TForce | Local Union Organizing

I am the one that is tired, I meant who deceides what the policy is for transfers?

The gaining terminal?

Hey guys,
In a COO the 2 locals as well as the compay get together and decide how many employees will be affected, agree and offer that much work to the losing terminal.
GENERALLY The transfering employees would DOVETAIL their senority. Again this will depend on local agreements and SOMETIMES they ENDTAIL.

Hey guys.......not to scratch around in your sand box too much, here's how I interpret the Indy contract.

There will be two seniority classifications. Road and City. Within the city you will have P+D, jockey and dock, also separate lists.

Work will be bid on separately by classifications.

You will only be able to bid outside of your classification if there is an opening. I haven't seen mentioned where there is a "penalty" like a year and a day, as in our NMFA.

Bids will be put up semi annually or as needed.

Hope this helps. DS.

DS
That is how I read it as well. There is been so much speculation @ our terminal in regards to this issue I was trying to get feedback on how everyone else was approaching it. AND BOY DID I :hysterical:
I can't help but get the feeling that Brown was in the drivers seat on this, and this will be on of the non-negotiable Articles in the contract. BTW as far as I'm concerned don't ever feel like your'e intruding on our boards, the more the merrier. I post elsewhere as well.:smilie_132:
Take care
Be Safe

Everyone sing along with me .......... LIFE IS GOOD,
LIFE IS GREAT,
I LOVE MY JOB,
AT UPS FREIGHT........
Kinda catchy huh????????