long haul or short haul

then he is getting paid "peanuts"....

i run an average of 35-40 hours per week.....4 stops a night......5 nights per week....i get paid a "salary".......

we drive leased Penske tractors, and leased Hale trailers......

my truck is a 2010 Freight shaker day cab....the trailers are 2011 model year.

i got him beat...!!!! (as far as pay check that is)

so who's worker hard...really hard sometimes...and NOT making the money..????

i don't look good, but i got more money each week than he does..>!!!

then he is getting paid "peanuts"....

i run an average of 35-40 hours per week.....4 stops a night......5 nights per week....i get paid a "salary".......

we drive leased Penske tractors, and leased Hale trailers......

my truck is a 2010 Freight shaker day cab....the trailers are 2011 model year.

i got him beat...!!!! (as far as pay check that is)

so who's worker hard...really hard sometimes...and NOT making the money..????

i don't look good, but i got more money each week than he does..>!!!

I do 8000 miles a week in my big ol Petercar, 12 cent a mile, I gotcha beat, plus I look cool on my stool!!

I do 8000 miles a week in my big ol Petercar, 12 cent a mile, I gotcha beat, plus I look cool on my stool!!

hahahhahaha....if you "look good on your "stool"..............well............

some people might say that your "stool".....might be a bit squishy....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....and farts milk duds......

Those aren't milk duds.

I have a buddy that will only drive Peterbilt or KW. I asked him if he was offered a job making a 100k a year driving a volvo would he take it? He said nope I will not drive a volvo. He told his current employer when they bought 5 volvos that if they give him one he was going to quit and walk out. He said he wants to look good going down the road.

Tell ya what.

I have driven many different types of truck including the 'Hoods.

The "lookin' good" thing is nice, but when you run 130,000 to 150,000 miles a year, listening to the wind whistle through the door, feeling the cold air on your feet and listening to the noise the straight 8" stacks makes would get old quick.

I'm on my 3rd Volvo.

It is comfortable.

It is quiet inside.

My feet stay warm even when the outside temperature looks like this:

11370742086_c97e6e475b_b.jpg

11370796333_826d468ae5_b.jpg

I like volvos. Every one teases me because I like em. But there comfortable and that's what I want. I also like freightliner Cascadia. I've driven KW T800s and T660s and there nice. But small cabs.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I've driven KW T800s and T660s and there nice. But small cabs.

And noisy. You'll go deaf quick in trucks like that if you don't wear ear plugs.

But then some guys want to go deaf so they don't have to listen to the woman squawk.

funny-angry-owls-laughing_zps0ef60909.jpg

The T660s was quiet in the cab. No air leaks or anything

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

You must of had one of the only ones. Anytime I would wash the windshield of a KW off with a pressure washer, I would have to wipe the inside of the windshield down.

Guardrail

You must of had one of the only ones. Anytime I would wash the windshield of a KW off with a pressure washer, I would have to wipe the inside of the windshield down.

Guardrail

I've heard that from a lot of drivers who have driven the Kenworths.

There is a husband/wife owner operator team from Pennsylvania that run for the company I drive for. They won't have anything but Kenworth. Every one they have had since I have known them (they are on their third one now) has had issues with the fit of the windshields. The current one had to go back to the factory and have the opening reworked, because the glass would fall out of it.

So much for quality control.

I had a T-800 at FXF that the air shield on it would beat on the roof, I felt like driving over a cliff, I stuffed a towel up there between the shield and the roof and that cured it, then when it would go to the shop they would remove it, they finally found out it was something other KW's had issues with and fixed it somehow, I could turn the FM up as loud as it would go and still be able to hear it beating the roof. Bout drove me insane.

I think the new kind of truck driver just want a real nice truck that they can live in for week and go home, who cares what kinda money you make, me I like my beat up day cab that I drive I never made so much money before I jumped in a single axle brig one day then I was hooked be home all the time and make more money,. Hell I can be big rigger anyday..

A Haul is a Haul is a Haul.
A Load is a Load is a Load.
Your dispatcher doesn't differentiate, only does your take home.

ALL TRUCKS LOOK THE SAME WHEN BROKEN DOWN ON THE SIDE OF ANY ROAD or when Hooked Up for tow away as well when attempting to leave a Streakin Beacon.
Drivers look so cool then eh, what, what?!

I look "beach party bingo cool" in any vehicle.

I'm especially cool looking in the '02 freightshaker Condo company truck which is tri-colored (Red, Faded Red, Grey Primer)
Cool customized accessories of non adjusted Headlights, folded in Bat Wings, Dirty Aluminum Wheels, well lubed Engine and Bay as well under carriage, and excessively un-maintained cleanliness of rear drives and 5th wheel, yet all Glass and Lights are usually clean (except top trailer rail).
Trailer is the ever popular dingy white from lack of allowed cost of washing and it's merely a 2013 model so hopefully by next year it'll have a wonderful full coverage brown hue for those times, you know, when ya really want not to be seen (like evading Coops on back roads).

That's MY story and I'm just Along For The Ride.

CHEERS!!