contract. That's not quite a "sound" defeat. Especially when you factor in the 2,000+ brain-dead,....

Stand by,.......as the Supplements get re-voted in the 9 Areas,...the company will put on the "full-court press" to get guys to accept.....anything,......just to finalize this contract.

(...So will the IBT "negotiating" team,......if last contract is any indication of how the IBT will act..)...

Since electronic voting is new,....and the ABF contract is the "dry run", so to speak,...for ALL future LABOR voting,......I would imagine the NLRB is overseeing this election closely. I am sure that if any,.........fudging .......of the numbers even remotely appears,......TeamstersUnited/TDU will be filing charges.

That could very possibly happen,...in the upcoming weeks....That would invalidate any contract vote if provable inconsistancies are found.

Frankly,.......The high total of......non-voters....... surprises me. Far, far higher than last contract,...where, I believe, only about 900 or so employees eligible didn't return their ballot.

That raises a...."red flag"....to me.

Hello, Brother........It seems like the Master agreement was ratified by only 58% of the members,.......excluding, I think,...those 2,000+ members who didn't bother to send in a ballot,........and the 5 who did, but didn't mark down any choice.

There are 9 Supplements that aren't ratified,.....and although those Supplements can't change any "economic" agreement in the Master,.........they can be "tweaked" per Area to possibly gain back vacation sooner,...or to pay ALL pension plans equitably......since both of those provisions are Area -specific, and have different conditions and ways of doing things.

That still leaves 42% of ABF employees .....dissatisfied .....with this contract. That's not quite a "sound" defeat. Especially when you factor in the 2,000+ brain-dead,....

Stand by,.......as the Supplements get re-voted in the 9 Areas,...the company will put on the "full-court press" to get guys to accept.....anything,......just to finalize this contract.

(...So will the IBT "negotiating" team,......if last contract is any indication of how the IBT will act..)...

Since electronic voting is new,....and the ABF contract is the "dry run", so to speak,...for ALL future LABOR voting,......I would imagine the NLRB is overseeing this election closely. I am sure that if any,.........fudging .......of the numbers even remotely appears,......TeamstersUnited/TDU will be filing charges.

That could very possibly happen,...in the upcoming weeks....That would invalidate any contract vote if provable inconsistancies are found.

Frankly,.......The high total of......non-voters....... surprises me. Far, far higher than last contract,...where, I believe, only about 900 or so employees eligible didn't return their ballot.

That raises a...."red flag"....to me.

The ABF NMFA of 2013 was voted in by 245 votes and almost 1500 members didn't vote.

I would agree that those that didn't vote are predominantly yes votes, brothers and sisters that are content with any contract. Had they voted I believe the results would have been even more skewed to yes.

I hope those voting on the supplements get everything they want. They deserve it for having the fortitude to stand up for themselves.

The ABF NMFA of 2013 was voted in by 245 votes and almost 1500 members didn't vote.

I would agree that those that didn't vote are predominantly yes votes, brothers and sisters that are content with any contract. Had they voted I believe the results would have been even more skewed to yes.

I hope those voting on the supplements get everything they want. They deserve it for having the fortitude to stand up for themselves.

Ahh,.....Thank you for the correct vote totals.....I was winging it off the top of my head, but I knew it wasn't by very much that the contract last time got ratified.

Still,......1500 members last time,.......2,000+ members this time,.......in spite of a concessionary, divisive contract that affected EVERYONE....Voters and non-voters,.......?

Why is the....."non-voting"....total....growing? I would think this time,.....after everyone aware of ABF's barely concealed snickering up their corporate sleeves upon ratification last contract vote,......and the concurrent handout of corporate bonuses, buying of "asset-light" companies, and building of new corporate headquarters for ArcBest and Panther,.........That, pretty much EVERYONE would vote this contract.....

Can it be that many...Union Brothers and Sisters have.....given up....on the last remaining vestige of having a "voice" at work,.....and have bowed their heads submissively and held out their wrists so that the economic "shackles" can be applied?

I think your rite. If a person didn’t vote he or she is just either going with the flow or believes the union is completely rite and is getting the best deal possible.

Ahh,.....Thank you for the correct vote totals.....I was winging it off the top of my head, but I knew it wasn't by very much that the contract last time got ratified.

Still,......1500 members last time,.......2,000+ members this time,.......in spite of a concessionary, divisive contract that affected EVERYONE....Voters and non-voters,.......?

Why is the....."non-voting"....total....growing? I would think this time,.....after everyone aware of ABF's barely concealed snickering up their corporate sleeves upon ratification last contract vote,......and the concurrent handout of corporate bonuses, buying of "asset-light" companies, and building of new corporate headquarters for ArcBest and Panther,.........That, pretty much EVERYONE would vote this contract.....

Can it be that many...Union Brothers and Sisters have.....given up....on the last remaining vestige of having a "voice" at work,.....and have bowed their heads submissively and held out their wrists so that the economic "shackles" can be applied?

There was 2700+ that didn't vote on this contract. It was somewhere around 9500 eligible voters and 6700 voted. Those are round numbers obviously.

I think buying power has really decreased with concessionary contracts covering the last decade. Teamsters are working week to week, paycheck to paycheck and they're scared to death of a strike. It doesn't matter that Hoffa has never authorized one, the mere threat makes them **** down their leg.

It's sad, really. We left so much on the table and didn't really put up much of a fight. I'm absolutely disgusted with the was the IBT sold the last 2 contracts as well.

I think a lot of the extra non voting numbers are the casual members they let vote this time. They came up with like 9500 teamsters working here. Last contract was about 8500. Don’t know where all these extra drivers are coming from. The boards I see really haven’t added drivers as far as the road side anyways. Who knows I guess?