XPO | LOOK OUT NORTHEAST

I think the FedEx board was talking about that right now too. Who ever thought Saia would be a threat?

Read the Saia board, been on there for a couple months- Locations- Washington Pa(Pittsburgh), MT Joy Pa(Harrisburg), Cinnaminson NJ(Philly), Jersey City, NJ all due to open late May early June.

My barn has hired several former Saia drivers. Maybe it's just here but they are the ones that everybody leaves. Last year there were offering a $500 sign on bonus

My barn has hired several former Saia drivers. Maybe it's just here but they are the ones that everybody leaves. Last year there were offering a $500 sign on bonus

Saia don't pay very good so they will have trouble attracting good drivers to stay with them over the long haul ! I think !

Saia don't pay very good so they will have trouble attracting good drivers to stay with them over the long haul ! I think !
From what I heard they are starting the city drivers out top rate $28 and linehaul at $.64 per mile with no dock. I know the grass is not always green over there but to some more money will makes it a lot greener.
At this time with drives unsure about their future here at XPO will make some jump.

Their insurance is pretty good!! It is locked in and paid for you after 5 years of service until you leave or retire! Image that as a benefit?

The amount of money will speak volumes. But word spreads fast as to how you are treated @ work. And that will be a deciding factor for a lot of people thinking about applying there. von.

http://www.saiacorp.com/newsView.aspx?id=313

I hear they are interviewing now with an opening in May. I sure most of the barns they lease will be right down the street an XPO barn and we can sit back and watch the mass departure of driver, dock works, and even managers.
You know how many LTL freight companies in the Northeast open and close in a years time? Quite a few. The NE is one of the toughest places in the country to compete in. Saia is no different than the ones already there. They will get a share of the business like the rest.

From what I heard they are starting the city drivers out top rate $28 and linehaul at $.64 per mile with no dock. I know the grass is not always green over there but to some more money will makes it a lot greener.
At this time with drives unsure about their future here at XPO will make some jump.
This is true about the money. SAIA has always been big in the south. That's how they built this company along with the spin off with Yellow and great leadership after that. Healthcare is one of the biggest reasons I'm here. It's great with United Healthcares premium plan ... $12 single weekly .. $37 family weekly .... $25 office visits without meeting deductible ... $1500 max out of pocket. 401K match to 6% .. Free healthcare after 10 years, not 5 ... Still a perk for a young man. 1 week vacation after 1 year plus 5 personal days. 2 weeks after 2 years plus 5 personal as well. Probably all new equipment starting up. We do have DriveCam in cab but you guys are use to that. Great company but they are pretty selective in hiring. Mostly want experienced LTL men. Probably wouldn't be worth a jump for 10-20 year guys but the young less senior guys should consider it if your looking for a change. Yep, SAIA just wants a piece of the pie. The NE is tough but we should do OK. Took a lot of good people from New Penn. SAIA moves carefully with expansion by not taking on to much debt with buyouts. Growing organically so to speak. Real smart CEO leading us. As far as the grass being greener that can be true in some areas but perhaps not all. Just don't dismiss SAIA as a non factor. They will take a piece of the pie.

Sounds like you guys could become more of a movie star than you already are with the nanny cams Saia will have ready for you.

I think the FedEx board was talking about that right now too. Who ever thought Saia would be a threat?

Not a threat. Jumping in and taking advantage of all the freight XPO cut out of Con-way. They would be stupid not to race in as quickly as possible.

You know how many LTL freight companies in the Northeast open and close in a years time? Quite a few. The NE is one of the toughest places in the country to compete in. Saia is no different than the ones already there. They will get a share of the business like the rest.

Well, out 70 to Jersey ain't really the north east. But they will no doubt be expanding in this strong economy.

Well from what I heard they are testing the water slowly by moving a little at a time. I know they will cut there prices to get customers and maybe even take a loss in that area for a few years just to get a foot hold.