XPO | Log violations with elog

Bloodwidow

TB Lurker
Credits
I was wondering how people that are on elogs feel about a driver that has a violation with them. An example would be punching in to early and being sent home for the day. I know it's a write up and put in your folder but I can see people abusing this to get a night off once or twice a year. I think after your barn has been on elog for say a month, there should be more consequences then that. Say first offense would be suspension for two days and get worse till termination. It just the way I feel.

I see it being used as a easy way to get a night off with day being booked up. And yes I understand people make mistakes but I see people going it on purpose. My barn has been on elog for two months or so and have had two people sent home because of early punches

I see it being used as a easy way to get a night off with day being booked up. And yes I understand people make mistakes but I see people going it on purpose. My barn has been on elog for two months or so and have had two people sent home because of early punches
I'm sure you get an un-excused for it. I would just call in instead of looking like a dummy...

Even if you can't drive the tractor you could work the dock. Yard dog. Whatever is necessary THEN go home and be put on extra short runs the rest of the week. Learning the hard way is still learning.

Only if you work at a big facility. In many areas, all you would get is about an hour of outbound. And the rest of the week, you should still get your bid run.

I don't think this is a concern for the company. If it becomes a widespread thing or you become a repeat offender I'm sure it will be dealt with appropriately. A lot of drivers like to think supervisors and their superiors are stupid.. I don't think they are as stupid as many like to think.

Just play by the rules.
Or find a more friendly company that focuses more on keeping a driver by treating them like they really do want them, verses spending time doing write ups. Most of us need jobs, so we go to work for a company. Why would a employee go the extra mile for a company when their mission is finding fault every time they can. You treat a employee like family with fairness in the work place & the company will get a bigger bang for their buck. Do un to them as they have done un to you.

Or find a more friendly company that focuses more on keeping a driver by treating them like they really do want them, verses spending time doing write ups. Most of us need jobs, so we go to work for a company. Why would a employee go the extra mile for a company when their mission is finding fault every time they can. You treat a employee like family with fairness in the work place & the company will get a bigger bang for their buck. Do un to them as they have done un to you.
Elogs are elogs. Play by the rules, and you don't have an issue. Every ltl will have this issue.

Only if you work at a big facility. In many areas, all you would get is about an hour of outbound. And the rest of the week, you should still get your bid run.
Even if you can't drive the tractor you could work the dock. Yard dog. Whatever is necessary THEN go home and be put on extra short runs the rest of the week. Learning the hard way is still learning.
If you want to clean up bad behavior , hit someone where it hurts - the pockets.

Most drivers that have some seniority and can choose to be linehaul or city but CHOOSE linehaul do so for the money. If you get "punished" by having to get only an hour of outbound versus your regular run , I bet there would be no more intentional Elog violations.

And I know there are a few drivers on linehaul for other reasons besides money.