Reddaway | Look at the fedex forum

As far as the purchased equipment I can verify that the YRC terminal purchased FXF's old trailers because a family member works at the facility that sold them.
I would just like to point out that second hand(or more) information is not confirmation.

I agree

Your not hurting FEELINGS !! your talking ::shit:: !! IF we were around when CF went down ? Please ! I sure am glad Fedex has someone like you so ALL the shippers get the history lession your so willing to give ! I dont see any of our sales people on here talking ::shit:: about Fedex ! let alone going on your forum and talking out of both sides of their:eck13:,

THAT FEDEX SALES-DUDE SHOULD BE IN THE USED CAR BUSINESS. WHAT A PILE OF ::shit:: THEY CANT TAKE BUSINESS FROM REDDAWAY BASED ON THEIR OWN WORTH AS A CARRIER, CUZ FEDEX FRT SUCKS :eck13::eck13:

Hey Jeff or Benny, if a driver can be banded from a Union or Non Union Forum, for talking about the Union, why cant we ban a sales rep ?

Hey Jeff or Benny, if a driver can be banded from a Union or Non Union Forum, for talking about the Union, why cant we ban a sales rep ?

I'm watching what's going on here very closely. If he or anyone else gets out of line I'll take care of it, you guys know that by now. Since Reddaway drivers are both Union and Non-Union (mixed forum) some things are allowed in this type forum, that aren't allowed in other forum's that are either straight Union or Non-Union. You guys have been debating this issue about what FR8SALES said in another forum pretty well on your own. I've been allowing most everything to be posted without any editing because most everything has been within the rules, I appreciate that by all of you. FR8SALES chose to come to this forum in an attempt to defend and explain what he posted and you guys have been explaining it right back to him/her as to what exactly he posted, word for word. Anybody that has read everything here between all of you can make up their own minds about the true meaning behind FR8SALES's post. Just keep doing what you guys are doing and I'll keep watching to make sure everything stays within the rules. If anyone feels that a member is breaking a TB rule and I miss it, please send me a PM or click on the report symbol
report.gif
for that post and report it.

Carry on guys and gals.

I heard 2nd quarter loss was 876 mil at fed ex freight.
Any truth to that fr8sales? Do you make your customers aware of this statistic?

I heard 2nd quarter loss was 876 mil at fed ex freight.
Any truth to that fr8sales? Do you make your customers aware of this statistic?

Fr8sales already posted the link to the earnings release, but I'll copy the pertinent results here; this was for our fourth quarter ending May 31 (we're now in our first fiscal quarter):

Operating loss of $106 million, down from operating income of $99 million a year ago.
The operating loss reflects a $90 million impairment charge related to the goodwill associated with the September 2006 acquisition of the U.S. and Canadian less-than-truckload freight operations of Watkins Motor Lines (now known as FedEx National LTL). The quarter also includes $10 million of charges primarily related to severance associated with personnel reductions.

Minus those charges, the Freight segment (which includes FedEx Freight, FedEx National LTL, and FedEx Custom Critical) would have had combined losses of about 6 million.

I think you're getting the $876 million loss for the entire corporation in the fourth quarter (March, April, May.) For the entire fiscal year, though, we had net income of $98 million.

As for your question, I doubt anyone's running in to a customer pointing to our earnings release showing a loss, unless it's to show a comparison to a competitor.

oaf

As for your question, I doubt anyone's running in to a customer pointing to our earnings release showing a loss, unless it's to show a comparison to a competitor.

oaf

Now that wouldn't be something one of your sales guys would use:biglaugh::biglaugh:

And you guys think the ABF rep isn't saying the same things about you? Get real.

And the Yellow and Roadway reps weren't saying the same things about Cornflakes when their stock was trading at $2.00/share?

Amazing how a salesperson can "expoilt the weakness" of his competition. I guess he isn't able to sell based on any points or strengths for his company. Scare tactics will only come back to haunt you in the end. Boy, I hope we do pull through this so in the future our sales guys can go to Fedex customers and say, "see how they lied about us? why would you continue to trust them?" Boy would that be sweet!!!

Whats really amazing is how employees of a failing company go after other companies sales people and drivers for doing the same thing that their companies sales staff and drivers have and would do if they were out selling and the drivers werent laid off. Its all about bussiness. Havent you bought a house or a car? You try to exploit another persons weakness to get a lower price even if you have to point out the problems and compare with another. Every company has done it and still does it Reddaway and YRC are not exempt. quit crying

Fedx

Dont ya just fell sorry for the poor fedx salesman whos just about to lose his job so he has to tell all our loyal customers that were closing!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

ex fedex

Just surfing through and thought I should comment
Was a line driver for fedex freight up until 2 months ago,
got laid off, like 7 other drivers out of kent wa.
Moral is at its lowest, they dont care about the customers or the employees, its all about the bottom line and the share holders. Ive seen so much damaged freight handled by fedex its hard to believe.the employees dont care anymore.
for this sales guy to talk sh-- , stupid a--
hey sales guy, hows about telling your customers you dont pay your damage claims, or tell your customers that fedex really doesnt haul your freight, goes on gypos once it comes in off the street, and yet are charged top dollar thinking fedex is taking care off it from point to point
YRCW, GO GET THE FREIGHT, its there for the taking
show fedex who the salesmen are

I cant comment much about fedex but I can offer one little fact. Every former fedex employee who has come to work the dock at my reddaway terminal has been pretty terrible in general at loading freight. This isnt bad because everybody has to learn but their attitude is basically "if we can cram the freight into the trailer and get it closed it will be alright" They dont know how to properly load, they dont know how to secure a trailer they damage things left and right trying to load. This one guy destroyed a pallet of paint and left the mess and attempted to shut the trailer anyway with the paint leaking all over the other freight! Luckily we caught him in the act or he would of sent it out like that. His defense was that he used to do that all the time at fedex..... Pretty ridiculous and it says a lot about the management running those fedex terminals. I imagine most of their employees are just like the ones I have come to know since every one I have seen so far as been careless at best.

On the front of competition fedex is not much of a threat as our current customers are happy with the work we do for them and wont be leaving for another company anytime soon. Fedex really needs to be worried about UPS rather than reddaway because they are kicking fedex's ass in the parcel business as of now.