TForce | Local Suppliment!!!!

boats

TB Regular
Credits
Now that we can move on. We got 60 days to negotiate a local suppliment. I know we got stewards and committee members on here. So lets throw some ideas out there about what you would like to see negotiated in your local suppliment. Remember pay & bennies are not negotiable.

I'll start off thanks to renegades313's idea. This thread could be very informational and helpful if kept professional. We would like to get rid off the fill-in-board and just have the extra-board. Would like to bid twice per year. Same months every year. I know they can still make us bid if they are major changes. Two hr call notice. Meaning they have to give sufficient time to come to work. The runaround language. I got more but can't think of them as of right now.

Now that we can move on. We got 60 days to negotiate a local supplement. I know we got stewards and committee members on here. So lets throw some ideas out there about what you would like to see negotiated in your local supplement. Remember pay & bennies are not negotiable.

..well I for one want it clear and simple what I`m expected of.I`m a road driver who's pull time is 9:00 am..now am I to now hit the clock 30 min. early so as to log up,hookup,pretrip,flip placards..or what ever...

...now whats the schedule going to be for hook ups..30min to hook a set..what about breaking a set and hooking a set..or triples..or having to break several sets...breaking sets and then putting them to the dock,fence or wherever....

..what about sickness...say I have a bout with the green apple quick steps..the old practice was they wanted two hours notice.. I can see the need to make sure this is not abused..but to get a doctors excuse for merely missing a day or two is ludicrous..

Now that we can move on. We got 60 days to negotiate a local suppliment. I know we got stewards and committee members on here. So lets throw some ideas out there about what you would like to see negotiated in your local suppliment. Remember pay & bennies are not negotiable.

When we start working on the supplements the union rep told us he could bring in CF or ABF old contract for some ideas. What you think?:funky:

..well I for one want it clear and simple what I`m expected of.I`m a road driver who's pull time is 9:00 am..now am I to now hit the clock 30 min. early so as to log up,hookup,pretrip,flip placards..or what ever...

...now whats the schedule going to be for hook ups..30min to hook a set..

Once each barn goes through the re-bidding process for the first time...

Line-Haul bids are going to have to be reflective of your concern...

These runs are not going to be posted as cut times... they will be posted as actual times that you are expected to be on site...

Which will (or should) allow for the allotted time necessary for instruction, pwk, hooking and pre-trip...

If the company is going to set the allotted time at one half hour earlier then it was... and it takes you longer... then it just takes you longer... they may need to adjust their bids to compensate if everyone is taking longer then the half hour to do everything they need to do...

Past practice may also figure into determining what time bids are set for...

example:

I am expected to be on site one hour before departure...

I have a 20:00 cut time... so my bid will have to reflect a 19:00 start time...

When we start working on the supplements the union rep told us he could bring in CF or ABF old contract for some ideas. What you think?:funky:

Skeeter I think it's a good idea. We grabbed the NJ-NY suppliment and started to get the right wording to negotiate some of our issues regarding to linehaul.

Skeeter I think it's a good idea. We grabbed the NJ-NY suppliment and started to get the right wording to negotiate some of our issues regarding to linehaul.

Under Article 41 I don't see where any employees will be allowed to be on this committee to make sure our concerns are addressed. I have just got done speaking to our BA on this subject. I am waiting for a reply on that question. I was asked to email any past practice policy's that needed to be addressed. I also was informed that the Teamsters are well aware of past practice seniority issues. Also that Negotiations for supplements has already begun. With that said, In my opinion, my first question has been answered regarding employees being part of this Joint Committee.

Under Article 41 I don't see where any employees will be allowed to be on this committee to make sure our concerns are addressed. I have just got done speaking to our BA on this subject. I am waiting for a reply on that question. I was asked to email any past practice policy's that needed to be addressed. I also was informed that the Teamsters are well aware of past practice seniority issues. Also that Negotiations for supplements has already begun. With that said, In my opinion, my first question has been answered regarding employees being part of this Joint Committee.

We were told to bring up our issues to the elected negotiating committee. They are supposed to bring up our issues to local that represents you. The local will negotiate with local management/company. That's how we were told it would work. The local also received a copy of our old rule book. I know your a crediable member. But I'm just stating what we were told by our local 707 and I don't have any reason to not believe them or you. There's some miscommunication going on.

We were told to bring up our issues to the elected negotiating committee. They are supposed to bring up our issues to local that represents you. The local will negotiate with local management/company. That's how we were told it would work. The local also received a copy of our old rule book. I know your a crediable member. But I'm just stating what we were told by our local 707 and I don't have any reason to not believe them or you. There's some miscommunication going on.

Yes, I understand, You know as many questions as I get answered here on these boards and with our local BA, I am still not clear as to whether I got the real deal. I will just follow protocol and stay on top of it all the best that I can.

I have every suppliment if you want one just tell me, so you can read over and get an idea of what other companies are offering

UPS parcel:
2396472906_c66ee73241_o.jpg

DHL:
2396472862_85492d0dac_o.jpg

NMFA:
2396472878_b51758af0a_o.jpg

..Overnite... anything jump out at ya out of any of them...are there any links to any of the freight sub`s so we can get a feel for what to look out for ...thanks

...now whats the schedule going to be for hook ups..30min to hook a set..what about breaking a set and hooking a set..or triples..or having to break several sets...breaking sets and then putting them to the dock,fence or wherever....

..what about sickness...say I have a bout with the green apple quick steps..the old practice was they wanted two hours notice.. I can see the need to make sure this is not abused..but to get a doctors excuse for merely missing a day or two is ludicrous..

You don't do any work off the clock. And let me throw a wrench in the works. If you are a linedriver at a 24-7 terminal, you should have hostlers stringing your sets.