TForce | Local Union Organizing

Ok lets try this plan.....wait until your individual region gets into the regional supplemental aggreement process and see what you can accomplish thru a collective bargain process. lol Just poking fun at all of us!

rocketmann,
One more thing, This seniority issue that I speak of, (one list) will go up for vote in the New England suppliments. The employee's will decide.:1036316054:

Ok lets try this plan.....wait until your individual region gets into the regional supplemental aggreement process and see what you can accomplish thru a collective bargain process. lol Just poking fun at all of us!

And you are correct, any changes we make in the contract will be voted on and the employee's of New England will decide the future of our regional contract.:1036316054:

This whole 1 seniority list thing is not a Teamsters thing. It's a how will it affect me thing. It's big in the New England and Mid-Atlantic region. As was stated by some other teamsters. If guys in New England want that, fine. That's what they want. If guys in different regions want to keep it the same way it is. Is that a reason to say they want the teamster with O rules? There are union barns with so-called O rules. It all comes down to what your peers want in that particular region. Our local told us it's up to us. The members. If the majority want 1 list so be it. If the majority want 3 list so be it. It's what the majority want.

This whole 1 seniority list thing is not a Teamsters thing. It's a how will it affect me thing. It's big in the New England and Mid-Atlantic region. As was stated by some other teamsters. If guys in New England want that, fine. That's what they want. If guys in different regions want to keep it the same way it is. Is that a reason to say they want the teamster with O rules? There are union barns with so-called O rules. It all comes down to what your peers want in that particular region. Our local told us it's up to us. The members. If the majority want 1 list so be it. If the majority want 3 list so be it. It's what the majority want.

I know out west it would not be popular at all (1) board. But do you know if the bidding process is twice a year or once a year for union companies?

I know out west it would not be popular at all (1) board. But do you know if the bidding process is twice a year or once a year for union companies?

I haven't heard anything about the bidding process as of yet. The company might still determine that. But to be honest. Don't know. I'm sure STL or HBF would know.

I am saying ONLY at bid time all employee's P&D and Road drivers should be able to use there seniority to bid into what ever classification they choose. Its pretty simple. My example of a tragic reason was just that an example. Maybe I will get tired of running the road. I have been running the road for 25 years with this company. Maybe a city driver has been running the city for 25 years and is ready for a change, Why should he go to the bottom. Same company, Same terminal. If we are allowed to bid into any classification there needs to be no reason. Here in New England this has been done with the teamsters. I have not mentioned anything about transfers, But since you brought it up, Thats another story and under teamster contracts, Transfers go to the bottom unless it was a forced transfer. And we will try to negotiate this into the contract. We started this New England organizing years ago, WHY?? Because of major seniority issues. Not to mention, same work rules, overtime, and delay pay. We will fight to get One list on seniorit bidding.:1036316054:

Buster I fully understand the your logic of use of company senority, senority a employee has obtained by the length of service they have spent @ that company.

In your opinion that employee should be able to use that senority when switching job classification (voluntarily) @ bid time correct?
If that holds true then why would you expect a employee who changes location (voluntarily) within the same company to go to the bottom of that senority list regardless of that employees years of service?

I really don't see where that is a different story @ all. It all comes down to whether we want to call this "senority" or "super senority"
Take care
Be Safe

Buster I fully understand the your logic of use of company senority, senority a employee has obtained by the length of service they have spent @ that company.

In your opinion that employee should be able to use that senority when switching job classification (voluntarily) @ bid time correct?
If that holds true then why would you expect a employee who changes location (voluntarily) within the same company to go to the bottom of that senority list regardless of that employees years of service?

I really don't see where that is a different story @ all. It all comes down to whether we want to call this "senority" or "super senority"
Take care
Be Safe

I can only tell you what the rules of seniority have been in the teamsters. Some rules of seniority in the teamsters change per region. New England has always had their transfer policy's set so that you go to the bottom on a voluntary transfer. New England has been known to follow one seniority list. Again this will be brought to the table and the employee's of New England will decide.:1036316054:

I can only tell you what the rules of seniority have been in the teamsters. Some rules of seniority in the teamsters change per region. New England has always had their transfer policy's set so that you go to the bottom on a voluntary transfer. New England has been known to follow one seniority list. Again this will be brought to the table and the employee's of New England will decide.:1036316054:
MASTER LIST!!! :1036316054:

The Teamster with "O" rules thing came about, because we are so used to the "O" rules being broken and abused as they are now. The rules we have now some what mimic other teamster policy's and rules. The problem, Managment most often did not follow them and changed them as a matter of convenience. Its a great thing that the employee's will decide what type of seniority list will be set in place and even better, we will have the peace on mind knowing that the rules will be followed.:1036316054:

The Teamster with "O" rules thing came about, because we are so used to the "O" rules being broken and abused as they are now. The rules we have now some what mimic other teamster policy's and rules. The problem, Managment most often did not follow them and changed them as a matter of convenience. Its a great thing that the employee's will decide what type of seniority list will be set in place and even better, we will have the peace on mind knowing that the rules will be followed.:1036316054:

I agree with your post. Just wanted to state that the union company's have 2 different list also. Just depends on the region and in our case the members.

I agree with your post. Just wanted to state that the union company's have 2 different list also. Just depends on the region and in our case the members.
Boats,
In St. Louis Yellow and Roadway actually have 3 seniority lists.......Road....City....and Dock.

Bring on the master.............:1036316054:

Buster
Thx for the exchange of ideas, opinions and experiences. Senority/boards seems like THE real hot button issue in this whole process. As a RDDR I talk to guys from all over our region, and, just like on this board, it appears there are alot of different opinions.There doesn't seem to be a clear cut answer to this question.

I've noticed that some of the other posters here have referenced the "Master" but as we have shown, that is not the answer either, as that seems to differ from reigon to region, local to local and barn to barn. I know the scenarios I gave were ones that I had experienced here in the Central States region, and I believe you referenced the New England area.

I do agree with you in the area of bringing it to a vote, and letting the majority decide how it will be in each individual agreement.
Thx again for the exchange:1036316054:
Take care
Be safe

Hey guys.......not to scratch around in your sand box too much, here's how I interpret the Indy contract.

There will be two seniority classifications. Road and City. Within the city you will have P+D, jockey and dock, also separate lists.

Work will be bid on separately by classifications.

You will only be able to bid outside of your classification if there is an opening. I haven't seen mentioned where there is a "penalty" like a year and a day, as in our NMFA.

Bids will be put up semi annually or as needed.

Hope this helps. DS.

Buster
Thx for the exchange of ideas, opinions and experiences. Senority/boards seems like THE real hot button issue in this whole process. As a RDDR I talk to guys from all over our region, and, just like on this board, it appears there are alot of different opinions.There doesn't seem to be a clear cut answer to this question.

I've noticed that some of the other posters here have referenced the "Master" but as we have shown, that is not the answer either, as that seems to differ from reigon to region, local to local and barn to barn. I know the scenarios I gave were ones that I had experienced here in the Central States region, and I believe you referenced the New England area.

I do agree with you in the area of bringing it to a vote, and letting the majority decide how it will be in each individual agreement.
Thx again for the exchange:1036316054:
Take care
Be safe

I agree as well. this should all be done democratically which would be to allow the employees in each bargaining unit to vote one way or the other. The only real question is..... Is most of this already set in stone as far as UPS is concerned? We know the company and the union came to several agreements prior to the Indy contract being issued. Unfortunately, as of yet, we don't know where there will be any latitude given. It's a waiting game for now!!!!!

and who has the final word on transfers? The transferring terminal or the transferee terminal.

Both. They have to mutually agree. there has to be an opening for you to fill at the new yard AND you can't leave the current operation in a lurch. They only have to approve it if it causes no harm to the terminal's operation. Once they've agreed, it has to be approved by the regional mgmt.