Looking for a way to make extra money...any suggestions?

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
I use to be a truck driver. I currently operate a plant. I work 3 -12 hour shifts, get 2 days off, then 2 -12 hour shifts. I don't make much, but I like what I am doing. Currently I am struggling a bit because I got hit with a debtor that got a judgement on me for $5000. I know its only temporary and I am paying the bills barely, but I thought I'd ask if anyone knew how I could make extra money? In a year or so will have a bunch extra opportunities because I think I can take the license to do a/c and heat work, but his is now. I have mechanical ability and I was thinking about working in a nursing home like I use to.

I use to be a truck driver. I currently operate a plant. I work 3 -12 hour shifts, get 2 days off, then 2 -12 hour shifts. I don't make much, but I like what I am doing. Currently I am struggling a bit because I got hit with a debtor that got a judgement on me for $5000. I know its only temporary and I am paying the bills barely, but I thought I'd ask if anyone knew how I could make extra money? In a year or so will have a bunch extra opportunities because I think I can take the license to do a/c and heat work, but his is now. I have mechanical ability and I was thinking about working in a nursing home like I use to.
i was going to suggest a yardman's job, if you still have your CDL.

in my area, TMC flatbed has a drop yard/terminal and they are always on Craig's list, looking for a part time yardman.

you can also check construction companies, or landscapers that do snow plowing for the city, or town, or state. problem here though, is there can be a snow storm, and you are unavailable due to your regular job.

nursing home, assisted living, hospitals, can always use part time help.

i'm outta ideas.

Penske and Ryder outlets also hire for part-time truck shuttlers, they always say hours are flexible.

Greetings truckinus,

I as well used to be a Truck Driver yet nowadays I'm simply another person driving a C.M.V.

You are in charge of operating a plant??
3 on, 2 off then 2 on, 3 off?
Not at all a bad shift as it beats 5-6 days at 12 hours per with 1 to 2 days off AND it's much better because you can sleep AT HOME.

I understand the "I don't make much but I like what I'm doing".
I still wonder WHY I decided to become a Truck Driver as I had many potential opportunities, but that's water (and mud) under the collapsing bridge, so onward we roll.

You appear to have many abilities or skills where skills outrank abilities.
You, like we, have the "ability" to learn new "Skills" as in your "ability" to "skillfully" perform a/c/heat work as well other maintenance (nursing home).

In a year or so will have a bunch extra opportunities because I think I can take the license to do a/c and heat work...
What License?
Your Class A?
You have a Contractors License?

Ways to make "extra money":

1) ADVERTISE your potential for A/C/HEAT work and other Skills. (it'll probably garner you some gigs--see # 2)
2) Connect with people at LinkedIn (or sign up) as well other institutions and contractors.(GET YOUR NAME OUT THERE)
3) Sell stuff you no longer want or need on Craigslist or yard sales.
4) There's Uber (yet I do not recommend it).
5) Like what pro1driver stated.

CHEERS!!

Yeah, I believe it is 3 years working in refrigeration and you can take the test. I am a little confused on that since I just work for a manufacturing company. I will investigate further when the time comes. Guess I could just offer my services unlicensed and hope for the best?

I have an elderly friend . ... that shuttles cars for enterprise and sometimes car auctions . no special license required . not big money . .. but does get him out of the house and a few extra bucks in his pocket .

I have an elderly friend . ... that shuttles cars for enterprise and sometimes car auctions . no special license required . not big money . .. but does get him out of the house and a few extra bucks in his pocket .
Shuttle for Bruno, he pays better. :27:

I was a part time School Bus monitor for 5 years after retiring after 45 years of LTL trucking.
I really enjoyed riding around & keeping the kids engaged so they would not bother the bus driver.
I got sick in April of this year & had to give it up.
I have no idea where you are,however my school district is always looking for Bus drivers & monitors.
Also many other school districts & private contractors are always looking to hire in my county as well.

I was a part time School Bus monitor for 5 years after retiring after 45 years of LTL trucking.
I really enjoyed riding around & keeping the kids engaged so they would not bother the bus driver.
I got sick in April of this year & had to give it up.
I have no idea where you are,however my school district is always looking for Bus drivers & monitors.
Also many other school districts & private contractors are always looking to hire in my county as well.

I like how your garbage trucks have snow plows on them . .... double the pay.... :greedy dollars:

Yeah thats the city of Rochester,I live in the town of Parma just north of the village of Spencerport more to the west of Rochester.
Our public works uses dump trucks with plows,the garbage service we have are all private contractors.

I like how your garbage trucks have snow plows on them . .... double the pay.... :greedy dollars:
i remember being told, the reason for garbage trucks to have snow plows, is that they are the first trucks in the neighborhoods each day. just makes sense, clear a way for the other trucks to get there behind them.