Local run shuffle

viller

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey I realize most of this section is road drivers but was just wondering if any of the other local terminal drivers runs were being changed up.
I've been on the same local run for 8 yrs and last Mon. all that changed. Term. manager decided it was time for all the runs to be changed, been in 4 different areas this week (doesn't really matter to me one way or another where I go-it all pays the same to me)
Just wondering if this was a company wide thing or just happening here?

Sounds to me like the terminal manager is trying to see if any of the drivers are "stretching the clock",possibly on some of the longer peddles.It could also be a way of evening out the hours amongst city drivers.Right now,I would advise all drivers to dot their "I,s" and cross their "T,s"....Can you advise what terminal you run out of???

Villa,I haven't heard a thing about it.that doesn't mean it didn't come down from the hill.it could be that your TM is trying new things to get production up at your terminal.he 's probably evaluating each and everyone of you alls work habits.whos really doing their job or goofing off.they are trying a lot of ways to cut cost,even if it means getting rid of none productive workers.lol

Sounds to me like the terminal manager is trying to see if any of the drivers are "stretching the clock",possibly on some of the longer peddles.It could also be a way of evening out the hours amongst city drivers.Right now,I would advise all drivers to dot their "I,s" and cross their "T,s"....Can you advise what terminal you run out of???

Out of Hope Mills. I was thinking that was what they were doing but wasn't sure if it was company wide or just our little corner of the world.

Thanks for the help.

Hey I realize most of this section is road drivers but was just wondering if any of the other local terminal drivers runs were being changed up.
I've been on the same local run for 8 yrs and last Mon. all that changed. Term. manager decided it was time for all the runs to be changed, been in 4 different areas this week (doesn't really matter to me one way or another where I go-it all pays the same to me)
Just wondering if this was a company wide thing or just happening here?

Possibly your run is being cut and combined with other local runs if it is light???

My guess is that the manager is trying to even out hours but that is just a guess. Sometimes it is good to mix things up a little bit to break the day to day routine but typically I like the same drivers on the same routes as they get to know the customers well. I would hope that all drivers are trying to dot "I's" and cross "T's" when doing their job as that means we are doing a good job for our customers.

Also Viller,this is an open forum to all employees.Dockworkers,P and D,linehaul,shuttle,mechanics,and management.Tell your workmates about this site...

Villa,I haven't heard a thing about it.that doesn't mean it didn't come down from the hill.it could be that your TM is trying new things to get production up at your terminal.he 's probably evaluating each and everyone of you alls work habits.whos really doing their job or goofing off.they are trying a lot of ways to cut cost,even if it means getting rid of none productive workers.lol

Nothing coming from the hill other than asking everyone to be productive and keep our cost down with the shape the industry is in. As far as getting rid of non productive indidivuals, all I will say is that we need everyone to be productive, hourly and salaried, and if they aren't we really don't need excess baggage, now or anytime, on the payroll. I know that might sound harsh but in any company there are always a handful of slackers. If there are those that are non-productive then we do not need them on the payroll taking up hours or miles that our more productive and quality employees could have.

However, I would say that at least 95% of our people do a very good job, are productive, and care about the job they perform each day.

Also Viller,this is an open forum to all employees.Dockworkers,P and D,linehaul,shuttle,mechanics,and management.Tell your workmates about this site...

No offense meant, new here and didn't see that many post from other local drivers.
I think our runs are being switched up to allow drivers to learn more routes and give management more flexibility in day-to-day operation. Just wondering if other terminals were doing the same.

As a city driver one way we can help is start bringing in sales leads. There are no new companies opening up so we must steal the freight from other carriers.
Our TM has started to put the heat on some of the older drivers that feel they don't have to perform. He has told some of the drivers that start times and routes are not given to seniority drivers, they are earned.