TForce | Local Suppliment!!!!

..whats a hostlers...jockey..

Yes, we call them hostlers out here in Colorado. It is a bid job. It is their work to hook and split all sets and to put trailers to the dock. At our terminal we have a very small road board, 12 drivers, who service outlying EOLs. We have shuttle drivers who serve close in EOLs. The shuttle drivers are part of the city/dock board so they have to string and unhook their own trailers, but road drivers do not. Of course, we also have road units arriving and departing continually from several other breakbulks. Those drivers pull into the inbound lanes where hostlers then take them to the pad to break them down and hook to pre-strung outbound sets.

dallas put out a memo that stated road drivers are to break their set and to put them by the fence, then hook your outbound set, fuel, pre-trip then leave!

I have every suppliment if you want one just tell me, so you can read over and get an idea of what other companies are offering

UPS parcel:
2396472906_c66ee73241_o.jpg

DHL:
2396472862_85492d0dac_o.jpg

NMFA:
2396472878_b51758af0a_o.jpg
Hey how about the upstate NY that would be great and helpful if you could send it down the line. I would appreciate it.:1036316054:

Under Article 41 I don't see where any employees will be allowed to be on this committee to make sure our concerns are addressed. I have just got done speaking to our BA on this subject. I am waiting for a reply on that question. I was asked to email any past practice policy's that needed to be addressed. I also was informed that the Teamsters are well aware of past practice seniority issues. Also that Negotiations for supplements has already begun. With that said, In my opinion, my first question has been answered regarding employees being part of this Joint Committee.

Buster,
My BA explained the procedure to me as follows. The local will be supplying the rank and file with a form to list their major concerns, wants needs, etc... Once the froms were handed back to the steward and turned into the hall or taken directly to the hall by the members, a comittee, of rank and file members, would be formed, to review the concerns. Then a list of the most adressed issues would be submitted to the jointly chaired negoiating comittee for negoiation.
I had never been involved in a local supplement before, and that is what prompted me to adress this with my BA. And I'm sure each local will have their own procedure, just explaining ours.
Hope this helps:smilie_132:

Buster,
My BA explained the procedure to me as follows. The local will be supplying the rank and file with a form to list their major concerns, wants needs, etc... Once the froms were handed back to the steward and turned into the hall or taken directly to the hall by the members, a comittee, of rank and file members, would be formed, to review the concerns. Then a list of the most adressed issues would be submitted to the jointly chaired negoiating comittee for negoiation.
I had never been involved in a local supplement before, and that is what prompted me to adress this with my BA. And I'm sure each local will have their own procedure, just explaining ours.
Hope this helps:smilie_132:

My BA advised today that there will be 6 regional suppliments and that they will not be by terminal. doens't sound good if it ends up anything like the contract. Also the locals will not have anyone present at the negotiations for suppliments. It will all be done by the international and only with some input from the locals

My BA advised today that there will be 6 regional suppliments and that they will not be by terminal. doens't sound good if it ends up anything like the contract. Also the locals will not have anyone present at the negotiations for suppliments. It will all be done by the international and only with some input from the locals

Your BA name is? I doubt they talk to you at all. :nutkick:

This question is for the Indy local drivers only please. How did you all set up your city drivers seniority board? Did you use time of hire our something else. Just asking.

Your BA name is? I doubt they talk to you at all. :nutkick:

Kevin M He was at the terminal the other day and had a meeting with everyone and stated that the way it was looking is that it will be headed to regional suppliments and the locals for the region will meet in washington to negotiate within 60-90 days.

I think that if UPS mileage guys and gals are allowed to run the speed limit and can charge delay if the tractor will not do it....Then we need to make it part of our supplemental package also....Time is money and it gets the freight there faster....I understand the money difference in package and freight but this is about keeping the pay equal across the board....

I think that if UPS mileage guys and gals are allowed to run the speed limit and can charge delay if the tractor will not do it....Then we need to make it part of our supplemental package also....Time is money and it gets the freight there faster....I understand the money difference in package and freight but this is about keeping the pay equal across the board....

Monetary value will not be negotiated in regional suppliments. Straight from the hall.

Kevin M He was at the terminal the other day and had a meeting with everyone and stated that the way it was looking is that it will be headed to regional suppliments and the locals for the region will meet in washington to negotiate within 60-90 days.

You have stated in the past that the Teamsters have mislead the workers, maybe there misleading you again. Also, we were told that the supplements would be regional since last year. this is nothing new.

You have stated in the past that the Teamsters have mislead the workers, maybe there misleading you again. Also, we were told that the supplements would be regional since last year. this is nothing new.

They sure mislead us again in our paychecks with the differential pay! Nothing was ever mentioned by the teamsters advising that our pay would be cut to dock pay when working the dock. Do you not call this misleading?

They sure mislead us again in our paychecks with the differential pay! Nothing was ever mentioned by the teamsters advising that our pay would be cut to dock pay when working the dock. Do you not call this misleading?

I am a city driver, Read article 29 MAINTENACE OF STANDARDS.

At no time has the company prior to the sighning of this contract ever degraded my pay to dock with CDL, or fulltime dockworker.

They have not (according to this Article ) maintained not less than the highest standards in effect at the time of sighning of this Agreement.

With this being said if I can get my rate across party lines, then why cant road drivers. After all I am local cartage.