SAIA | Locked 53's ??

jakethebrake

TB Lurker
Credits
Anyone in linehaul ever gone in to a small closed terminal (femced in and secure)wirh a set of loaded pups only to find that there are no mt pups. so Central says to take an mt 53. The terminal has 8 53's--all mt--all with gladhand locks on them. No keys in site, central unaware of this practice.

Only option is to unload pups. Kinda tough when this will press you up against 14 hrs.

Anyone in linehaul ever gone in to a small closed terminal (femced in and secure)wirh a set of loaded pups only to find that there are no mt pups. so Central says to take an mt 53. The terminal has 8 53's--all mt--all with gladhand locks on them. No keys in site, central unaware of this practice.

Only option is to unload pups. Kinda tough when this will press you up against 14 hrs.

Where you out of and where is this happening?

had same thing happen 2 me,i called in terminal mgr,he was not a happy camper,but this was not my problem or care,i left town with a smile on my face,see ya.:party-smiley-017:

that's absolutely rediculous. i've never ran into that problem luckily. in the CLT region they are trying to lock down a certain number of 48's for city use, but i don't see why they would do that with 53's. you couldn't have just grabbed a 48? that's what i do..just b/c they have you set up to take a 53 does not mean you can't take a 48.

If you have to unload the pups, don't make it easy for them to clear their dock. When they start to raise a fuss, then the explanation of them preventing the problem by making empty equipment available should be presented. We care we share! :smilie_132:

I've run into this problem before, except where I work they like to seal the mty's, all we can do is call central dispatch for an mty list or just start popping seals until you find an mty. I don't think there is any reason for this. I can really feel your frustration on this.

I've run into this problem before, except where I work they like to seal the mty's, all we can do is call central dispatch for an mty list or just start popping seals until you find an mty. I don't think there is any reason for this. I can really feel your frustration on this.

that happens occasionally here too. it was really bad at our Fayettville terminal awhile back.

Everyone is suppose to have a glad hand and kind-pin lock keys!! But guess what no one does!! I had to call central and have them wake up the terminal manager one night also!! He sounded so sleepy at 3:00 am on a weekday!!

ever heard of a driver unloading pup's and tearing the freight up on purpose?leaving the biggest pile of busted up freight you've ever seen? i know one that did it every time.wow

Everyone is suppose to have a glad hand and kind-pin lock keys!! But guess what no one does!! I had to call central and have them wake up the terminal manager one night also!! He sounded so sleepy at 3:00 am on a weekday!!
Also had to wake TM up at home in HKY on a weekend. He was happy too. No access to this dock after hours.

ever heard of a driver unloading pup's and tearing the freight up on purpose?leaving the biggest pile of busted up freight you've ever seen? i know one that did it every time.wow

I know of one who left Styrofoam peanuts all over the dock because someone brought him a trailer with things that weren’t suppose to be loaded together!! Well the man didn’t make a mess on purpose but it looked like a winter wonderland when he was done!!

getting empty pups in ORL use to be a big problem on saturday night. they would leave their city frieght on pups in the yard, so drivers would have to put them to the dock and strip them. well i don't know if it were on purpose or not...but they were damaging so much freight, the TM made sure there were enough empties for the bid drivers to make it home saturday night without stripping a trailer.

In TUL they love to park city tractors under the empties so line guys over the weekend can’t take them!! I don’t know why they want them so bad but they do!! By the time they come in for city work the dock has already emptied trailers brought in!! I’ll tell you one thing breaking a seal and unloading is a lot harder than looking for keys!!

A drip of super glue goes a long way in the key hole.

:hysterical:

but seriously Dancing Chicken, it's too bad the 96 - 00 tractors don't have alike keys like our newer linehaul tractors do. if they did, moving those tractors wouldn't be problem if you carried copies with you. that's crazy though. i need to mention at my barn we make sure to empty out all trailers with the exception of liftgates on friday nights. why do we? so if a linehaul driver drops a loaded trailer, there is atleast mty vans if there are no pups. i don't understand these other terminals.