FedEx Freight | Looking for Driver Apprentice DDC agreement

5,000 if you leave within first 6 months, the payback amount decreases after those first six months.

6-7 months 85% of 5k
7-8 months 70% of 5k
8-9 months 55% of 5k
9-10 months 40% of 5k
10-11 months 25% of 5k
11-12 months 10% of 5k

I had the same question a year ago.
I took a pic of the info above when I looked it up on the intranet a while back, but it's not letting me embed the pic.

My instructor told me the chances of them coming after anyone for repayment were pretty slim. His logic being that they’d spend more in legal fees than whatever they might get back. For whatever that’s worth...

And I literally just realized my one year anniversary was yesterday so I guess I’m off the hook!

A driver quit one month after he completed the program. He didn’t have to repay anything. I still see him around town, he drives for XPO now.

From my time at Express, I remember a few cases of it.
Iirc, it's not really legally enforceable for a number of reasons.
On top of the afore mentioned, It would cost Fx $20,000+ in lawyer fees just so they could get $5,000 from you.

Does anyone know the repayment amounts?

PM ok if preferred.
Thanks in advance.
The problem is that if you apply to other companies they'll see that FedEx has a lien against you for the amount of your schooling AND WON'T TOUCH YOU!

FedEx doesn't have to come after you. Nobody else will hire you.

The problem is that if you apply to other companies they'll see that FedEx has a lien against you for the amount of your schooling AND WON'T TOUCH YOU!

That's false, and I've personally seen it disproven with people I speak with on a weekly basis.

From my time at Express, I remember a few cases of it.
Iirc, it's not really legally enforceable for a number of reasons.
On top of the afore mentioned, It would cost Fx $20,000+ in lawyer fees just so they could get $5,000 from you.
Not everyone walks away. There is the moral obligation to fulfill one's part of the bargain. In fact, it has happened where it was paid back. Why? Because it was the right thing to do. Moral compass...Imagine that.

You can't put a lien against someone you can only place a lien upon property.

The only thing ANY company can provide when employment is asked to be verified are the dates of employment.

And the only way any lien can be placed on anything is through court order.