Looking for honest opinions of NEMF

Budman21901

TB Lurker
Credits
I had a review today for the North East Md. Location. Everything seemed to go very well at the interview. I am looking for some honest opinions from the drivers. Turnover rate, work conditions, equipment, etc. I have tried gathering some of this info from posts but its hard because there are haters, and there are lovers. Send me some feedback as to weather to take the job or not. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Here is the way I see it right now. Healthcare is paid by the company and probably will stay that way for at least a couple of years. The equipment is tired and new stuff sits for a while b4 it is used. Lowest top rate in union ltl ( but benefits paid) You really do not get pushed as long as you dillingently do your best to get the job done. No weekends or holidays. I think its a pretty good job. Our contracts are up this year and the company is going to contribute to the national pension plan. Which is a pretty good plan. 401k, dental, and optical are also available. Realize it is going to take about 6mos to get used to the way things are around here just like any other job. It will probably take 1 yr to understand what you have to do to make a living. Good ot usually available.

I had a review today for the North East Md. Location. Everything seemed to go very well at the interview. I am looking for some honest opinions from the drivers. Turnover rate, work conditions, equipment, etc. I have tried gathering some of this info from posts but its hard because there are haters, and there are lovers. Send me some feedback as to weather to take the job or not. Thanks for any info you can give me.
there are better places...........
they will offer one type of health insurance come contract time, then find a way to switch to another during the duration of the contract. if you are a new hire and for line haul, pack your bags, and keep them handy. you WILL do over nighters, in spite of what any TM will tell you. expect to wait for a long time for a load going to another terminal, again, if you go line haul. new hires get the short end of the stick at contract time. if i'm not mistaken, the contracts are coming up for negotiations. expect that you will have to pay more for your health insurance than say someone who started just before the last contract took effect. there may be no weekends or holidays, but if your low man, you WILL work if anyone else doesn't want to, and you cannot refuse.

my time there was ok, and just ok.....i was line haul.....i was supposed to be home EVERY DAY, as i WAS a senior man......then they started messing with me.........saying i WOULD HAVE TO do an over nighter, when some low man on the list got to go back home........from that point on, i had lost the little, VERY little respect i had for the company, or the low life, low man on the list.............you DO NOT mess with senior drivers........and the union.....?? another bunch of @-holes......

if nemf were to fold up and go out of business right now, i wouldn't shed a single tear..............

i'd just laugh my @ss off.............:smilie_132:

all and all nemf is not a bad company to work for, no different than any other ltl co, with the exception that we do not have a layoff list in the winter like all the Teamster ltl's. Decent top rate pay, not the best, but livable. The new medical plan is really not worth a crap, but at least we have company payed medical for the moment. As long as you do what is asked of you should not have any problems. As for the equipment alot of it is old and tired, my tractor is 20 yrs old, but what ltl co. doesnt have some old equip.
Not the most efficient co in how they do things, but that can sometimes work to the drivers advantage, especially city drivers, it add to the OT.

Budman, from the NEMF drivers that I run with from time to time, they seem to be pretty genuine and down to earth group of guys. Courteous, professional and all around good company while out on the road. No matter where you go, who you decide to work for and who you work with, you will have your share of BS. But thats everywhere. It's what you make of it. Do whats best for you and/or your family. Good luck to you, where ever you may go.:1036316054:

Honest and to the point
Better than some not as good as others. there are a few drivers that come on this board and whenever they do, they are always bashing this company. Several of them worked here 5 to 8 years, before getting tainted against NEMF. Several of them have had several jobs since, so I wonder if they left for something better or not. This job is steady from the day you start, as in you will not live by the phone and usually don't layoff. I say usually because we did have a layoff a while back and I feel this was a panic move because it was just after the company opened the newer terminals to the west and it was an extremely slow season. I can't say they won't have layoffs again, but I do know that NEMF was one of the last companies to layoff drivers. The insurance that ProDriver has mentioned was changed as in provider. The insurance coverage is suppose to be identical. There have been some issues that have popped up with the coverage. If something was covered with the old provider and it gets kicked back now all you have to do is call Human Resources and it should be straightened out. I don't like having to do that, but, changing providers they saved money so they don't have to make us pay into our benefits yet.