TForce | Local Union Organizing

Bmftrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
I just got off the phone a few minutes ago with Andy M. who is the IBT Western Regional Director. He was returning my call in regards to why we haven't heard squat from our local (150). I was explaining that our support has never been higher at our terminal and the time to act is RIGHT NOW!!! He made a few calls and so far can't get much info. He said that the locals that are contacting K. Hall and letting him know their support is feverish are the ones currently organizing. Evidentally our local isn't conveying true and accurate information up the chain. Whether they're lazy, scared or both I don't know. However, he said he will pursue this through a couple more avenues and he also has calls in to a couple of regional vice presidents about my statements. Any of you who feel your local is stringing you along should definitely take steps to go around them. This is our future and we can't wait for them to decide when we are worthy of their efforts. I'm committed to getting this done ASAp because we all know support is a fickle thing. Management can due a 180 and several people will no longer be upset enough to care. I think we would still have a slight majority but why wait to see how it plays out?

I am sure they are doing what they feel is right, the last thing they want is to try and organize a terminal and fail.

There not gonna go all out becuase an enployee tells them now is the time.

I am sure they are doing what they feel is right, the last thing they want is to try and organize a terminal and fail.

There not gonna go all out becuase an enployee tells them now is the time.

We'll see what happens. Like I said, our local isn't even returning our phone calls. They are pretty much ignoring us. So hopefully the big boys will really take notice and we'll see some movement on the part of our local.

I just got off the phone a few minutes ago with Andy M. who is the IBT Western Regional Director. He was returning my call in regards to why we haven't heard squat from our local (150). I was explaining that our support has never been higher at our terminal and the time to act is RIGHT NOW!!! He made a few calls and so far can't get much info. He said that the locals that are contacting K. Hall and letting him know their support is feverish are the ones currently organizing. Evidentally our local isn't conveying true and accurate information up the chain. Whether they're lazy, scared or both I don't know. However, he said he will pursue this through a couple more avenues and he also has calls in to a couple of regional vice presidents about my statements. Any of you who feel your local is stringing you along should definitely take steps to go around them. This is our future and we can't wait for them to decide when we are worthy of their efforts. I'm committed to getting this done ASAp because we all know support is a fickle thing. Management can due a 180 and several people will no longer be upset enough to care. I think we would still have a slight majority but why wait to see how it plays out?

I can't say our Local in Dallas is doing nothing! The organizer here in the Dallas area is communicating with us very well but it seems the process to get the cards is taking some time. We did a roster checkoff (the local requested this) with all of the Dallas and Garland terminal just to make sure we had over the 65% support last week. Dallas had over 65% support and Garland had over 93% support and that is a total of 527 employees! The roster was turned into the Local a week later and we were told a certified letter to the IBT Legal Dept. was sent this week with all this information and phone call made to the IBT Legal Dept. telling them of the readiness of these 2 terminals. But as we currently stand we were told that Ken H. must speak with our Secretary Treasure for some reason!?! The Local told the IBT Legal Dept. we are ready and wanted the cards yesterday but was told this call has to be made prior to finding out when the cards will arrive....etc. I just can't figure out why Ken H. needs to speak with the Secretary Treasure before anyone knows anything about the cards but I do know the time in Dallas is NOW! I have never seen these guys and gals this UNITED! Does anyone have any ideas why Ken H. would need to speak with them....with 93% of Garland ready to go 57 total employees and 75-80% of Dallas 469 total employees and these 2 terminals are just 10 miles across town in the same area ready to go!

We got more than enough in NBR and they haven't posted us on their website. We got a meeting this weekend. Let you know what happens.

I never could understand why it took so long for Reddaway, in Sacramento, to take advantage of their card check agreement. I don't know if your terminal uses the same local as Reddaways' terminal in Sacramento, but it was a real battle to convince them to sign. Locals from So. Cal. sent their organizers up their to help facilitate the process. And they got the majority shortly after. Sounds like their may be a problem with organizers up their in the golden states' capital. Just one mans' observation. Elvis out...

well lets be honest, were all humans, tm's and union organizers, some people just see there job as a paycheck, and don't care about the next person.

Just Got Back From The Clt Meeting.it Went Ok But The Only Thing I Found Ou Was That The Dock,city Drivers And Jockeys Are Under 1 Senority List.that Meansif A Dock Guy That Has More Senority And Gets His Cdl Can Bump A City Driver.

We got more than enough in NBR and they haven't posted us on their website. We got a meeting this weekend. Let you know what happens.

how's Jack O. doing, he got sent up there to finally be the one to straighten that mess out. He is a good guy. He will turn that place around too.

J But The Only Thing I Found Ou Was That The Dock,city Drivers And Jockeys Are Under 1 Senority List.that Meansif A Dock Guy That Has More Senority And Gets His Cdl Can Bump A City Driver.

Whats wrong with that? Isn't that what seniority is all about?

There was a discussion earlier where most people want a single seniority board.

Indy has 2. One for road one for the rest.

If I understand the Indy contract regarding this, There are two lists, Road & City, At Bid time you can bid in either classification with your full time company hire date (seniority). If you choose to move to another classification before bid, You go to the bottom untill bid time.