:TR10driving03:
Milan Express, New Century Form LTL Partnership
William B. Cassidy | Jul 7, 2009 7:26PM GMT
The Journal of Commerce Online - News Story

* LTL
* | Trucking
* | United States

'Lightning Alliance' to speed LTL freight between South, Midwest, Northeast

Milan Express and New Century Transportation formed a “Lightning Alliance” to speed less-than-truckload freight from the Midwest and Southeast to the Northeast.

The alliance extends both carriers’ reach, expanding Milan Express’s territory northward and adding New Century’s “hybrid” LTL and expedited services to its portfolio of service offerings.

Milan Express, with headquarters in Milan, Tenn., has been delivering shipments from the Northeast for New Century customers in the South and Midwest since March 2008.

“This new alliance makes the partnership reciprocal,” said Tommy Ross, Milan Express founder and chairman.

Milan operates in the Midwest from Ohio to Illinois and a part of Wisconsin and in the South from Mississippi to North Carolina.

New Century Transportation, Westampton, N.J., has a direct-to-load model of LTL carriage first devised by its chairman, Harry Muhlschlegel, for his previous company, Jevic Transportation. Freight is delivered direct rather than through a hub-and-spoke terminal network.

“New Century will also provide our unique menu of hybrid LTL and expedited services to their shippers,” Muhlschlegel said of Milan Express.

New Century Transportation, Westampton, N.J., has a direct-to-load model of LTL carriage first devised by its chairman, Harry Muhlschlegel, for his previous company, Jevic Transportation. Freight is delivered direct rather than through a hub-and-spoke terminal network.

Wow their really bragging about what they had or did with Jevic? Good luck to you all.

Wow their really bragging about what they had or did with Jevic? Good luck to you all.

I drove by your Duncan SC yard and it is empty. Is this something to do with the Milan deal? Lots of luck fellas

I drove by your Duncan SC yard and it is empty. Is this something to do with the Milan agreement?
Blessing to you all, Big Blue (ex Jevic)

I can't honestly tell you. I don't run the south. We got a message on the Qualcomm telling us about it. That's the only reason I know they did it.:rolleyes1: