LOOK OUT NORTHEAST

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by Fly-by-night, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Fly-by-night

Fly-by-night Only when you care to send the very best

What barn is offering that???

2. Canadian Flyer

Canadian Flyer Speedy Freightshaker #411

Saia's continued growth and success is balanced by the abject failure of Preston. Not everything Yellow has discarded works.

Dollar Bill thought he could build the Titanic. I think he must've missed the part where it sank.

Songremainsthesame likes this.
  3. Fly-by-night

So Preston falls and Saia got bigger CF falls and Con-way got bigger. Do we see a trend here.

Canadian Flyer likes this.
  4. ltltrkr

ltltrkr Active Member

2 different stories there, yellow bought Preston which owned Saia and West ex . They spun Preston off on their own and eventually they went Under. Yellow then bought Jevic, suppose to have a full non union cross country LTL. The merged Westex and Saia then ended up spinning them off and selling Jevic to Jeffries and that led to their demise. Saia has been the only company that Yellow bought and spun off that has survived.

icuicp likes this.
  5. Fly-by-night

What I was talking about is how these non-union companies are doing so well compared to the union companies that started or owned them. I believe YRC would have closed it's doors if not for the govt and the concession from the union.

vongrimmenstein likes this.
  6. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

Hate to say it but I agree. They di dget one thing. 75% less money in to the pension fund. Basically the same as going bankrupt. And we all know Pension fund obligations are one of the first things discharged in a bankruptcy proceeding. If YRC goes it's good night CSPF. Maybe not the next day, but very soon. von.

highspeeds and Fly-by-night like this.