SEFL | Locks for P&D

mikejones234

TB Lurker
Credits
Got in trouble today for pulling an empty trailer with no lock on it. I was told that was a good way to loose my job:chairshot: anyone else had any problems. Also I heard that one of the safety men was on the cb the other night and wrote up a line haul driver for using profanity on the cb. safety man said he was on company property and was looking at him through the window. sounds like bs to me:hide:

We Were Told Every Trailer Pulled Would Have A Lock. They Said A Seal Would Not Work On Any City Load Even If Was A Drop Trailer For Somewhere With The Shippers Seal On It, We Still Have To Lock It. It Has To Do With The Tsa Policy, Our Safety Team In Lrk Talked About It.

mikejones234 , I am a p@d driver in WPB. Our saftey officer confirmed to me that any trailer that i pull , whether mty or loaded MUST have a padlock on it at all times. This is a federaly mandated action. NOT AN SEFL mandate. TSA juridiction rules. To me , there is a simple solution, lock the trailer with ur padlock whether ur loaded or mty. How much time and trouble does it take to lock a padlock? Lets see what' s more benificial puttimg a lock on or finding another job...........It's not brain surgery.....