TForce | Local Suppliment!!!!

I am a city driver, Read article 29 MAINTENACE OF STANDARDS.

At no time has the company prior to the sighning of this contract ever degraded my pay to dock with CDL, or fulltime dockworker.

They have not (according to this Article ) maintained not less than the highest standards in effect at the time of sighning of this Agreement.

With this being said if I can get my rate across party lines, then why cant road drivers. After all I am local cartage.

Then it is not being enforced at your location. We are made to swipe to the dock (Local Cartage not Road Driver) when we go to our trailers. It showed on my stub as differential -$6.55.

contract clearly says you will be paid according to the work you are performing.

Yes, it does, I am a city driver so I get paid for driving in the city, BUT Clause 18 section 4 which you are stating here, is in direct contridiction of the MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS clause , ARTICLE 29. for the simple fact that this was not practice prior to the sighning of this Agreement FOR CITY DRIVERS.

And I, like most can ,go onto UPSERS.COM and print paystubs for the past year, and at no time was I made to take a differential for dock work.

The maintenance of standards clause simply states the company cannot give less then what was in practice at the time of the sighning of this agreement or anytime prior to the sighning of this agreement. But must infact give the same or give better.

These people are giving me less per hour for dockwork which is not past practice .

And yes this is happening in our terminal, and we are greiving this!!!!!

Then it is not being enforced at your location. We are made to swipe to the dock (Local Cartage not Road Driver) when we go to our trailers. It showed on my stub as differential -$6.55.

I had $25.00 taken out of mine and I was furious. Again this is not past practice. Greive it based on MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS, and make sure you introduce them to ARTICLE 18 SECTION 4 as well. Tell your BA. We are also being told to swipe 10,000 times as well, and our guy's are refusing to swipe to the dock, they do not want to loose money.

The "MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS" article only covers provisions not clarified in the contract. It says " subject to the provisions of this Agreement"

The pay differential is stated in

Article 18 section 4

Work in Other Classifications
Full and casual employees will be paid an hourly rate commensurate with the work they are performing.​

The "MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS" article only covers provisions not clarified in the contract. It says " subject to the provisions of this Agreement"

The pay differential is stated in

Article 18 section 4

Work in Other Classifications​

Full and casual employees will be paid an hourly rate commensurate with the work they are performing.​

Apperently you do not know what is being "maintained at not less then the highest standards in effect at the time of sighning of this agreement".

How can anyone be subject to the provisions of this agreement if it has not been sighned into ratification yet by both parties. this article speaks of past and present. " AT THE TIME OF SIGHNING OF THIS AGREEMENT"."MAINTIANED" Speaks of before and after. (The highest standards in effect at the time of sighning) was, I did get my PU&D rate for working the dock, prior to the sighning of this AGREEMENT.

but the new dock p&d rate is defined elsewhere in the contract that is where the " subject to the provisions of this Agreement" comes in.

If Article 18 section 4 were not in the contract then you would be correct.

but the new dock p&d rate is defined elsewhere in the contract that is where the " subject to the provisions of this Agreement" comes in.

Yes, but is not the highest nor the same as maintained for local PU&D.At the sighning of this agreement, when it never existed for local PU&D? It does now, but is in direct conflict of past practice.

It does say however, that a Road driver will get paid at the local cartage wage rate for dockwork. In article 26, section 4. PAID FOR TIME. That I most certainly misread.

Also, if you are looking for the local cartage rate for LOCAL/ROAD DRIVER. It is in article 26 section e. and nowhere in this section does it say "dock p&d" nor in any referance therof.

Also, if someone is in progression, this contract under ARTICLE 26 section c, states anyone in progression will get paid thier progressed rate for the following, JOCKEY, HELPER or DOCK WORK.

We do have people in progression for PU&D who are being penalized for swiping into these catagories from PU&D.

Now that too is in contridiction of article 18 section 4. This was past practice. which would fall inline with "MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS" .

Monetary value will not be negotiated in regional suppliments. Straight from the hall.

When you are mileage the faster you go the more you make....It is not actually getting paid more it is just doing it quicker....Less hours means more per hour.....For the driver....The company is not actually paying out anymore money....

Kevin M He was at the terminal the other day and had a meeting with everyone and stated that the way it was looking is that it will be headed to regional suppliments and the locals for the region will meet in washington to negotiate within 60-90 days.

The UPS Freight Labor Man told the local union today that the company is NOT ready to discuss any local agrements.

The process is going much faster than anyone had antipated.

They are waiting for corporate to give them the instructions for this.

i know most of you drivers dont give a crap but they are breaking rules like crazy on the dock probably at the hubs.......lets take astand together....you know for the freights sake!:1036316054:

..ok guys we here in gbo got over supplement forms..well basically a blank sheet in which to name issues our not covered in the contract...our BA informed me to tell the guys to put down any and all issues and work rules and PRACTICES...that last word encompasses a lot of topics ;soooo.....and he wants it back by the 9th....heck we have been working on the the stewards for 2 wks....sheeesh... these supp I believe will be more contentious and will take time....soo might tell the guys to start on them ...like...last wk.....can somebody slow down this merry-go-round...

..ok guys we here in gbo got over supplement forms..well basically a blank sheet in which to name issues our not covered in the contract...our BA informed me to tell the guys to put down any and all issues and work rules and PRACTICES...that last word encompasses a lot of topics ;soooo.....and he wants it back by the 9th....heck we have been working on the the stewards for 2 wks....sheeesh... these supp I believe will be more contentious and will take time....soo might tell the guys to start on them ...like...last wk.....can somebody slow down this merry-go-round...

Up in these neck of the woods we've been working on it for some time now. Our local's been good about this with us, so far.