Reddaway | Look at the fedex forum

No reputable sales rep would ever put his career on the line by posting that crap on an open forum. What he says to "Mr Customer" is his business. I call it disgusting on their board and was told that is capitalism. This kind of stuff is really hard to ignore.

No reputable sales rep would ever put his career on the line by posting that crap on an open forum. What he says to "Mr Customer" is his business. I call it disgusting on their board and was told that is capitalism. This kind of stuff is really hard to ignore.

I wonder why a hotshot salesman like that can only badmouth the carriers he competes with ? Cant you sell service,price,claims ? No just tell them the other guys problems and they give you all the freight. Well it dont work that way ! As a shipper I want to know my freight is being handled properly BUT if you can only blow smoke about the other guy you just look like a piece of ::shit::. Im happy he works for someone else.

I hope I can clarify this. I am not an ex YRCer. My sales pitch boils down to the individual customer I am speaking to. I analyze their commodity, lanes and needs. Then I discover what carriers they are currenly using and differentiate my company based on the service. When dealing with Reddaway, they are a good company. My three hardest sells are Conway, Reddaway, and Estes in that order because of the territory I am in. Conway is nothing but quality, just like FXF. Reddaway weaknesses are cross country transit times and some damage, and Estes throws pallet rates at anyone with a pulse.
I dont badmouth the competition because I dont need to. When someone tells me that they use Reddaway. I tell them, "Well they are a quality carrier" "Tell me, is there anything about them that you would like to change" and thats when I will hear about an issue or 'barrier' as we call them. Once I show them that the barrier can be surpassed, I initiate the close. If there are no problems, fine and dandy, then I bring up the fact that Reddaway is unfortunately associated with YRC and I talk about the issues that the corporation has and position myself as a backup carrier.
I'll also tell you this. I have never and will never cut another carrier's rates. I still gain business from customers without addressing price until a second or third visit. If there is a salesperson implementing rates after one contact, thats not selling. Thats rate peddling.

I hope I can clarify this. I am not an ex YRCer. My sales pitch boils down to the individual customer I am speaking to. I analyze their commodity, lanes and needs. Then I discover what carriers they are currenly using and differentiate my company based on the service. When dealing with Reddaway, they are a good company. My three hardest sells are Conway, Reddaway, and Estes in that order because of the territory I am in. Conway is nothing but quality, just like FXF. Reddaway weaknesses are cross country transit times and some damage, and Estes throws pallet rates at anyone with a pulse.
I dont badmouth the competition because I dont need to. When someone tells me that they use Reddaway. I tell them, "Well they are a quality carrier" "Tell me, is there anything about them that you would like to change" and thats when I will hear about an issue or 'barrier' as we call them. Once I show them that the barrier can be surpassed, I initiate the close. If there are no problems, fine and dandy, then I bring up the fact that Reddaway is unfortunately associated with YRC and I talk about the issues that the corporation has and position myself as a backup carrier.
I'll also tell you this. I have never and will never cut another carrier's rates. I still gain business from customers without addressing price until a second or third visit. If there is a salesperson implementing rates after one contact, thats not selling. Thats rate peddling.

Do you tell them about all the drivers you let go this year ? or the MILLIONS you lost in the 2nd quarter ?:eck13::eck13::eck13:

Do you tell them about all the drivers you let go this year ? or the MILLIONS you lost in the 2nd quarter ?:eck13::eck13::eck13:

We are in the first quarter right now actually. We reported our year end results on June 17th and they are as follows:
Full Year Results
FedEx Corp. reported the following consolidated results for the full year:

Revenue of $35.5 billion, down 6% from $38.0 billion the previous year
Operating income of $747 million, down 64% from $2.08 billion last year
Net income of $98 million, down 91% from last year’s $1.13 billion
Earnings per share of $0.31, down 91% from $3.60 per share a year ago
Excluding the impact of fourth quarter impairment and other charges from both years, earnings per share were $3.76, compared to $5.83 a year ago
Capital spending for fiscal 2009 was $2.5 billion.

We let go about 2% of our people systemwide, not just drivers. If a customer asks, I tell them the truth. Whats different is that YRC is bleeding out right now and FedEx has no debt. We are investing billions in new aircraft and equipment, YRC is buying our old trailers. There is really no comparison and its like I said. I see Reddaway as a quality carrier and so do many customers. When they have a solid relationship and good service, I position myself as a backup, thats all. Your anger should be directed at people who have caused the company to become unstable, not the competition. It seems like I have a dozen real competitors and most other companies have one.

FR8sales From the Fed-ex forum

We in sales have been hitting them pretty hard, thats why their service centers have been shuttering lately. Basically we want to turn the only profitable portion of YRC's business into the red and stick the nail in the coffin. We still arent cutting their rates but instead telling customers about the closures, financial problems, service issues, and my favorite question, "Mr Customer, do you know what happens to your freight if it's in that carrier's system when they close their doors? According to the bill of lading you signed for all legal purposes, it is property of the carrier while in transit. Thats why its the carrier's responsibility to classify things correctly and use correct hazmat placards and so on, because its the carrier's legal responsibility. But since the doors to that carrier are now closed, your freight is property of a bank somewhere in Kansas City. You may get it back from the carrier after a claim process is filed and lawyers scrutinze the stuff for a few months, but what does that do to your business? What does that delay do to your bottom line?"

:ranting2:You have a lot to learn,here is your post from the fed-ex forum as you posted it word for word.It seems to me you are selling the demise of Reddaway and the rest of the YRC family.Now you come on here and sing a different tune.You might want to learn some more about haz-mat shipments,agreed it is the responsibility of the carrier once it is signed for but it is the shippers responsibility to make sure it is packaged correctly and placards are offered,thats why drivers have Haz-mat endorsements on their licenses..Maybe a course you ought to take...Again I will ask you a question you failed to answer on the fed-ex forum..How does ones freight become trapped with a shipper that requires getting a lawyer to getting things straightened out???How about posting the OR for Fed-EX freight..not the entire company.Now lets talk about equipment,sure Yrc may not be buying a whole lot of new equipment but they are not buying used,if anything they are selling the older trailers that are no longer needed.At NPME we received a whole order of NEW tractors this year just as they have in previous years.I would hope that you do not have to bend to these lower standards just to put freight on your trucks..You posted on the Reddaway forum here that you don't badmouth any carriers,but if you re-read your post that is exactly what you did..By the way just to let you know the fed-ex salespeople are doing the same thing here on the east coast so one would start to wonder where it is coming from:Flame-On:

point by point,
in the context of selling against them yes, I tell the customer the truth, I tell them exactly what is public knowledge. Are you telling me that exploiting a competitors weakness is unethical or wrong? Thats like telling the Steelers to go easy on the Raiders because they have a weak defense. As I said before, Reddaway is a quality carrier. When I sell against Reddaway or any other carrier I exploit the weaknesses of that carrier. People that sell against FXF try to do the same or just throw discounts at people.

I dont know if you were around for the demise of CF or not, but during that process there were customer's freight that was in the middle of their system that took months to sort out. If it was close to the origin or destination, efforts were made to move it initially but if it was nowhere close to either, it was held up and evaluated by a claims processing group that was formed under the supervision of the bankruptcy attorneys. I didnt say they would need an attorney and I dont say that to customers. I educate them on what happened if they were not around to witness it themselves.
The revenue numbers for the Freight segment were hurt by the goodwill charges of the FedEx National aquisition, formerly Watkins Truck Lines. So for all those who wish to view the release and have it broken down, here is the link. FedEx Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year Earnings | FedEx Global Newsroom
As far as the purchased equipment I can verify that the YRC terminal purchased FXF's old trailers because a family member works at the facility that sold them.
As far as badmouthing, I didnt mean to hurt anyones feelings so I apologize.
Salespeople all over the US are targeting YRC customers and thats coming from every carrier, not just FXF. .

Your not hurting FEELINGS !! your talking ::shit:: !! IF we were around when CF went down ? Please ! I sure am glad Fedex has someone like you so ALL the shippers get the history lession your so willing to give ! I dont see any of our sales people on here talking ::shit:: about Fedex ! let alone going on your forum and talking out of both sides of their:eck13:,

Reddaway weaknesses are cross country transit times and some damage

I guess you haven't heard that Reddaway is, and always has been a REGIONAL Carrier? And have you looked in the back of any FXF trailers lately?

then I bring up the fact that Reddaway is unfortunately associated with YRC and I talk about the issues that the corporation has and position myself as a backup carrier.

Just like in February when your company instructed your sales force to inform customers that YRC was in fact going out of business on the 18th and if they weren't shipping with you by then you wouldn't pick up their freight?

If a customer asks, I tell them the truth. Whats different is that YRC is bleeding out right now and FedEx has no debt.

You need to check your own company's year end financial statment where there is $2.008 BILLION in debt listed and $110 million in interest paid on that debt last year.

We let go about 2% of our people systemwide

How about all of the workers that don't even work 1 or 2 days? I guess it's really not a layoff if you don't work them until they quit.

It seems like I have a dozen real competitors and most other companies have one.

If you think that your company is the only competition for all of the other freight companies, you sir, are deluded.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:
I guess you haven't heard that Reddaway is, and always has been a REGIONAL Carrier? And have you looked in the back of any FXF trailers lately?

Just like in February when your company instructed your sales force to inform customers that YRC was in fact going out of business on the 18th and if they weren't shipping with you by then you wouldn't pick up their freight?

You need to check your own company's year end financial statment where there is $2.008 BILLION in debt listed and $110 million in interested paid on that debt last year.

How about all of the workers that don't even work 1 or 2 days? I guess it's really not a layoff if you don't work them until they quit.

If you think that your company is the only competition for all of the other freight companies, you sir, are deluded.

Almost13ranch

:clap:Thank you..You told him:nutkick:By the way I see very little damage coming from the Reddaway freight that comes to NPME so if he telling customers you have a problem with damage that is just another fabricated story to sell freight:TR10driving03:

point by point,
in the context of selling against them yes, I tell the customer the truth, I tell them exactly what is public knowledge. Are you telling me that exploiting a competitors weakness is unethical or wrong? Thats like telling the Steelers to go easy on the Raiders because they have a weak defense. As I said before, Reddaway is a quality carrier. When I sell against Reddaway or any other carrier I exploit the weaknesses of that carrier. People that sell against FXF try to do the same or just throw discounts at people.

I dont know if you were around for the demise of CF or not, but during that process there were customer's freight that was in the middle of their system that took months to sort out. If it was close to the origin or destination, efforts were made to move it initially but if it was nowhere close to either, it was held up and evaluated by a claims processing group that was formed under the supervision of the bankruptcy attorneys. I didnt say they would need an attorney and I dont say that to customers. I educate them on what happened if they were not around to witness it themselves.
The revenue numbers for the Freight segment were hurt by the goodwill charges of the FedEx National aquisition, formerly Watkins Truck Lines. So for all those who wish to view the release and have it broken down, here is the link. FedEx Corp. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year Earnings | FedEx Global Newsroom
As far as the purchased equipment I can verify that the YRC terminal purchased FXF's old trailers because a family member works at the facility that sold them.
Salespeople all over the US are targeting YRC customers and thats coming from every carrier, not just FXF. .

Maybe we need to print all this crap off that comes off you fingertips,and give it to the city drivers to pass around.But we probably don't need to go that low!Because what goes around comes around.

Have you ever wondered where all the rumors of YRC's, and by extension, Reddaway's demise come from? This is a prime example:

point by point,

The revenue numbers for the Freight segment were hurt by the goodwill charges of the FedEx National aquisition, formerly Watkins Truck Lines. So for all those who wish to view the release and have it broken down, here is the link.

In this post, We are told that "exploiting a competitors weakness " isn't wrong. That would be correct, but can you explain why bringing up what would happen to their freight when YRC goes bankrupt is provided? As an educational item I'm sure. Or that their freight will never be recovered, just so the shipper can make an informed decision, wasn't intended to scare someone? Or the "fact" that that a YRC terminal purchased used trailers from a Fedex terminal couldn't be construed as "badmouthing" the competition?

What possible reason , given the general slowness in the industry and consolidation of over 100 YRC terminals, would YRC need to by any extra trailers? Every carrier in this country has excess rolling stock. Not to mention that there is no corporation that would allow a terminal to make such an acquisition at that level including Fedex. Such a statement borders on the ludicrous.

Mind you all of this "information" is provided so the shipper can make an informed decision on who could best handle their freight traffic.

As far as I'm concerned, this "exploitation of weaknesses" is provided by and intended for those that are unencumbered by the thought process.

Have you ever wondered where all the rumors of YRC's, and by extension, Reddaway's demise come from? This is a prime example:

In this post, We are told that "exploiting a competitors weakness " isn't wrong. That would be correct, but can you explain why bringing up what would happen to their freight when YRC goes bankrupt is provided? As an educational item I'm sure. Or that their freight will never be recovered, just so the shipper can make an informed decision, wasn't intended to scare someone? Or the "fact" that that a YRC terminal purchased used trailers from a Fedex terminal couldn't be construed as "badmouthing" the competition?

What possible reason , given the general slowness in the industry and consolidation of over 100 YRC terminals, would YRC need to by any extra trailers? Every carrier in this country has excess rolling stock. Not to mention that there is no corporation that would allow a terminal to make such an acquisition at that level including Fedex. Such a statement borders on the ludicrous.

Mind you all of this "information" is provided so the shipper can make an informed decision on who could best handle their freight traffic.

As far as I'm concerned, this "exploitation of weaknesses" is provided by and intended for those that are unencumbered by the thought process.

Good post. The "scare" tactic is the preferred method of sales people from this company. I still keep a copy of the "flyer" that was used before the integration in my locker.